Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 18th May 2003, 03:53   #1  |  Link
Enchanter

"Avisynth 2.5 + VD File Information" Query

I just started experimenting with Avisynth 2.5 and found some puzzling things.

I created a test Avisynth script and opened it in VDMod/nandub. The script opens alright (displays properly), but upon checking the File Information, it was reported that the script was using DivX 5 as the decompressor. Upon uninstalling the codec and trying the same thing again, the report now said that the XviD codec was being used as the decompressor. This did not happen back when I was using Avisynth 2.0x. I wonder whether this would pose a problem somewhere along the conversion to AVI and if there are ways to avoid using these decompressors for opening Avisynth scripts. Thanks!
Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2003, 04:46   #2  |  Link

That is the whole point of Avisynth 2.5!

When you see DivX or XviD as the decompressor, it just means that they are being used to decode the YV12 format. That is not a bad thing and you have nothing to worry about. If you prefer to deliver YUY2 to VirtualDubMod, then use the mpeg2dec.dll instead of mpeg2dec3.dll, or convert to YUY2.

Read the sticky YV12 FAQ in this forum for a detailed explanation of what you are seeing.

What was your test script?
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote