Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th October 2005, 14:54   #1  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

BeSweet + AC3Enc: Tag generated 2.0 AC3 as "surround" if downmix was used

Unfortunately, I don't find the "BeSweet wishlist" thread anymore; if a moderator could join this thread if possible?
__

There was a question in the german board, why a 2.0 AC3 audio file created with BeSweet was not detected as "surround" although DPL or DPL-II downmix was used.

I know that it is possible to tag AC3 audio streams as surround encoded. But at the moment, there is no interface between BeSweet code and AC3Enc DLL which would allow the encoder to alter the output AC3 stream accordingly.

So I wonder if DSPguru would find that useful and could enhance this interface. And DSPguru would have to join this development, it cannot be done in AC3Enc only (the simplest solition may be to only add a parameter, a better one may be the passing of the usage of "dpl/dplii" downmix).
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2005, 12:27   #2  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Ah, I see - no interrest...

DarkAvenger will probably implement such an interface into HeadAC3he.
Old 13th November 2005, 03:46   #3  |  Link
tebasuna51

I think isn't the main problem of ac3enc-BeSweet, others parameters like DRC or Dialog Norm, the max volume level (-6 dB) ... are more important for me.

Is easy make a little prg to set this flag in an ac3. If you think this can help anybody I can make it.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2005, 12:15   #4  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Indeed, there are more flaws of AC3Enc. DarkAvenger found and fixed a few with the help of several members of the german board (Linux is much more forgiving than Windows, and DA develops under Linux primarily).

A header patcher for surround tagging would be an easy temporary solution in the meantime, until DA may implement this functionality (but he has to fix cross-platform GUI programming problems before).