Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Closed Thread

Old 7th September 2007, 19:54   #1381  |  Link
KenD00

It was just an information / suggestion, not a request .

Old 8th September 2007, 01:15   #1382  |  Link
picree

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
But you know that encoding from one lossless format into another results in great quality loss, do you? Better choose a higher bitrate to not loose too much. And why in hell CBR, VBR offers better quality at a smaller filesize than CBR.

Edit: really bad typo, i mean lossy instead of lossless

AFAIK, CBR is compatible with more devices and less problematic.

Thank you YourNameHere. Good little app.
Old 10th September 2007, 08:38   #1383  |  Link
GhostRider4u

Hi there I need to speak to someone about licenses and not even being able to aquire them when by purchasing them. I tried to pay for the right to watch the videos and it says it can't procede I have contacted the sites concerned and they have said it must be my end as everything is working at theirs. etc.................. I get the message "does not appear to be licensed to you", any help with what I am doing wrong would be appreciated thank you

Last edited by GhostRider4u; 10th September 2007 at 11:03. Reason: Bad Gramma
Old 10th September 2007, 13:14   #1384  |  Link
dekline

Hello ;-)

I downloaded FairUse4Wm.exe and mirakagi.exe!
Then I try to get the keys but mirakagi.exe says:

Mirakagi starts, code version 0.9
Found 0 keys in keyring.
It is finished.

My Windows Media Player Version is 10.00.00.4058

Old 10th September 2007, 14:17   #1385  |  Link
GhostRider4u

It worked I did it I finally found away to purchase the license and the rest you can work out for yourself this is just so fantastic thank you so much to the people out there that made it possible
Old 10th September 2007, 20:09   #1386  |  Link
mysekurity

Dekline: Try using the key finder in FairUse4WM (on the "add files" dialog page, click the back button, then find keys).

Mirakagi seems to be only for the newer ibx's.
Old 17th September 2007, 22:42   #1387  |  Link
drummer7

There's a new IndivBox.key - 11.0.6000.7000

Guess what?
Old 18th September 2007, 13:33   #1388  |  Link
StreamRipper
Media Stream Ripping Pro

Freeme2 - freeware open source software to remove DRM protection from Windows Media .WMA audio files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sectroyer
I have successfully undrmed wma file under IndivBox.key version 11.59-something (don't remember exact version ). So the main conclusion is that the software works. It extracts correct SIDs and it's able to undrm wma files using it. The main problem is why it doesn't work with wmv files (it says something about packet_lenght). It's the same issue as with the original freeme.

I will try disassembling drm2wmv which is able to handle both wma and wmv files and he is pretty sure it is also freeme based. But if someone knows a fix to freeme (as a result also to freeme2) to make it work with wmv please post here, at stream-recorder.com or PM me.

If someone is interested source code can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeme2

Last edited by StreamRipper; 18th September 2007 at 13:37.
Old 18th September 2007, 15:35   #1389  |  Link
jetfire4

Subj: movies with limited day licenses can be cracked

To whom it may concern, I didn't have time to read through this whole forum to see if this is already here, but here is what I discovered about files with expiration dates. To save money you can take advantage of the 7-day license options and still crack the file with fairuse.

Here's how it worked for me, when the splash screen to play the file comes up after the license was obtained, I didn't press play, just idled on the splash screen, then went to fairuse and it did it. When I first tried it, the unDRM didn't work after I pressed play, only discovered that it did when left on the splash screen where it says you are licensed and can now play it, but don't press play yet.

Also, sometimes to get the license to play the file you paid for you have to be logged into the download webpage on your browser. If the file is already downloaded and it still won't revalidate, click on the webpage to start opening the file, then click on the one you already downloaded, the license should verify this time now that the portal has been opened up, then click to cancel the other window opening the file. Hope this is useful.
Old 19th September 2007, 01:54   #1390  |  Link
mysekurity

Anyone with the new license want to try doing the rollback?

I'll pm the instructions if you need it.
Old 20th September 2007, 00:41   #1391  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

@jetfire4:
Please note that while removing DRM for the sake of watching your movie on different players does fall under fait use conditions, keeping it after it expires doesn't, is illegal and is absolutely discouraged. After it expires you should delete all copies of the unprotected movie. The fact that similar/same technologies are applied for fair use situations is irrelevant. Please keep it on the legal side. Thank you.
Old 22nd September 2007, 21:16   #1392  |  Link
capted

Rhapsody will not install without installing latest IBX files

Hi,
I reformatted my laptop and fairuse4wm works fine on the sample file in the downloaded "Cool Stuff" folder.
Mirakagi and the fairuse4wm 1.3fix-2 work perfectly.

The problem is when I install the latest Rhapsody set up, it changes the IBX file in the DRM folder to the latest one by "calling home" to MS. Then nothing works.
I have Rhapsody v4.0 build 1.193 on my desktop which works with fairuse4wm
Rhapsody set up installs build 2.25 which changes the IBX file.
I had a copy of Rhapsody 3.1 setup and it stops and says that I have to install a mandatory update, which of course is the latest version which updates the IBX file.

I have searched the net and can't find an older 4.0x installer.
Does anyone happen to have a Rhapsody 4.0 build 1.193 set up?

Please PM me if you do.
In the mean time if Rhapsody is working for you, don't upgrade.
Old 22nd September 2007, 22:38   #1393  |  Link
capted

Disregard my post above unless you know where to find the requested installer.
Out of frustration, I copied and pasted the "Real" folder and "Rhapsody" folder from my desktop to my laptop.
It worked. I would have bet against it but I was desperate.

Fairuse4wm and Fairuse commander are working like a charm on both computers.
Old 23rd September 2007, 07:17   #1394  |  Link
mysekurity

capted: Check your PM.

(Post 100!)
Old 23rd September 2007, 22:25   #1395  |  Link
capted

Thanks MYSEKURITY
Old 23rd September 2007, 22:27   #1396  |  Link
capted

WARNING

If you are presently able to use fairuse4wm with Rhapsody.....Do not upgrade Rhapsody.

If you upgrade, the installer will not let you proceed until Microsoft installs the latest IBX file in your DRM folder.
If you try to back out, and cancel the upgrade, you will not be able to run your previous version of Rhapsody. You will get the setup page you cancelled out of.

If you reinstall WMP 10 or 11beta 2, it will change your IBX file to a usable one but when you try to start Rhapsody it will tell you that it is installed incorrectly and you have to do it all over again and get the changed IBX file.
I was able to go back with System Restore and paste in an older version of Rhapsody from another computer.

WARNING
Old 25th September 2007, 04:22   #1397  |  Link
dirtminer
Grouchy User

Updates?

Seems there's a mandatory Yahoo update.. Can't defer it like the older ones. Anyone else notice this, and/or know a way NOT to upgrade?
Old 26th September 2007, 01:10   #1398  |  Link
cliffjeff

if you've got a computer with the latest IBX initialization, and no backup of an old one, you're pretty much SOL until the new version is cracked, right?
Old 26th September 2007, 04:48   #1399  |  Link
JeffAlso

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffjeff View Post
if you've got a computer with the latest IBX initialization, and no backup of an old one, you're pretty much SOL until the new version is cracked, right?
Not entirely. If you have XP you can uninstall WMP, install version 10.00.00.3646, delete your DRM directory, and individualize your install. At this point, FU4WM will work again, albeit an older version 10.

I haven't found any way of then upgrading to version 11 without being infected with the new IBX version in the process. If your running Vista, I believe youre pretty much screwed until a someone distributes a fix to the new IBX version.
Old 26th September 2007, 09:13   #1400  |  Link
sectroyer

I will try playing with WMP 11 in the end of the week but for now I have to play a little with making FreeMe2 more stable
Closed Thread