Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 19th January 2021, 19:55   #3361  |  Link
oopsie

That worked great.

Thanks manolito!
oopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2021, 09:36   #3362  |  Link
manolito

Glad I could help...

Using VDub instead of the internal player has another big advantage if you want to edit out commervials from your source video. The internal player only lets you cut off a chunk at the start and another chunk at the end of the clip. With VDub you can edit out an unlimited number of segments and then save the edit points in a VCF file.

Once you have this VCF file you can use a tool called VCF2AVS which converts the edit commands in the VCF to Trim commands for AviSynth. Paste these Trim commands to the end of your AVStoDVD AVS script, and all edited out commercials will be gone without any audio sync problems. Get the latest VCF2AVS from this post:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...24#post1328024

Last edited by manolito; 20th January 2021 at 09:43.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2021, 19:07   #3363  |  Link
thescrapyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsie View Post
Issues with video preview when creating menus

Not sure my previous post went through...

Trying AVS2DVD with Windows 10.

If I preview a video during menu creation using the builtin player, I get no video. The numbers increment but the screen is blank.

If this can't be fixed, please suggest an external video player that can show frame numbers during play.

Regards

Try MPC. I used MPC portable as I have this annoying minor issue with Windows 10 as well or stop the preview and start it again then it works

It runs from where you put the folder, just tell AVStoDVD to use the external player

https://portableapps.com/apps/music_...pc-be-portable

Let it auto-extract the folder to where the file was downloaded, then simply copy/move that folder to where youw ish. I have it in the AVStoDVD folder as I use the portable release of AVStoDVD
thescrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2021, 20:59   #3364  |  Link
davexnet

Hi manolito - still working A2D?

There is a strange problem I'm looking at on videohelp, on certain cases of the input file containing (apparent)
compliant streams. There is an issue during the demux, the only clue, a line missing from the log that should be there
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...35#post2638162
Once this occurs the chapter points are not picked up.

If you save the m2v and ac3 from these "bad" files and give them to A2D as the source everything works.

I was wondering if you'd seen it before or if you had any thoughts --
regards,
Dave

EDIT manolito, I just read your recent posting, wishing you all the best for the future

Last edited by davexnet; 26th November 2021 at 01:17.
davexnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2021, 05:57   #3365  |  Link
manolito

Hi davexnet,

good to hear from you after a long time. Unfortunately I can no longer give any advice concerning computer software at all, those times seem to be over. I do not even understand the stuff I wrote myself just six months ago. See here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...17#post1958117

I noticed that over at VideoHelp you are doing a great job providing support for A2D, please keep it up. This is a great software, it does not deserve to die just yet...

Take care
Manolito

Last edited by manolito; 28th November 2021 at 05:38.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2021, 22:01   #3366  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Hey Manolito! It is shocking to read about the troubles in your life. You have spent dedication and energy to help and assist an incredible number of people all around. We all consider you more than a friend. So, coraggio! And don't be worried about the cryptic of the code written by yourself some time ago... Give time to yourself to recover, we are sure your attitude, which is lovely, has not changed after the accident happened to you... Take care about you!
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2021, 02:23   #3367  |  Link
davexnet

Hi manolito,
thanks for the kind words, not so many issues come up with A2D these days, but I try to answer them
and help out when I can. On a personsal note I wanted to say I really enjoyed the energetic back and forth
of working with you in that thread. Good times! Your life has changed and you have some new
challenges now. I wish you all the best and success moving forward.
Dave
davexnet is offline   Reply With Quote