Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 4th March 2021, 09:42   #1  |  Link
carbonex88

How to record network streams?

Hi,

I'm trying to record some network streams using VLC Player. Basically, I will load the network stream URL into VLC, once VLC starts playing, I will hit the record button.

As the streams are HEVC 4K in nature, VLC Player will hang after playing a few seconds of the video stream. Audio continues to play in the background whilst video is frozen. Recording continues to work in the background till i stop the recording. The recorded transport stream .ts file works well.

Main issue is that it is difficult to record without being able to know when to end the recording. My system is fairly powerful, with 3900X and 64GB RAM, so i don't think its a system performance issue. Online forums also indicate that other users experience similar issues.

Are there any other freeware stream recorders there is both able to playback HEVC 4k network streams and record it concurrently into a transport stream container?

Would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any ideas?

== Update ==

I managed to find another player that was able to record the HEVC 4k transport streams and view them concurrently. Potplayer seems to do a better job than VLC in this aspect.

Any good freeware for editing TS (e.g. removing commercials etc)?

Last edited by carbonex88; 4th March 2021 at 14:42.
carbonex88 is offline   Reply With Quote