Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 18th August 2018, 13:28   #501  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Keeper View Post
I decided against allowing tabs for stability reasons. Don't want to lose all my work if previewing one script crashes the editor.

I am going to implement comparison eventually. But among several output nodes rather than several scripts.
How are you going to organize the scripts without tab? For example, if I have three scripts that I wanted to compare, the original, denoised and denoised2, how would the layout look like. And what's your view on the layout for the preview windows?
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 13:42   #502  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
How are you going to organize the scripts without tab? For example, if I have three scripts that I wanted to compare, the original, denoised and denoised2, how would the layout look like. And what's your view on the layout for the preview windows?
Instead of 3 scripts you make one script with 3 output nodes - each with their own processing.
Comparison will have several options. Vertical, horizontal and rectangular alignment and some kind of switching for 3 and more nodes, plus swipeline for just 2 nodes.
Old 18th August 2018, 14:35   #503  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Instead of 3 scripts you make one script with 3 output nodes - each with their own processing.
Comparison will have several options. Vertical, horizontal and rectangular alignment and some kind of switching for 3 and more nodes, plus swipeline for just 2 nodes.
How are they organize? Are they going to be managed by one main window like tab or all in their own windows?

As an experienced user, I found that all the split view comparison mode very little use, because that's not how people do video comparison. The images have to be stack on top of each other in order to better spot differences.
Old 18th August 2018, 15:30   #504  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
How are they organize? Are they going to be managed by one main window like tab or all in their own windows?

As an experienced user, I found that all the split view comparison mode very little use, because that's not how people do video comparison. The images have to be stack on top of each other in order to better spot differences.
That's why there will be several options. You'll see when it's done. I can't promise any timeframe for it to be done.
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:13   #505  |  Link
tuanden0

VSEditor crashed when call nnedi3_resample
I use nnedi3_resample here: https://github.com/mawen1250/VapourSynth-script
Here's my *.vpy:
Quote:
import vapoursynth as vs
import fvsfunc as fvf
import nnedi3_resample as nnrs
core = vs.core
clip = core.ffms2.Source(r"E:\Download\Source\zzz\test.mkv")
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001)
clip = fvf.Depth(clip, bits=16)
clip = nnrs.nnedi3_resample(clip, 1280, 720)
clip.set_output()
First I checked and no error: https://i.imgur.com/KTbKRjd.png
But when I preview, VSEditor crashed: https://i.imgur.com/gAZMaUO.png
Then I tried to port this script to Avisynth to preview: https://i.imgur.com/rUNCJRf.png
And It's work: https://i.imgur.com/XE6fgOD.png

So, I think this is VSeditor problem.
tuanden0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:20   #506  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanden0 View Post
I use nnedi3_resample here: https://github.com/mawen1250/VapourSynth-script
Here's my *.vpy:

First I checked and no error: https://i.imgur.com/KTbKRjd.png
But when I preview, VSEditor crashed: https://i.imgur.com/gAZMaUO.png
Then I tried to port this script to Avisynth to preview: https://i.imgur.com/rUNCJRf.png
And It's work: https://i.imgur.com/XE6fgOD.png

So, I think this is VSeditor problem.
Does it crash when you use vspipe?
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:58   #507  |  Link
tuanden0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
No, it doesn't
I can encode with it but can't preview on VSEditor

Last edited by tuanden0; 22nd October 2018 at 12:04.
tuanden0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 17:15   #508  |  Link
no1d

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanden0 View Post
Had the same issue, it seems that fmtc.resample is the culprit. Works fine with internal resizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
It does for me, but only sometimes..
no1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2018, 01:59   #509  |  Link
_Al_

opencv

Using Ubuntu 18.04 and its Python 3.6, using opencv version3 and
simple:
import cv2
silently crashes VapourSynth Editor, not sure what's going on, other moduls are imported fine, like numpy and others and also opencv import and functions work fine using IDLE3 or Terminal. Vapoursynth 45 works also.

Last edited by _Al_; 27th December 2018 at 02:01.
_Al_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2019, 08:38   #510  |  Link
lansing

For some reason the textarea in my vs editor turns all black, the texts are still there when I highlight them. It was working normal before and I don't know how I triggered it. How do I restore the default display?
Old 19th January 2019, 12:14   #511  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
For some reason the textarea in my vs editor turns all black, the texts are still there when I highlight them. It was working normal before and I don't know how I triggered it. How do I restore the default display?
That's a bug in job server settings handling. You can fix it by finding the vsedit.config file (user/AppData/local on Windows, or vsedit path if in portable mode) and erasing the "theme" section. The bug is fixed in the repo, but with all I've been going through, it never made it into release. I'll try to make a release soon.
Old 19th January 2019, 21:55   #512  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
That's a bug in job server settings handling. You can fix it by finding the vsedit.config file (user/AppData/local on Windows, or vsedit path if in portable mode) and erasing the "theme" section. The bug is fixed in the repo, but with all I've been going through, it never made it into release. I'll try to make a release soon.
Thanks I got it.
Old 20th January 2019, 16:03   #513  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

R19 is out. Not much, mostly bug fixes. Life's been hectic. Development is slow.

-BUGFIX: Rapid settings updating on windows geometry change.
-BUGFIX: Theme settings corruption when using job server.
-Color picker update with a still mouse cursor in play mode.
-Benchmark dialog remembers first and last frame for current script.
Old 20th January 2019, 17:08   #514  |  Link
lansing

I found a bug in the preview window, if I click and hold on a spot in the timeline, the tool tip box will turn into a black box and keep on flashing.

There's a problem with benchmark too that it doesn't exit the script when it was done. I was doing benchmarks on short clips that output a log on time use to finish. The log wasn't created until I closed the benchmark window and the time being idle after the benchmark finished had also been counted toward the timing in the log.
Old 20th January 2019, 17:25   #515  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
I found a bug in the preview window, if I click and hold on a spot in the timeline, the tool tip box will turn into a black box and keep on flashing.
Can't reproduce. What system you're on and what user environment (GNOME, KDE, Cinnamon, etc) you're using?

Quote:
There's a problem with benchmark too that it doesn't exit the script when it was done. I was doing benchmarks on short clips that output a log on time use to finish. The log wasn't created until I closed the benchmark window and the time being idle after the benchmark finished had also been counted toward the timing in the log.
There are other problems with benchmark window too. I'll work on it. But if you wrote the plugins you use for logging - you might want to change their logic to do what you want more reliably. VapourSynth Editor is not made with individual plugins in mind.
Old 20th January 2019, 17:32   #516  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Can't reproduce. What system you're on and what user environment (GNOME, KDE, Cinnamon, etc) you're using?
Windows 7
Old 20th January 2019, 21:04   #517  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
Windows 7
Are you using Aero (the transparent glass windows)?
Old 20th January 2019, 23:35   #518  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Are you using Aero (the transparent glass windows)?
Yes. r18 doesn't have this problem.
Old 21st January 2019, 16:11   #519  |  Link
F1nkster

Must run as Admin to recognize library search path

I'm on Win10 running vsedit r19.

I add a custom library search path into vsedit Settings. It works fine (meaning I can import library files in that path) when I run vsedit as Admin. It does not work when I run as my normal user account.

I also added the path to PYTHONPATH and it works fine at the Python CLI, as one would expect. Just not from within vsedit.

Running vsedit as my normal user account works fine for library files that I add to ..\Python37\Lib\site-packages\vapoursynth. So it is just failing on custom paths that I add into vsedit Settings.

Also, I gave my user account full rights to Python37 and everything in it, plus the VapourSynth install directory (and everything in it), and the VapourSynth Editor directory (and everything in it). None of that made any difference.

I also deleted the config file that shows up in my AppData\Local directory. That resets all settings, but it did not change behavior.

I'm out of ideas!
F1nkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019, 05:12   #520  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1nkster View Post
I'm on Win10 running vsedit r19.

I add a custom library search path into vsedit Settings. It works fine (meaning I can import library files in that path) when I run vsedit as Admin. It does not work when I run as my normal user account.

I also added the path to PYTHONPATH and it works fine at the Python CLI, as one would expect. Just not from within vsedit.

Running vsedit as my normal user account works fine for library files that I add to ..\Python37\Lib\site-packages\vapoursynth. So it is just failing on custom paths that I add into vsedit Settings.

Also, I gave my user account full rights to Python37 and everything in it, plus the VapourSynth install directory (and everything in it), and the VapourSynth Editor directory (and everything in it). None of that made any difference.

I also deleted the config file that shows up in my AppData\Local directory. That resets all settings, but it did not change behavior.

I'm out of ideas!
The only thing that comes to mind is registry. One of the things on my TODO list is to make custom paths take priority over registry. Maybe that would help. For now, try to reinstall Python "for all users".

I'm sorry to say that, but I'm NOT going to test on Windows 10. It's shit and should be avoided at any cost.