Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 16th October 2006, 18:26   #121  |  Link
mrdutchie

For some reason, I can't get it to save to
AVI anymore... it either creates MP4 or MKV files (container names)
even though I said it to use Xvid.

What am I missing here?

Seems I am having that with megui too... maybe I am getting to old for this, but I want AVI (Xvid)
Old 16th October 2006, 18:58   #122  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

AutoMKV is able to mux audio and video streams to within either the .MP4 or .MKV containers.... As far as I know it's never provided the option to mux audio and video streams to within the .AVI container!
Old 16th October 2006, 21:20   #123  |  Link
mrdutchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
AutoMKV is able to mux audio and video streams to within either the .MP4 or .MKV containers.... As far as I know it's never provided the option to mux audio and video streams to within the .AVI container!
in the previous beta, or the last final version
you have 4 checkboxes you can set for the Container and output.
there is AVI available.

problem is and with the latest one i am having is that it crashes in a loop, that it cannot find the autosomething.bat
file
Old 16th October 2006, 21:40   #124  |  Link
agressiv
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdutchie View Post
in the previous beta, or the last final version
you have 4 checkboxes you can set for the Container and output.
there is AVI available.

problem is and with the latest one i am having is that it crashes in a loop, that it cannot find the autosomething.bat
file
ehh.. I've used almost every beta for the past few weeks, and its always been MKV/MP4 - AVI was never an output option AFAIK.

You sure you don't mean AutoGK? It uses AVI as its standard output format.

agressiv
Old 16th October 2006, 23:52   #125  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdutchie View Post
For some reason, I can't get it to save to
AVI anymore... it either creates MP4 or MKV files (container names)
even though I said it to use Xvid.

What am I missing here?

Seems I am having that with megui too... maybe I am getting to old for this, but I want AVI (Xvid)
Yeah, understand old and wanting to stay with something you are comfortable with. If so stay, with AutoGK. Hard to go wrong with that for AVI.

Still, once you take just the few minutes to install a splitter to allow playback, mkv is a better way to go for many reasons. Suggest you bite the bullet and give it a try. You will be back in your comfort zone quickly, at least that is all it took for me. Good luck.
Old 17th October 2006, 08:43   #126  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

i can confirm that automkv never had AVI output.

BUT can be done. Just choose your setting BUT disable "Del Temp file". After encoding just mux with virtualdubmod the movie.avi and audio.mp3

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 17th October 2006, 12:04   #127  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV038.rar

added new stable (or near) full package

lot's of change under the hood, just to name fews

---fixed private ac3 stream in TS files (thanks to DDogg for pointing files with this stream)
---log name is based on input file name
---if resizer is set to NONE then WIDTH is set not to automatic
---Colormatrix shifted to end script
---Better message on multiresize (also suggestion from DDogg)
---On Queue use is possible to use multires. AutoMkv window will be hided when encoding BUT on message for redo autoresize it will pop-up and will be possible to edit window
---Better support to track language on second audio

BHH

Last edited by buzzqw; 18th October 2006 at 05:57.
Old 17th October 2006, 15:29   #128  |  Link
DDogg

Nice work - The additional prediction information in the multires box is very helpful so long as the user understands it is an approximate value. Later, if we get enough data on the curves, you may want to add a curve correction factor. So far it looks like crf 17-20 would need a ~ -5-6%, but that is way premature at this point.

1> Crf profiles are a special case since they include a crf #. You might want to parse that number and put it in the value box for "Use crf for autoresize routines" so your prediction will agree with the profile crf. If the user manually changes the crf for a redo you might want to use that crf for the final encode as the user would want the encode size to follow the prediction. Am I thinking straight?
2> Adding commas would be good thing
3> Including the size of the video only would be good if you have the room in the pop up box. Else, not a big deal.
/add:
4> What if 2 audio streams are selected? If you don't have the space to list audio2 then maybe show total audio by adding the sizes of the two audio tracks? And then there are the subs ...

Other:

1> In advanced profiles editing it would be useful to show the commandline generated by the profile that you will be using for the encode (and allow editing of the cmdline)? I ran into a situation where I wanted to use a redo with a matrix that recommended "--deadzone-inter 6 --deadzone-intra 6" [and would have like to manually enter this since not supported in profile]. This would seem to follow your purpose when you added the advanced profiles tab.

/add: Note: Trying to do more comprehensive testing for you - Testing with 2 audio and 2 subs. Crf profile -Auto size on - 2 cds as output. Prediction showed 1.8 gs as final output yet resolution was still kept at 704. Just fyi.

Mux line from fullbatch:
Code:
c:\\mkvmerge.exe" -o "D:\\movie.MKV" --aspect-ratio 1:2.397004 --split 700M --chapters "C:\\AutoMKV036\exe\chapters.txt" "D:\temp\movie.mp4" 
--language 0:eng "D:\\audio.ac3" --language 1:eng "D:\\audio2.mp4" "D:\\vts.idx"  //=edit

Last edited by DDogg; 17th October 2006 at 19:32.
Old 17th October 2006, 19:40   #129  |  Link
mrdutchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDogg View Post
Yeah, understand old and wanting to stay with something you are comfortable with. If so stay, with AutoGK. Hard to go wrong with that for AVI.

Still, once you take just the few minutes to install a splitter to allow playback, mkv is a better way to go for many reasons. Suggest you bite the bullet and give it a try. You will be back in your comfort zone quickly, at least that is all it took for me. Good luck.

Yeah i like it, but it's making my Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's out of sync

When I decode the AC3 there is a -4 Ms Delay in it
and you can't such thing like that in AutoGK...
Old 17th October 2006, 21:53   #130  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

i will analyze tomorrow rest of post

Quote:
/add: Note: Trying to do more comprehensive testing for you - Testing with 2 audio and 2 subs. Crf profile -Auto size on - 2 cds as output. Prediction showed 1.8 gs as final output yet resolution was still kept at 704. Just fyi.
sorry ... but in multires message what width was suggested ?
you can read also in log file at line "AutoResize movie size:"
also: what final size have you got ?

autores will search WIDTH for an average CRF of 19. Can you check this value with this tool http://www.64k.it/andres/data/x/x264...1.5-vr_nga.rar , it analyse the stats file

if in this message is suggested 704 then 704 is used... BUT i think i have understud your point of view...

(idea for next version: add button auto REDO -> check for predicted size, if > SIZE requested, diminish width, redo again)

BHH
Old 17th October 2006, 22:32   #131  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
I don't seem to be able to get access to this link
Old 17th October 2006, 22:55   #132  |  Link
DDogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
i will analyze tomorrow rest of post

sorry ... but in multires message what width was suggested ?
704. Size had been set to automatic.
Quote:
you can read also in log file at line "AutoResize movie size:"
also: what final size have you got ?
Width or filesize? 704 was the width and I am redoing encode. later: The prediction in the log for video was 1,367,448,960 and actual was 1,307,182,261 ... 95.6% not bad at all
Quote:
autores will search WIDTH for an average CRF of 19.
??? I had manually set to 18 to MATCH the crf in the profile.
Quote:
Can you check this value with this tool http://www.64k.it/andres/data/x/x264...1.5-vr_nga.rar , it analyse the stats file
Will play with it. [What stats file? There is none with crf mode, is there? Btw, where did this tool come from? Are there any docs?]
Quote:
if in this message is suggested 704 then 704 is used... BUT i think i have understood your point of view...
Not sure which point of view you are speaking of.
Quote:
(idea for next version: add button auto REDO -> check for predicted size, if > SIZE requested, diminish width, redo again)
Maybe useful for some. I only use the autores to find a point it does NOT reduce width. In other words, if it reduces width I add a filter, change matrix, or add size. The very last thing I want is for the resolution to be reduced. It is kind of funny, using autores in a backwards manner allows me to find out how NOT to reduce resolution. Since I have input a crf value for the sample, this tells me I can get close to that crf value without wasting any space and without reducing resolution.

That is one of the reasons I think you should parse the crf value contained in a crf profile and put it into the sample box value. That crf is what the encode will be created with right? So for a crf mode encode it makes sense to start multires with a matching crf in the crf sample box. IF a user then changes the CRF value in the sample box (for a redo), does the redo, and then selects "no" to redo, the crf value in the sample box should be used for the final encode as that was the crf used to make the prediction. (only a crf profile). At least that is how I would do it and I think it makes sense.

Last edited by DDogg; 18th October 2006 at 03:51.
Old 17th October 2006, 22:56   #133  |  Link
DDogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
I don't seem to be able to get access to this link
Use the link in the first post. That seems to work for me.
Old 17th October 2006, 23:07   #134  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDogg View Post
Use the link in the first post. That seems to work for me.
Indeed... Thanks mate,

The link that works is: www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV038.rar

The link that doesn't is: www.64k.it/data/a/AutoMKV038.rar

Cheers
Old 18th October 2006, 03:52   #135  |  Link
DDogg

The subs will not work for me with the muxline created by AutoMK. MPC will not show them.
Mux:
Code:
"\\mkvmerge.exe" -o "\\movie.MKV" --aspect-ratio 1:2.397004 --split 700M --chapters "\\chapters.txt"
 "\\movie.mp4" --language 0:eng "\\audio.ac3" --language 0:eng "\\audio2.ac3" "\\vts.idx"
But one I created manually in mkvmerge works fine:

Code:
"mkvmerge" -o "D:\temp\auto1\movie2.mkv"  -d 1 -A -S D:\temp\auto1\movie.mp4 --language 0:eng
 --track-name "0:Main 51" --default-track 0 -a 0 -D -S D:\temp\auto1\audio.ac3 --language 0:eng --track-name 
"0:Dir Comments" -a 0 -D -S D:\temp\auto1\audio2.ac3 --language 0:en --language 1:en -s 0,1 -D -A
Old 18th October 2006, 07:13   #136  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Width or filesize? 704 was the width and I am redoing encode.
sorry i mean in log file this:
Code:
Movie Width Computed:    688
17:27:18 Predicted file size: 1460820 byte
have you got what file size (at final encoding) ? this 1,307,182,261 ? if so i think that 704 was good

Quote:
??? I had manually set to 18 to MATCH the crf in the profile.
i wrote 19 because is the default parameter. BUT automkv use THE number you typed.

Quote:
Will play with it. [What stats file? There is none with crf mode, is there? Btw, where did this tool come from? Are there any docs?]
sorry i forget that crf will not build any file stats. this tools come from an italian forum (and is free to use). Is like the DRFAnalyzer but for X264, and analyze only the file stats not the video. And... no doc, just poit it to stats file.

Quote:
That is one of the reasons I think you should parse the crf value contained in a crf profile and put it into the sample box value
DONE

Quote:
the crf value in the sample box should be used for the final encode
actually NOT... but i think too that should be used for final encoding.

about mux subs i will look.

Quote:
1> In advanced profiles editing it would be useful to show the commandline generated by the profile that you will be using for the encode (and allow editing of the cmdline)?
about showing i will look, editing... don't know... add custom parameter for sure !

any other suggestin is take as threasure for nex versions.

BHH
Old 18th October 2006, 14:00   #137  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

update www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV39.exe

--- If CRF profile is choosed and Multires checked then value (of crf) under "Use CRF autoresize" will be used for final encoding
--- in multires box added profile used and if use crf is checked value written
--- Added in advanced panel the command line used
--- Added in advanced panel possibility to add custom commands
--- In multires box both audio tracks size are counted
--- In multires box will be displayed only video size (not audio or sub added)

BHH
Old 18th October 2006, 16:26   #138  |  Link
DDogg

The way you did the command line and allowed changes worked out nicely, and using the crf value in the sample box for the encode [when and only if final encode is done via a crf mode] is very good.

I wonder if it is time for you to consider freezing features so we can test all parts of the program? We could hope that more users will take the time to report problems to you. I've only tested x264 in mkv format with ac3 audio. There are large areas that need further testing.

1> Muxing subs is still a problem for me with v39. Are you still working on this area, or should I report the problems now?
2> Consider an icon with an abort button for Queued encodes? I think it is not good for a user to have to use task manager to attempt to kill the process. Is it difficult to put an icon in the tray like AutoGK does?
3> Encoding windows are not minimized now since you added the process priority change.
--------------------------------------------------------

The only comment I would make is about the beginning crf value when a crf profile is used, but I think the language barrier might be causing confusion. I'll try to show my thinking like this:

1> User picks CQ-ASP_Q2_eq(crf)
2> The stock CQ-ASP_Q2_eq(crf) profile is preset at crf 18
3> If user does not know to change the "Use crf for autosize routines" value, the encode will not follow the CQ-ASP_Q2_eq(crf) profile because it will use crf 19.
4> Do you disagree that the starting sample should be made with the value in the loaded crf profile value (18)? This assumes the user has only loaded the CQ-ASP_Q2_eq(crf) profile and not changed the crf sample value.
5> Or, is it simply that it is difficult to parse the value and put it in the value box? If so, I can understand that.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Folks, buzzqw has worked hard to make a really good program for us to use. A little payback is in order by us doing some complete tests and reporting any problems with enough information so bussqw can replicate the problem and fix them.

Last edited by DDogg; 18th October 2006 at 20:51.
Old 18th October 2006, 16:49   #139  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
I wonder if it is time for you to consider freezing features so we can test all parts of the program?
i must admin that i am like a running train

this build is a good one for test and reports problem. i am glad if anyone will report bugs and request. And i am glad to put in frozen status. I will try to correct all bugs and mantain a parallel version with new features.

Quote:
There are large areas that need further testing
that for sure ! i tested only a little the xvid part, while audio part "should" be correct :fingercrossed:

Quote:
Muxing subs is still a problem for me with v39.
and for me too !

i (and everyone who want) must make some more serius test in this area.
While subripping is good i cannot make a correct mux with audio/video. EVEN if i use mmg.exe i cannot see subs... (could be a problem on my side...).

mediainfo reports that subs are present...

some test is seriusly needed

Quote:
The stock CQ-ASP_Q2_eq(crf) profile is preset at crf 18
Quote:
Or, is it simply that it is difficult to parse the value and put it in the value box? If so, I can understand that
no, it is very easy. in next version i will parse the profile (crf) ant put this value on "Use Crf for autores..." (DONE while writing this post...)

Quote:
Folks, buzzqw has worked hard to make a really good program for us to use. A little payback is in order by us doing some complete tests and reporting any problems with enough information so bussqw can replicate the problem and fix them.
I MUST thank pubblic you. Without your support AutoMKV would have been only half of what is now.

BHH

EDIT: typos
Old 18th October 2006, 16:55   #140  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
2> Consider an icon with an abort button for Queued encodes? I think it is not good for a user to have to use task manager to attempt to kill the process. Is it difficult to put an icon in the tray like AutoGK does?
is VERY difficult SINCE i launch bat files..., i can do by listing process and KILL... but is an hackish procedure.

The easy way is to kill automkv window. In this mode the batch queue is lost

Quote:
3> Encoding windows are not minimized now since you added the process priority change.
it's a problem of timing... i tested on 2 of my computers, the one slower (P4 2.6) minimized is good, the faster (p4 3.2) not... i must put a mayor delay before checking for opened windows...

BHH
Closed Thread