Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th November 2011, 12:25   #10721  |  Link
namaiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Curious, it says "VideoProcessBlt failed (8007000e)", and thats the HRESULT for Out of Memory. How much memory did you allocate your IGP?
It's automatically allocated by the driver or something else. dxdiag reports a ridiculous 1760MB.
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 12:26   #10722  |  Link
Mixer73

I've just tried to use madVR with PotPlayer and LAVFilters, and its doing the strangest thing... Win7 64bit, 32bit apps, Nvidia GTX260 card...

PotP with LAV and EVR CP works nice, but if I select madVR as renderer I just get audio and no decoder is loaded. All colourspaces seem to be ticked in LAV, and I tried some other settings in there... What am I missing?
Mixer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 12:43   #10723  |  Link
whitestar999

@namaiki,i tried the same video in a smaller window with no frame drops & continuous frame drops in full screen on 1080p screen.in both cases avg gpu usage was ~65% with max at 74%.is this because of 256mb card ram then?
whitestar999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 12:49   #10724  |  Link
namaiki

Are there frame drops if the media player window is maximized, but madvr is not in full screen?
Old 7th November 2011, 12:54   #10725  |  Link
whitestar999

by full screen i meant playback & not exclusive mode.though even in windowed mode with media player window maximized frame drop problem is still there.in fact my gpu usage touched 80% in this case while in full screen using windowed mode gpu-z log show max usage ~75%.
Old 7th November 2011, 12:59   #10726  |  Link
namaiki

Did you already check that GPU clocks are at stock speed and not still in low power mode? Otherwise I think you might need to change resizing algorithm that madVR is using. Which of those are you currently using?

It seems that the Mobility Radeon 4570 is quite a bit weaker than the 9600M GT. Maybe it's simply not powerful enough? :/
Old 7th November 2011, 13:00   #10727  |  Link
diizzy

FWIW, mine reports 1696Mb and GPU-Z reports about 380Mb of memory usage running madVR and a 1080p clip.
The driver itself seems to do allocating nowdays just as namaiki reported.

@ namaiki and whitestar999

A friend of mine told me that he got very choppy playback using madVR (1080p clip) on a C2D E5***-series and a Radeon 4770 which I honestly find odd since my Intel HD Graphics is much slower.
Haven't been able to have a look at it myself though.

//Danne

Last edited by diizzy; 7th November 2011 at 13:06.
diizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 13:21   #10728  |  Link
Tummen

I also had issues when playing back on my new 1080p projector. Using JRMC, video was unwatchable on the projector (HDMI), but played well on my 1360x768 LCD screen (connected through VGA). Tried both 24 and 60Hz on the projector. Stuttered even when video was in a window, on both 720p and 1080p files. Then I went into the MadVR settings and enabled decoding, stuttering gone and perfectly smooth playback, even with 3840x1080p side-by-side files

Could not get smooth playback with other renderers (although somewhat watchable but irritating), probably because if I select 23Hz in CCC, it switches back to 24Hz.

Using Intel Core2Duo E6300@2.6GHz and HIS Radeon HD6850 1GB video card.

Question: Will DXVA ever work with MadVR? Saw it was asked a while ago, but couldn't find an answer...
Tummen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 14:11   #10729  |  Link
whitestar999

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
Did you already check that GPU clocks are at stock speed and not still in low power mode? Otherwise I think you might need to change resizing algorithm that madVR is using. Which of those are you currently using?

It seems that the Mobility Radeon 4570 is quite a bit weaker than the 9600M GT. Maybe it's simply not powerful enough? :/
yes gpu clocks are at stock speeds.as for resize algorithm why it should even have any effect when source video as well as screen resolution are same i don't understand.right now i use lanzcos 3 taps for upsampling & bicubic for downsampling.since gpu load does not cross 75% i don't think resizing is the reason.i found this on notebookcheck:
Quote:
A speciality of the Radeon HD 4570 is the possibility to use ordinary DDR2 and DDR3 graphic memory (as a cheaper alternative to GDDR3). However, cards that use that kind of memory will be slower than others equipped with GDDR RAM.
i think this may be the reason but still it never came to my mind that graphics card memory plays such an important role even when playing 1080p video on a 1080p screen.i am still not sure about this.

edit:forgot to mention it before but when playing video in a small window using madvr windowed mode the backbuffer & render queue are full as they should be.

Last edited by whitestar999; 7th November 2011 at 14:15.
Old 7th November 2011, 14:21   #10730  |  Link
StrifeLeonhart

Hi madshi,

I report this bug (if its a bug that is) that when i use madVR and try to pause anime with mouse click in MPC-HC the subtitles dont seem to pause somtimes,
but when i press on Backspace to pause it does pause the subtitles.

Last edited by StrifeLeonhart; 7th November 2011 at 17:48.
StrifeLeonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 15:37   #10731  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Haha. You seem to have missed that left clicking shows a different context menu than right clicking...
Interesting. Any reason it's this way? I find left clicking to be highly unintuitive compared to right clicking and I would greatly prefer right clicking.
Old 7th November 2011, 18:18   #10732  |  Link
mr.duck
quack quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
The ESVP option is not done at runtime, afaik, its only decided based on your GPU which algorithms are active - not if it actually manages to do it, just if a developer thought it would.
This part is true. It depends on video resolution and takes into account any 'enhancements' that are activated too.

I didn't know EVR could downgrade image quality. First I've heard about it.
Old 7th November 2011, 18:21   #10733  |  Link
jdl

What's the current recommendation for video playback hardware with MadVR? I currently have an ATI 5450 and older Intel 6600 dual core CPU, this is good enough for the majority of material (mainly HD), only the highest bitrate stuff causes some drops. I'm looking to build a 2nd HTPC for another display and thinking of re-using the 5450 there and upgrading the main HTPC in the theater room. Seems like both ATI and nVidia have pluses and minuses (as always). Are any of the new integrated Intel graphics worthy of consideration? Running Win7, and mostly HD material, not even sure MadVR is really needed, but I do like to go for the best solution even if it's not something I can really notice. :-) Thanks for any advice.
jdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 18:48   #10734  |  Link
whitestar999

forget intel if you are looking for best quality.between nvidia & ati,ati has more out of the box compatibilty.nvidia right now suffers from the mismatch in refresh rate desired & actually achieved & that is why if you intend to use nvidia learning about creating custom resolution is must.right now though nvidia has a slight edge when it comes to interlaced material but from v0.78 madeshi has introduced DXVA(not the video acceleration)based deinterlacing which can be used with ati cards too.i am hoping that with next 2-3 versions after most of the deinterlacing issues sorted out ati cards will be as good as nvidia now.

btw intel cpu's including sandybridges are the worst when it comes to achieving exact refresh rate.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/t...-2100-tested/7

Last edited by whitestar999; 7th November 2011 at 18:58.
Old 7th November 2011, 19:47   #10735  |  Link
cremor

Quote:
Weird. Can anybody reproduce this (disappearing subtitles when pausing playback) problem?
I just managed to reproduce the disappearing subtitles multiple times, sadly I only tested windowed mode there.

After restarting the player to also test fullscreen exclusive mode I couldn't reproduce it any more (neither windowed nor exclusive). The only thing I could think of that was different the first time is that Reclock was still doing its measurements (red/green switching icon). But why should Reclock cause the subtitles to disappear? Maybe the bug happens just extremly random.

Although I found one thing: The subtitles disappear in fullscreen exclusive mode as soon as the seek bar is shown. But I assume this is by design like with shown stats?

Software: MPC-HC 1.5.2.3456, LAV Splitter/Video/Audio 0.38, madVR 0.78, Reclock 1.8.7.7. No other things in the filter menu.

PS: Will deliver my promised deinterlacing findings tomorrow. Couldn't find time for testing today. But they are all done with the files from here, do these work for you?
cremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 20:37   #10736  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestar999 View Post
between nvidia & ati,ati has more out of the box compatibilty.nvidia right now suffers from the mismatch in refresh rate desired & actually achieved & that is why if you intend to use nvidia learning about creating custom resolution is must.[/url]
This is not true, it's not a "must" and hasn't been for a long time now. You can easily decode and use ReClock. If anything, custom resolutions can complicate things or even mess things up (IIRC there was a full/limited issue) if you don't know exactly what you're doing.
Old 7th November 2011, 20:57   #10737  |  Link
fairchild

Thanks for the new version and working DXVA2 deinterlacing on my ATI card with MadVR ftw! I have a quick question, is it ok to set the following options as enabled in the Video Settings for ATI cards: Use automatic deinterlacing and Pulldown detection

Are those 2 settings ok to use and have the best deinterlacing possible or should I set it manually to Vector Adaptive and/or disable Pulldown detection?

Thanks again madshi!
Old 7th November 2011, 21:13   #10738  |  Link
Hypernova

Quote:
Weird. Can anybody reproduce this (disappearing subtitles when pausing playback) problem?
I can reproduce this problem. In my testing, subtitle will disappear in a short time when paused for the first time since seeking. Next pauses will be fine.
Old 7th November 2011, 21:42   #10739  |  Link
whitestar999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
This is not true, it's not a "must" and hasn't been for a long time now. You can easily decode and use ReClock. If anything, custom resolutions can complicate things or even mess things up (IIRC there was a full/limited issue) if you don't know exactly what you're doing.
if this is true then it seems that i am reading a lot of things wrong these days but anyway i would still wait for an expert like nevcairiel to confirm this.
Old 7th November 2011, 21:47   #10740  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

reclock can fix slight refresh rate mismatches quite easily. You only have to give up bitstreaming.

Its of course still better to get as close as you can get.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling