Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 18th January 2019, 05:06   #8721  |  Link
doomleox999

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
You already asked the same in the other MeGUI thread. No crossposting please.
I wasn't sure which was the right thread to ask, so just in case I did it on both.
doomleox999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2019, 07:11   #8722  |  Link
imsrk48

#bug megui adding newari language automatically on my every audio tracks how to fix this?

Last edited by imsrk48; 18th January 2019 at 07:11. Reason: Some test missing
imsrk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 16:51   #8723  |  Link
jlw_4049

Is there a 64-bit version of this?

Just wondering if there is a 64 bit version of this. I don't see a solid list of places to download it. So, was just wondering if it was unstable/or if it's faster etc.
jlw_4049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 20:20   #8724  |  Link
Zetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw_4049 View Post
Just wondering if there is a 64 bit version of this. I don't see a solid list of places to download it. So, was just wondering if it was unstable/or if it's faster etc.
See Here: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=153904
Zetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019, 11:45   #8725  |  Link
LeXXuz
21 years and counting...

HD Streams Extractor:

Is it possible to set the default value for DTS tracks from 'DTS_CORE' to 'DTS' somehow?
LeXXuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 03:42   #8726  |  Link
ZenMystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAST View Post
Is it me or Drag & Drop into MeGUI does not work in Windows 10? I remember there was such issue in Windows 7 long ago but I believe it was fixed and I never had any problem with Drag & Dropping in Windows 7.

MeGUI x86
I just re-installed Windows 7 Pro and I can no longer Drag & Drop files into MeGui. I have had this problem in the past... But Can't exactly remember how I fixed it. I thought it was a permissions issue. I went in and give full permissions and nope still not fixed it and its driving me nuts. Anyone got any ideas?

* UPDATE *

I figured it out.. It was permutations but not on the MeGui.exe like I was doing.. But do it on the folder that MeGui is in.

Just thought I'd post it in case anyone else ever has the issue. Because I know someone other than myself did as it came up when I did a search..

Last edited by ZenMystic; 24th January 2019 at 07:11.
ZenMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2019, 14:32   #8727  |  Link
nekrovski

Hi
I don't wanna sound arrogant or anything but why MeGUI (and other tools I've tried) need few minutes to extract a subtitle?
I was hoping this would be a lot faster.
My computer is fairly fast, but when I look at task manager while the process happens I barely see processor usage though the disk usage is very high.
I guess this process somehow gotta go through the hard drive?
MediaInfo says the subtitle is PGS(zglib) and when extracted I get a .sup extension.
When I open this file with Subtitle Edit to convert it to a .srt, Subtitle Edit throws me an error.

I extracted the same file with MKV Toolnix and it gets a .mks extension, which opens fine with Subtitle Edit and I can OCR it to .srt with no problems.

There's a slight diference in size of the .sup from MeGUI and the .mks from MKV Toolnix.

Last edited by nekrovski; 27th January 2019 at 14:34.
nekrovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 04:17   #8728  |  Link
tebasuna51

To extract a subtitle we need explore the full source file(s), most the time used is read the source from disk.

The PGS is stored compressed (most the times, but you can store it without compression) in mkv's (not in m2ts) then the .sup extracted by eac3to (HD Streams Extractor) is compressed (or not) and can't be read by Subtitle Edit or suprip, etc.

To extract PGS's from mkv's you can use MkvExtract (there are some GUI's for instance UsEac3to) to extract the .sup uncompressed.
With MkvToolNixGUI you extract the sup in a mkv container .mks with extra data for the container.
Old 28th January 2019, 12:25   #8729  |  Link
taz742

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyaNJ View Post
I've run into a little difficulty when using DGIndexNV. It keeps telling me that the file cannot be opened (after manually creating it via the AVS creator). It's really unusual since the file seems to be where it should be and it doesn't appear to be corrupted. Any advice on debugging what's going on here?
I've same issue since recent update and I finally find what is the cause.
Last version without this issue is MeGUI 2896 and all newer version reproduce it.

DGIndexNV executable work great but it's those modifications in MeGUI 2897 who are causing MeGUI to wrongly modify the DGI file, even if the full path is correct.
Code:
2897 [DGIndexNV Indexer]    adjusted AVS script parameters (requires DGIndexNV 2053.163+)
                            mod2 is forced for crop values (was mod4 before)
                            added a check to ensure that the full path information is written into the dgi file
This is caused when your media file's Full Path contain "an extended ASCII character" of the range 128-255 (see https://www.ascii-code.com/ for more information).

Since build 2897, MeGUI read the original DGI file using UTF-8 Encoding but DGIndexNV write it using DOS Windows-1252 and those "extended ASCII characters" are wrongly interpreted causing MeGUI thinking Full Path is wrong.

