Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 12th November 2018, 13:14   #23121  |  Link
Grimsdyke

Hi Nev, I was wondering if it would help 'weaker' hardware to add to 'queue settings' maybe also 'minimum values' ?? Kind of a first buffer before the renderer kicks in ??
Grimsdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 18:49   #23122  |  Link
huhn

buffers like this can be shared between decoder and the renderer and a high buffer may even break decoding (nev already limited buffer sizes for known cases like this.).

if you want a bigger buffer for weak hardware both EVR CP and madVR support custom buffer sizes.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 20:55   #23123  |  Link
tasosss

Hello.
I'm facing the following problem.
I'm using umedia server and its player (http://www.umediaserver.net/umediaserver/download.html)
When i use lav filters with no hard acceleration (just avcodec) and i move the player's window from one monitor to another
the image becomes black.
Moreover after watching for a few minutes(without moving between monitors) then suddenly it also freezes.
The former doesn't always happen.It may happen after 2-3 minutes or 10-20 or never.

When using hardware acceleration(cuvid) then the image is working fine(i can move the window between monitors) but audio is lost...
Using ffdshow or even using the windows' implementation(no external filters) i have no problems.

I was looking to find a solution for a few months now and i couln't believe that it was due to this.
Any ideas please?

BTW thanks for your work nevcairiel.

Thanks!
tasosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2018, 04:35   #23124  |  Link
VictorLS

Btw Aleksoid1978 (big THANKS) did special version of MPC Video Decoder with skip non Intra (and standard standalone version with skip B-) frames option is in ffmpeg so SAT-amateurs don't need to use MainConcept HEVC Video Decoder for non-accelerated h265 4K and 8K streams to watch slideshow http://smartdvb.net/bb/posting.php?m...it&f=13&p=6596

Last edited by VictorLS; 18th November 2018 at 04:38.
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2018, 18:27   #23125  |  Link
Grimsdyke

@Nev. I have the following problem.
MPC-BE (4176) + LAV (73.1) with Splitter and Splitter Source prefered trying to play AVI => BE hangs !
- Set 'Splitter source' to blocked => AVI plays but no sound !!
- BE all internal plays the files just fine.

And do I really have to install both Splitter and 'Splitter Source" ? What's the difference between these two ?
Old 19th November 2018, 09:11   #23126  |  Link
mogli

LAV Splitter vs LAV Splitter Source

Hm, do we need to add File Source (Async) for MPC-BE, too?
mogli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 20:05   #23127  |  Link
justnobody

bug

I have to report a bug in LAV Video

if we enable avs script in video player, like Potplayer, with LAV Video, avs script won't work, player saying you are using DXVA, how could that possible, I've always set DXVA to none in LAV Video
I've tested the filters one by one, found out that the problem is LAV Video, switch to other video decoders it works again

please fix, thanks

@nevcairiel
justnobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 00:14   #23128  |  Link
Antonio

Hi, and firstly, thank you very much for the job done with Lav Filters, that I appreciate using with mpc-hc.
I just tried the new dav1d decoder with latest SIMD optimisations included, through a recent mpv build, and the performance is astonishing. 4K samples that could not be played in a good way even with an hexacore are now handled very smoothly with little CPU occupation. I wonder if it would be possible to integrate this code in a future version of lav filters (as ffmpeg does) in order to benefit from this work. It seems to be in a compatible open source license, so I suppose that it would be allowed, but I guess it would need some work, so maybe if you happen to get some spare time some day...
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 21:09   #23129  |  Link
max79

Support request - #32

Is it possible to somehow supply the user agent in LAV Splitter Source ? I'm noticed that i can connect to this radio stream only if run it like this:
ffmpeg -user_agent Mozilla -i http://95.188.107.89:8008/LR_Russian.mp3

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by max79; 29th November 2018 at 14:02.
max79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 22:23   #23130  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
Hi, and firstly, thank you very much for the job done with Lav Filters, that I appreciate using with mpc-hc.
I just tried the new dav1d decoder with latest SIMD optimisations included, through a recent mpv build, and the performance is astonishing. 4K samples that could not be played in a good way even with an hexacore are now handled very smoothly with little CPU occupation. I wonder if it would be possible to integrate this code in a future version of lav filters (as ffmpeg does) in order to benefit from this work. It seems to be in a compatible open source license, so I suppose that it would be allowed, but I guess it would need some work, so maybe if you happen to get some spare time some day...
LAV author has already said he will likely include dav1d in the future (unless some other free decoder ends up being faster which is unlikely). I bet dav1d will be in LAV filters long before you (or me) use AV1 for anything other than samples. There is no need to rush.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 05:18   #23131  |  Link
Sunspark

I'm noticing something strange, if I connect my Android tablet to the PC using MTP and view the directory of files, LAV will place multiple copies of its icon in the systray.

I am not opening or playing files, yet something is being triggered.

When I hover the mouse over the LAV icons, they will all disappear one by one.

Image of systray

Last edited by Sunspark; 6th December 2018 at 05:20.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 09:11   #23132  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Something in the background is using LAV to look at the media files apparently. And its not closing down the filter graph properly so that LAV doesn't get a chance to fully remove its systray icon again.
Old 6th December 2018, 17:49   #23133  |  Link
clsid

Use for example ProcessExplorer to see which process (.exe) is loading LAV. Then it could be added to the trayicon blacklist.

MTP is really annoying. It checks if the files are compatible with formats supported by your device.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 15:34   #23134  |  Link
Grimsdyke

@ nev. Would it maybe an idea to add (basic) profile ability ??
I am asking because on my system I can use DXVA2-copyback on everything up to 1080p but unfortunately I do need D3D11-native for UHD !!
Old 7th December 2018, 16:09   #23135  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

There are no plans for profiles.
Old 8th December 2018, 06:45   #23136  |  Link
ryrynz

Perhaps the ability to specify a hardware decoder for each of the three resolution types SD, HD, 4K?
Some might even find it useful to select a different hardware device for each resolution type also.
A lot less involved than profiles.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 01:41   #23137  |  Link
dbezerra

Atmos drop outs

Nev, I have noticed issues with Atmos drop outs on the Incredibles 2 disk and others are reporting the same on different threads such as

https://club.myce.com/t/atmos-audio-...0/106?u=careca
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/ind...html#msg818879

One of the users posted a log file in the JRiver thread. Is this something you are aware of? Do you need a sample MKV?

Thanks
dbezerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 01:52   #23138  |  Link
SamuriHL

I posted about the same thing but did not get a response.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...28#post1857328
Old 12th December 2018, 02:00   #23139  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbezerra View Post
Nev, I have noticed issues with Atmos drop outs on the Incredibles 2 disk and others are reporting the same on different threads such as

https://club.myce.com/t/atmos-audio-...0/106?u=careca
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/ind...html#msg818879

One of the users posted a log file in the JRiver thread. Is this something you are aware of? Do you need a sample MKV?

Thanks
Can you split problem's .m2ts file and upload short(100-500mb) sample ??
Old 12th December 2018, 11:22   #23140  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I can probably look at that soon, but if its even happening in decoding, its likely the disc is fubared.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter