Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 21st October 2015, 06:24   #3681  |  Link
Zachs
Suptitle, MediaPlayer.NET

Not sure but what can be certain from the two screenshots is ffdshow isn't feeding the same video to MPDN.
Zachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 10:10   #3682  |  Link
Zachs

Hi guys

Test build 3555 is now available. Would appreciate if the testers could give it a proper test. We should be quite close to an official release.

Cheers.
Old 21st October 2015, 10:48   #3683  |  Link
aufkrawall

Seems to be fine.

Btw: I really don't notice any difference when choosing any algorithm for offset correction.
I scaled a problematic image from 720p to WQHD with SuperRes (NNEDI3 for chroma and luma) and there is basically no difference whether nearest neighbor or Spline is used for offset correction.
So I think it just should be set to bilinear when doing upscaling fully via render scripts. It's cheap and you are someway on the safe side, compared to NN.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 12:25   #3684  |  Link
Zachs

BTW could you post your updated script settings with the different performance presets?
I'm planning to release the new MPDN soon and would like to link to it in the OP. Something like your previous post would do just fine.
Old 21st October 2015, 13:52   #3685  |  Link
aufkrawall

Here they are:
http://pastebin.com/3XDMsaei
I made some small changes, e.g. replacing second NNEDI3 pass for highend GPU quadrupling with SuperRes super-xbr.
Old 21st October 2015, 14:36   #3686  |  Link
Olivier C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs View Post
The biggest difference from your screenshots is both players aren't getting the same input. Take a look at the video resolution.
It's the same video, the only difference between MPDN and MPCHC is that the video is denoised and upscaled on one side and doesn't processed at all on the other side.

But i understand your comment so i have reproduced it again and this time with the same resolution on OSD and with Mediainfo properties in order to convince you this time :

MPDN :

MPCHC :

Thanks Zachs for your awesome player
Olivier C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 21:40   #3687  |  Link
Zachs

Is this with the latest test build or the latest stable release? If it's not the test build could you give that a try because there was a related bug that was fixed some time ago but hasn't yet made it into the stable build.

EDIT: The test build I mentioned has now been released so once you've updated your current version, please test it again to see if the problem still occurs.

Last edited by Zachs; 22nd October 2015 at 00:32.
Old 21st October 2015, 23:07   #3688  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
Here they are:
I made some small changes, e.g. replacing second NNEDI3 pass for highend GPU quadrupling with SuperRes super-xbr.
Thanks! Oh and MPDN internal scaler settings for each of the presets would be nice too.
Old 21st October 2015, 23:58   #3689  |  Link
Zachs

Performance Presets

The following is a collection of render script presets that you can use if you're not familiar with the render script system, or you just wanted something to start off with. Simply copy and paste the text in the link and paste them into the Script Group renderscript.

By aufkrawall:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall

3 presets (for low / mid / high end GPUs) of scaling and postprocessing
Please feel free to contribute your own presets and I'll add them to the collection.

Last edited by Zachs; 22nd October 2015 at 00:28.
Old 22nd October 2015, 03:17   #3690  |  Link
Olivier C.

Quote:
Is this with the latest test build or the latest stable release? If it's not the test build could you give that a try because there was a related bug that was fixed some time ago but hasn't yet made it into the stable build.

EDIT: The test build I mentioned has now been released so once you've updated your current version, please test it again to see if the problem still occurs.
Yes, it was with the latest build.

I checked with the fresh latest build (2.45.0.3555) and now it works like a charm ! Great job Zachs !

Maybe if i may say one little thing, i noticed that the input resolution is correct until i update the upscale factor while the video is playing. In this case, the input resolution is not refreshed (OSD, Ctrl+J).
I have to admit that it's a minor thing.

Thanks a lot Zachs (and others) for your (very) great job !
Olivier C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 04:02   #3691  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier C. View Post
Maybe if i may say one little thing, i noticed that the input resolution is correct until i update the upscale factor while the video is playing. In this case, the input resolution is not refreshed (OSD, Ctrl+J).
I have to admit that it's a minor thing.
Bear in mind that MPDN doesn't support input resolution changes in the middle of playback - you'll need to reopen the file.
Old 24th October 2015, 03:34   #3692  |  Link
burfadel

Under Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, along with the recent update that pushed the build decriptor to 10565.41737.amd64fre.th2_release_flt.151020-1357 (notice the 20 Oct stamp there), MPDN crashes when changing media files. This did not occur before the update. I tried resetting MPDN and using default settings, changing the decoder settings, colour space etc, nothing stops it from crashing when changing media files.

I tried MPC-HC 64-bit version and it changes media files without hassle, only MPDN is affected.

I also tried the latest nightly for MPC-HC 64-bit, tweaked all the settings, using the latest madVR with settings tweaked, custom shaders, and so on, and no matter what I tried I can not get MPC-HC to crash like MPDN does when changing media files (occurs even with a complete fresh install of MPDN). There must be something in the way that MPDN changes media files that something in the latest Windows 10 TH2 Insider Preview build with the aforementioned update that it does not like!

I suspect that maybe there is a long standing bug in MPDN that has only become apparent with a change in the way Windows does stuff, or a bug in Windows that affects the way MPDN does this, which is different to how MPC-HC etc works? In any case, reopening MPDN after each file is a little annoying!

The bug I mentioned earlier with quartz.dll, or what was causing quartz.dll to crash, has been fixed .

Last edited by burfadel; 24th October 2015 at 10:51.
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2015, 04:14   #3693  |  Link
Anima123

I don't use Fluid Motion a lot, but I just did a test with the latest version and it still has increasing number of delayed frames when OSD is off.
Anima123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2015, 06:38   #3694  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima123 View Post
I don't use Fluid Motion a lot, but I just did a test with the latest version and it still has increasing number of delayed frames when OSD is off.
I'm not seeing that here, using build 3555 with either D3D9, 10.1 or 11 in windowed and exclusive modes on Intel HD graphics.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2015, 06:51   #3695  |  Link
Anima123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
I'm not seeing that here, using build 3555 with either D3D9, 10.1 or 11 in windowed and exclusive modes on Intel HD graphics.
Here's on nVidia 880M Optimus, the latest release builds with render script chain applied.
Anima123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2015, 08:00   #3696  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima123 View Post
Here's on nVidia 880M Optimus, the latest release builds with render script chain applied.
Not seeing it on my 750 Ti either. It is all D3D versions and both windowed and FSE modes? If you disable the renderscript does it still occur?
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2015, 09:05   #3697  |  Link
Zachs

It's a problem with Optimus. There's not much that could be done because of the way the technology works. The old version never reported delayed frames when fluid motion is active. The new one does.
Old 24th October 2015, 11:35   #3698  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
Under Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, along with the recent update that pushed the build decriptor to 10565.41737.amd64fre.th2_release_flt.151020-1357 (notice the 20 Oct stamp there), MPDN crashes when changing media files. This did not occur before the update. I tried resetting MPDN and using default settings, changing the decoder settings, colour space etc, nothing stops it from crashing when changing media files.
Does this happen with the older build as well (i.e. API level 7)?
Old 24th October 2015, 12:07   #3699  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Thanks! Oh and MPDN internal scaler settings for each of the presets would be nice too.
Settings for main MPDN:
low end GPU:
chroma and luma up: bilinear
chroma and luma down: bicubic sharpness 50
(enhanced chroma reconstruction off)

mid range:
chroma and luma down: spline4 AR

high end:
chroma and luma down: spline4 AR
(reduction of XySubFilter aliasing turned on)

Since there is no proof that a better scaler for offset correction really makes a difference, imho we shouldn't recommend to burn performance until we might know better one day.
Old 24th October 2015, 12:31   #3700  |  Link
aufkrawall

There might be still something a bit weird with fluid motion: OSD reports me delayed frames when it is closed while I'm playing 59,94fps@75Hz, e.g. this video:
http://www.oc-burner.de/ftp/Videos/j...test_59,94.mp4
I'm not sure if this is just a OSD bug or if it's really less smooth, I'm not used to 60Hz.

Tags
direct3d, mpdn, nnedi3, opencl, reclock