Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 30th September 2003, 09:17   #1  |  Link
Lkr`

Incorporating authored files to original dvd

At the end of the " DVD-9 to DVD-5 "Full Copy" Instructions " tutorial
http://doom9.free.fr/mpg/maestro2.htm

It says :

" Now is the time for the real magic! The ability to incorporate your new files back into the original DVD structure so it will be just like the original with menus and all! The first thing we want to do, in this example, is rename our authored VOB files to VTS_02 instead of VTS_01. They are going to replace the VTS_02 files in the original. DO NOT copy over the authored IFO file! DO NOT copy over the VTS_01_0.VOB file! Remove all of the original VOB files (You MUST leave the IFO file and the VTS_02_0.VOB files!) and copy over the new ones in their place. "

I don't understand this at all, I looked other posts for checking if there was an answer to my question but I must be too dumbass for finding one so if you could help me explaining this. thks
Lkr` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2003, 10:29   #2  |  Link
coona

Hi Lkr`

this is prety easy .

You have newly authored VOB files:

VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.VOB - with Maestro (Scenarist doesnīt make this file)
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_xx.VOB

You can delete VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.BUP and VTS_01_0.VOB because they are useless for you in this case. Than simply rename your new VOBs so they will match your original VOBs ripped from original DVD (e.g. VTS_02_1.VOB, VTS_02_2.VOB etc.). Once you have renamed your newly authored VOBs replace your original ripped VOBs with these newly authored/renamed. Done?? Well. Now you have to run Ifoupdate, select path to your original and to your newly authored IFOs and hit update button.

The point is in replacing "data" files (VOBs) only and not in "info" (IFOs) and "backup" (BUPs) files.

Feel free to aks again if you donīt understand something .
coona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2003, 13:24   #3  |  Link
Lkr`

Success!
Thks man
Old 30th September 2003, 16:25   #4  |  Link
Lkr`

Ok new problem, in the same tutorial, after pulling down the mpv file, when I try to import it in DVDMaestro it says " Illegal picture resolution ". But when I encode with CCE directly to a m2v file, it works and I can reincorporate it in the original DVD but this time, the subtitles are not in relation with the sound.. Using SubRip still in the same tutorial.
Old 2nd October 2003, 09:43   #5  |  Link
coona

Itīs strange. Pulldown doesnīt change the resolution, it affects only frame rate?? So your m2v file from CCE is accpeted with no error messages in DVDMaestro, right? And when you apply pulldown you get error about wrong resolution.

What are the real resolutions of your "CCE" m2v and "pulldowned" m2v?
Are they the same?

Iīm from PAL country (thanx God for that ) so I do not use pulldown.exe.
Old 2nd October 2003, 10:11   #6  |  Link
Lkr`

thks for your replys, I solved the problem with the pulldown.
The tutorial said that I if I didn't pulldown the subtitles wouldnt be sync, I ripped the subtitles in another way so they are synched using the original m2v file without pulldown.
But I now have one more NEW PROBLEM =)

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62591

here it is :|
Old 2nd October 2003, 10:37   #7  |  Link
coona

It is probably not so easy. Iīm not an expert in NTSC authoring but I guess that no authoring tool can work with 23.997 fps instead of 29.997.

This is what I have found:

Quote:
wrote by odysseus:

I want to say that no authoring prog will accept a video stream at 23.976fps. All of them want video at 29.97fps. Of course u will pulldown the video to reach the appropriate framerate.

Upon authoring check that both video, audio and subs have the dropframe flag set in Scenarsit otherwise u will expierience sync issues.
Maybe itīs the problem with quality .