Example with "µ" character alteration:
Code:
      DGI files                          | CHAR | HEX 
Original by DGIndexNV [WINDOWS 1252]     |    µ | B5
Modified by MeGUI 2897 [UTF-8]           |    � | EF BF BD

So MeGUI re-write himself the DGI but in UTF-8 and it's this step that's really corrupt the DGI file.

So Dev, Please change the way MeGUI read and write DGI file using the proper Encoding.

BTW, why have you implemented this check "to ensure that the full path information is written into the dgi file" ?
Personally it's very convenient to use Relative path instead of Full Path because it simplify the process while you move the DGI and source files to another location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGIndexNV Manual
If the Use Full Paths option is enabled and the referenced file is moved after creation of the DGI file, you must either edit the path to be correct, or you must regenerate your DGI file.
Thanks

Last edited by taz742; 29th January 2019 at 12:38.
taz742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 13:37   #8730  |  Link
hello_hello

Zathor,
a minor annoyance (MeGUI 2905).

When the job queue is running it's possible to start a job in a temporary worker, but when a temporary worker is currently running it's not possible to start the job queue.

Cheers.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 14:20   #8731  |  Link
nekrovski

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
To extract a subtitle we need explore the full source file(s), most the time used is read the source from disk.

The PGS is stored compressed (most the times, but you can store it without compression) in mkv's (not in m2ts) then the .sup extracted by eac3to (HD Streams Extractor) is compressed (or not) and can't be read by Subtitle Edit or suprip, etc.

To extract PGS's from mkv's you can use MkvExtract (there are some GUI's for instance UsEac3to) to extract the .sup uncompressed.
With MkvToolNixGUI you extract the sup in a mkv container .mks with extra data for the container.
Thank you.
nekrovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 15:00   #8732  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Zathor,
a minor annoyance (MeGUI 2905).

When the job queue is running it's possible to start a job in a temporary worker, but when a temporary worker is currently running it's not possible to start the job queue.

Cheers.
Also, if you start the job queue, then run another job in a temporary worker, the job queue stops running after the first job.
At least it does if the job in the queue finishes before the job in the temporary worker.

It makes using a temporary worker somewhat less useful.

Thanks.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 16:52   #8733  |  Link
Weirdo

Hello everyone, this has probably been answered already but I couldn't find it.

Up until fairly recently, the AVS Script Creator/File Indexer gave me the option to demux the audio (.ac3 for example). As of late, it seems the audio is not demuxed but an extra .avs file is created for the audio, instead of the actual demuxed audio.

The problem with this is that I cannot find a way to pass it along to include in the muxed output. If I keep it in the main screen's "Audio encoding" section ("FFmpeg AC-3" in Encoder settings), it will always re-encode the audio instead of muxing the source audio. If I use AutoEncode, the .avs file is not accepted. (using MeGui 2896 x64)
Old 31st January 2019, 22:57   #8734  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXXuz View Post
HD Streams Extractor:

Is it possible to set the default value for DTS tracks from 'DTS_CORE' to 'DTS' somehow?
In the HD Streams Extractor got to Settings (upper left) and select "... default to HD option".
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 23:15   #8735  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
I know it was my idea originally, but is there a reason why you stayed with locking the input fps when opening an IFO file, or locking the output fps when opening a preview?
The idea behind was that if the FPS information available it should be correct. However based on your mentioned use case it may not... I assume I have to remove that lock.

The other points you mentioned regarding the Queue I do have to check.
Old 31st January 2019, 23:19   #8736  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
Up until fairly recently, the AVS Script Creator/File Indexer gave me the option to demux the audio (.ac3 for example). As of late, it seems the audio is not demuxed but an extra .avs file is created for the audio, instead of the actual demuxed audio.
Please provide more information (e.g. a log)
Old 31st January 2019, 23:21   #8737  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz742 View Post
Since build 2897, MeGUI read the original DGI file using UTF-8 Encoding but DGIndexNV write it using DOS Windows-1252 and those "extended ASCII characters" are wrongly interpreted causing MeGUI thinking Full Path is wrong.
Problem is as I have just noticed that DGIndexNV writes the file as UTF if no extended ASCII characters are used and as ANSI when your character is used. As it is not so simple to detect the original encoding I do not know currently what to do.
Old 31st January 2019, 23:25   #8738  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

If there is anything I can do within DGDecNV to help please let me know.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 13:52   #8739  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
I'm using last DGDecNV from MeGUI 2053(20181210).

There are a bug in resize?

The dg1 created with:
DgSource("Input 1920x804.dgi", rw=1280, rh=536)

The sp1 created with:
DgSource("Input 1920x804.dgi")
Spline36Resize(1280,536)

The bottom 8 rows in dg1 are duplicated and the 528 upper rows are compressed.
Attached Images

Old 1st February 2019, 14:46   #8740  |  Link
taz742

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
Just can you tell us which encoding is really used by DGDecNV to save DGI file?
Because personally I think it's always ANSI but Zathor found some UTF case...
Is it possible that 2 different encoding being used by DGDecNV ?
taz742 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
megui