Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 11th November 2012, 12:42   #881  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I did it. In the meantime, I will add an "hidden option" in the config file, to specify the extension to use when decoding a TrueHD stream. It will be by default ".ac3", but you can change it to ".thd" or ".thd+ac3" if you wish, at your own risk, of course. (To enable TrueHD decoding, you will have to manually edit the config file, and restart the program.)

Note that when the "Keep only the core of DTS-HD audio tracks" option is enabled in tab 2, the TrueHD extension will be forced to ".ac3" anyway, so you can still somewhat control how the TrueHD streams must be processed with the GUI.

[EDIT] Note that the new option will be present at the end of the config file ONLY when the file is saved (either when BD3D2MK3D is used for the first time, or when the options are explicitly saved). So, before trying to edit the config file, change an option in the Options menu, or select "Save settings now". Also, modify ONLY the ::config(TrueHD_ext) option, as editing other options can lead to crashes (and it's useless anyway)!

Last edited by r0lZ; 11th November 2012 at 13:19.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 12:56   #882  |  Link
MaistroX

Hi!

Can one ask to have a batch mode in the convert subtitle to 3D?
A bit time consuming to go one by one, I often have more than 10 subtitles to go over and have to sit and wait for each and ever one to be done before trasforming another.
Please!?

Regards MaistroX

Regards MaistroX
MaistroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 13:02   #883  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

That should be possible, yes. But I will not do it right now, as I need to release v0.12 rapidly (as it fixes some important bugs), and I haven't enough time to modify the less used tools. I put it on my TODO list...

In the meantime, you can already convert all subtitles from a BD title by selecting them in tab 2 and processing the BD normally. You don't need to demux any audio stream or encode the video, of course.

BTW, is it OK to consider that ALL original subtitle files are in the same folder, and to save all converted files in a single folder (equal or different than the original one)? " 3D" will be appended to the file name anyway.

Last edited by r0lZ; 11th November 2012 at 13:10.
Old 11th November 2012, 13:20   #884  |  Link
MaistroX

Yes you can!

Another TODO:
In the 2 Tab, allso have a "Select All" since in default only 1 audio and 1 Subtilte are selected. Say I want to keep all Exept 3, if a "Select All" button is present one can uncheck the few ones not needed instead of goinf trou a Long list and mark!
Possible?

Regards MaistroX
Old 11th November 2012, 13:34   #885  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I will see if it's possible. Probably yes.

[EDIT] Done. I've added a "Select All/None" button in tab 2. (If all streams are already selected, clicking it again deselects all.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 11th November 2012 at 14:01.
Old 11th November 2012, 13:39   #886  |  Link
MaistroX

Another TODO maby...

For me and I asume alot of other ppl. a batch mode/Que, extracting hole selected BD's to disc in a Q mode (video to encode included), and push "Add to Que".
So one dont have to have each BD mounted and encoded on by one!

Regards MaistroX
Old 11th November 2012, 13:47   #887  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Currently, that's very difficult to do without changing a lot of things. So, sorry, but I'll not doing that. Maybe later...
Old 11th November 2012, 17:03   #888  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eseninzhiv View Post
I tried two ways:

1. open BD 3D - tools - join SSIF - open space on the local disk, choose a different local drive, click on Save - APPCRASH http://i.imgur.com/4OPOe.png

2. If immediately go to section 5, select the output folder, change, - tools - join SSIF - click on Save - Everything works fine http://i.imgur.com/PgQ6z.png
I had a hard time to figure out the problem. In fact, it's not a bug in my code, but in FreeWrap. FreeWrap is used to put all pieces of the app in one exe file, so you don't have to install Tcl/Tk. FreeWrap v6.4.2.5 is currently the latest official stable release, and I have used it until now. With that version, the function I use to open the File dialog (to open or save a file) crashes when the user selects another drive than the drive of the current directory of the app AND when a default input or output file name is provided.

Unfortunately, I can fix that bug only if I use FreeWrap v6.5 beta1. I am already sure that FreeWrap v6.5 beta has other problems, but as far as I know, they are minor. (For example, you will notice strange scrollbars, but they work.)

I will wrap the next version with FreeWrap v6.5 b1. If someone reports another crash, I will need to revert to v6.4.2.5, or to a previous version. Please let me know if the app works correctly.
Old 11th November 2012, 20:05   #889  |  Link
MaistroX

@r0lZ

Dont know if this is a new or an old fault, but second pass stopped (first one seemed to work).

Check here -> http://www.mediafire.com/?4rzjnvhwsoencad

Regards MaistroX
Old 11th November 2012, 20:17   #890  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

In Consol.txt, I see 2 times the same Avisynth error: Access Violation. So, I suppose that the two passes failed. Anyway, if the first pass works, the s2cond pass shoud also work fine.

Also, in the AVS script, I notice a strange syntax. Only part 1 is encoded. Have you edited the script?
Old 11th November 2012, 20:31   #891  |  Link
MaistroX

Have'nt done anything but hitting "Do it!"

Regards MaistroX
Old 11th November 2012, 21:43   #892  |  Link
Neisklar

For the multi SSIF problem i have some sort of inefficent workaround:

Get the updated DirectShowMVCSource Plugin: http://www.share-online.biz/download.php?id=I3CQBCDMI5
The Plugin is now capable of opening .m2ts (or other MPEG Transportstreams) files, with an single combined MVC stream.
BUT: when using such a file, the STF will NOT work (even the StereoPlayer won't play it), so you need to do it this way for example:
Code:
LoadPlugin ("DirectShowMVCSource.dll")
left = DirectShowMVCSource("combined.m2ts", decodeleft=true)
right = DirectShowMVCSource("combined.m2ts")

video = StackHorizontal(left, right).BilinearResize(1920, 1080)

return video
I will give slavanap the information needed, so he can update his ssifSource2, which is then more efficent cause it only decodes once.

To create an combined bitstream:

* extract left and right with eac3to from .mpls
* use that little quick and dirtty tool to create an combined bitstream: http://www.share-online.biz/download.php?id=WHDSBCDMBCK
* use tsMuxer or equivalent to create a .m2ts file.

(Note that combined raw bitstream can also be fed to the sample_decode.exe from the Intel Media SDK)
Neisklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 23:44   #893  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry, but I don't understand the interest. The old DirectShowMVCSource can already open a SSIF file, that IS a combined AVC+MVC file. So, joining several SSIF files without demuxing them first should work. So, what's the benefit in creating a m2ts? Am I missing something?
Old 12th November 2012, 00:10   #894  |  Link
Neisklar

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Sorry, but I don't understand the interest. The old DirectShowMVCSource can already open a SSIF file, that IS a combined AVC+MVC file. So, joining several SSIF files without demuxing them first should work. So, what's the benefit in creating a m2ts? Am I missing something?
A SSIF file is a combination/mix of two MPEG-TransportStreams where every TS at least contains a Video Stream, one Base AVC and one Subset-MVC.

MPLS defines (multiple) start and stop points in one or more TS, so to get the correct result you need to get the streams by MPLS, not just binary concatenate the TS
(i think thats why we have that extra frame problem, and/or the audio problems.)

So eac3to is able to correctly extract the two raw streams. We don't have a tool to open the raw streams directly, and no tool which can remux the raw MVC-Subset stream in an container. So the little tool creates an combined MVC Stream (That is one stream inclusing both base and mvc view), which can be muxed with tsMuxer, and opened with MPEGSPlitter.dll

Last edited by Neisklar; 12th November 2012 at 08:52.
Neisklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 00:34   #895  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, nice explanation. BUT, IMO, it's too much work and a too long process to be a practical solution.

BTW, I'm currently testing the problem of the duplicate frames. I think now that the number of frames reported by all tools is correct (except eac3to that reports one frame less). For whatever reason, when I encode a single SSIF from a multi-angle MPLS, the final MKV file has one or two additional frames (dupes of the last frames). The same thing happens with DirectShowMVCSource, ssifSource2 and even DirectShowSource (on a single M2TS). But I can't see that frames when I encode the same SSIF followed by another one (with the avisynth syntax "clip1 + clip2"). Therefore, I think now that the dupe problem is not important, as there are only additional frames at the very end of the video. Not a big deal.

When decoding a "large SSIF" file produced with copy /b 1.ssif+2.ssif (or with my Join tool), but without remux, some very strange things are happening. Some frame are missing in the middle of the SSIF, but in one view only, and that causes a shift in the left/right synchro! IMO, currently, it's the worst method, probably due to the multiple start points, as you ave explained above.

I must now test your new method, but I spend too much time on that project, and I have to do other things. Not sure I'll do it soon, especially if I can't use that method in my GUI. Thanks anyway!
Old 12th November 2012, 02:29   #896  |  Link
Eseninzhiv

did a little test
combined raw bitstream opened in graphstudio
http://i.imgur.com/R4cae.jpg
Eseninzhiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 06:45   #897  |  Link
frencher
French Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neisklar View Post

Get the updated DirectShowMVCSource Plugin: http://www.share-online.biz/download.php?id=I3CQBCDMI5
The Plugin is now capable of opening .m2ts (or other MPEG Transportstreams) files, with an single combined MVC stream.
BUT: when using such a file, the STF will NOT work (even the StereoPlayer won't play it), so you need to do it this way for example:
Code:

return video
I will give slavanap the information needed, so he can update his ssifSource2, which is then more efficent cause it only decodes once.

* use that little quick and dirtty tool to create an combined bitstream: http://www.share-online.biz/download.php?id=WHDSBCDMBCK

(Note that combined raw bitstream can also be fed to the sample_decode.exe from the Intel Media SDK)
For Good news it's very very good news nice nice nice
Remux stereo to one AVC+MVC stream "combined.h264"

I suggest
- Possible to use "CombineMVC.exe" in cmd
- Add Export to mts, m2ts, ts, mkv, mp4, avi
- Complile to "CombineMVC_x64.exe"
- Increase speed optimization if not include (mmx,sse,3D Now, etc...)
- Remaining time

PS: Very Very good news, thank you for your work

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.

Last edited by frencher; 12th November 2012 at 09:30.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 08:37   #898  |  Link
Nico8583

Quote:

Code:

return video

Hi,
Does this tool no longer need to convert h264 to raw avi when Cinevision or other soft is used to encode ?
Thanks.
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 08:41   #899  |  Link
Wolfy59

Quote:

Code:

return video

Great thanks for all the work you do
Wolfy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 08:43   #900  |  Link
frencher
French Love

Yes
I waited a long time this software and gods have heard

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote