Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 29th November 2004, 07:51   #41  |  Link
Manao

http://manao4.free.fr/MVTools-v0.9.8.4.zip

I also added a 'mode' parameter to Corrector, which, if set to 1, change the behavior of Corrector from making the mean to choosing the closest, as asked by scharfi here.

The chroma ME isn't tested thoroughly, but it worked ok on the samples I tried. There's no way to disable it yet ( hence, experimental build )
Manao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 20:41   #42  |  Link
Manao

http://manao4.free.fr/MVTools-v0.9.9.zip

New release, here is the changelog :
Code:
    * Filter added : Corrector
    * Filter added : MVIncrease
    * New available blocksize : 16
    * New parameter in MVAnalyse : chroma
    * Changes in the core
No temporal interpolators yet.
Old 20th January 2005, 15:11   #43  |  Link
scharfis_brain
brainless

AVISynth rejects mvtools 0.9.9 .
It says:

AVISYnth open failure
Loadplugin: Unable to load "D:\x\mvtools099.dll"

(I always rename mvtools.dll to mvtools0.version.dll)

I am using an AthlonXP with WinXP.

Don't PM me for technical support, please.
scharfis_brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2005, 15:52   #44  |  Link
Mug Funky
interlace this!

wow, thanks for the update

[edit]

i seem to need stlport_vc7146.dll

Last edited by Mug Funky; 20th January 2005 at 15:54.
Mug Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2005, 19:15   #45  |  Link
Manao

To those who succeed / fail to use the version 0.9.9 : do you have WinXP SP 2 ?

Edit : I just saw Mug Funky's edit : I'll correct that tonight, it shouldn't be necessary.

Last edited by Manao; 20th January 2005 at 19:18.
Old 20th January 2005, 22:04   #46  |  Link
Manao

Corrected : http://manao4.free.fr/MVTools-v0.9.9.1.zip
Old 21st January 2005, 04:46   #47  |  Link
Mug Funky
interlace this!

cool. it works now.

[edit]

just a bit of warning: i got an access violation on frame 32 while playing back in VDM, using blksize=16. couldn't make it happen again though. possibly a problem at my end, but these kinds of problems tend to make long encodes unreliable. if there's nothing immediately wrong, then just put it down to my 5 year old computer

Last edited by Mug Funky; 21st January 2005 at 04:53.
Mug Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2005, 06:38   #48  |  Link
Manao

I made the mvtools run 24 hours straight with a complicated script and i didn't get any access violations These are very hard to found & reproduce.

However, blksize = 16 is largely untested, so I'll check here and there to see if I didn't left any obvious wrong code.
Old 21st January 2005, 16:07   #49  |  Link
scharfis_brain
brainless

manao, could you take a look into corrector?
especially for copy&paste mistakes.
somehow the analysis clips are passed through to the output.

addtional I would like to request separated thresholds for luma and chroma.

also many thanks for the larger blocksize of 16px!
it made the motioncompensation more stable in general, but small moving objects and borders aren't as precise as they waere before with blocksise 8 or 4.

Old 24th January 2005, 20:01   #50  |  Link
Manao

Scharfi : can you post your script ? I checked the code, and it seems i made no mistake. A script showing the issue would be of great help.
Old 27th January 2005, 15:00   #51  |  Link
Heini011

Hi manao,

i still prefer the 0.98.5 version of your mvtools for mvdenoise. i used both on a 3 hour video and the result of the 0.98.5 version is clearly visible cleaner especially on motion parts. The 0.99.1 version works too, but the result is not as good.

script used:

LoadPlugin("C:\Programme\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\MVTools_0985.dll")

function mvdenoise2(clip) {
bw_v2=clip.MVAnalyse(isb=true, blksize=4, lambda=1000, delta=2, pel=2, idx=1)
bw_v1=clip.MVAnalyse(isb=true, blksize=4, lambda=1000, delta=1, pel=2, idx=1)
fw_v1=clip.MVAnalyse(isb=false, blksize=4, lambda=1000, delta=1, pel=2, idx=1)
fw_v2=clip.MVAnalyse(isb=false, blksize=4, lambda=1000, delta=2, pel=2, idx=1)
return clip.MVDenoise(bw_v2, bw_v1, fw_v1, fw_v2, thT=10, thSAD=64, thmv=90, thSCD1=64)
}

----------

the examples for mvdenoise in your documentation still use 2 x "forward_vectors1" and doesn't use the computed "forward_vectors2" at all.

----------

b.t.w. the following mvdenoise2() function script works imho already better than pixiedust(6..8) (!)

---
LoadPlugin("C:\Programme\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\MVTools_0985.dll")

function deblock2(vec,clip) {
comp=clip.MVCompensate(vec, mode=0).Deblock(quant=16, aOffset=5, bOffset=5)
return vec.MVChangeCompensate(comp)
}

function mvdenoise2(clip) {
bw_v2=clip.MVAnalyse(isb=true, blksize=4, lambda=1000, delta=2, pel=2, idx=1).deblock2(clip)
bw_v1=clip.MVAnalyse(isb=true, blksize=4, lambda=1000, delta=1, pel=2, idx=1).deblock2(clip)
fw_v1=clip.MVAnalyse(isb=false, blksize=4, lambda=1000, delta=1, pel=2, idx=1).deblock2(clip)
fw_v2=clip.MVAnalyse(isb=false, blksize=4, lambda=1000, delta=2, pel=2, idx=1).deblock2(clip)
return clip.MVDenoise(bw_v2, bw_v1, fw_v1, fw_v2, thT=16, thSAD=100, thmv=90, thSCD1=72)
}
---

maybe we still need some kind of adaptive thresholding and your mvdenoise is clearly the best avisynth filter at all... !

many thanks for your great work!

greetings.

Last edited by Heini011; 27th January 2005 at 15:11.
Heini011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2005, 16:02   #52  |  Link
Heini011

Hi!

@manao,

please test the script above with noisy film-material just after a scenechange. it seems, that mvdenoise from movtools 0.99.1 doesn't use all off the referenced frames. (maybe only the first ??)

greetings.
Old 1st February 2005, 12:52   #53  |  Link
krieger2005

I have a problem, that MVTool can not find the right motion. Still in "no-motion" it shows me results like this (this is extremly):

This is Frame 8003 of the movie. I will show you the real Frames before and after:
Frame 8002:

Frame 8003:

Frame 8004:

here the script, which i used for showing the vectors:
Code:
source=last
vectors = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, pel=2, blksize=4)
return source.MVShow(vectors)
I tried different options: set lambda very high, set blksize=16, set source=tempralsoften(3,30,30,10,2) (which cause in artefacts) or source=MedianBlur(6) (no noise, no little things), but nothing help...

A new thing i tried help:
Code:
source=FineEdge(5).Levels(20,1,80,0,255,false).inflate

v1=source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, pel=2, blksize=4)
This give me good results, but when i try to Denoise with MVDenoise, then there are no effects. If i set tht=50 the i got visible effects but it seems, that there were put from the source (which is a mask), so i got black areas...

1. What can i make that MVTools give me the right results.
2. Why MVDenoise use source (in the second example) to denoise, when i call him with an other movie (not source)? Should it not only use the vectors, which were given by source und MVAnalyse?

If you want i can give you a little example of the movie, for testing...
krieger2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2005, 13:17   #54  |  Link
Didée

You did use 2 sets of vector clips? The other filters have to be provided with backward *and* forward vector clips (iirc - didn't touch that stuff for a while. Alas.)

Please post the complete related parts of the script. All generated vector clips, and the calls where they get used.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2005, 13:43   #55  |  Link
krieger2005

I guess you mean this script:
Code:
source=last
well this is the hole script. Above is something like "mpeg2source...". You are right, this is only one type of the script. I used following different usage of MVAnalyse (one every time):
Code:
vectors = source.MVAnalyse(isb = true, pel=2, blksize=4)
vectors = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, pel=2, blksize=16)
vectors = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, pel=2, blksize=4, lambda=1000)
vectors = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, pel=2, blksize=4, lambda=40000)
vectors = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, pel=2, blksize=4, lambda=1000, delta=2)
vectors = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, pel=2, blksize=4, lambda=1000, delta=4)
and some other combinations, but every time with the same result: MVTools give me this "bombed" result, where the vectors go though the people...

The problem of this movie is, that it has "part-flickering". This means, that there are parts in every frame, which go in every frame. I you look at the frame 8002 above you can see that dark area. And so it goes the hole movie... This is, i gues the problem. I put in 2 hours a sample-movie for testing... I must away
Old 1st February 2005, 13:49   #56  |  Link
Manao

krieger2005 : The sky changed a lot between frames 8002 and 8003. That explains why the vectors are so chaotic. There's nothing you can do about it ( there could be a way, but it would be slow, so no way ( yet ? ) )

MVDenoise not only uses the vectors, but also the motion compensation stored with the vectors. This is done in order to improve the speed ( motion compensation could be computed in MVDenoise, but the data is already in the cache when the vector is computed in MVAnalyse, so it's computed there ).

You can change the motion compensation using MVChangeCompensate. You can't (yet) apply vectors to source to create a new compensation, but the code to do that is already written, so it will be available in the next release.

However, there again, it will be slow

heini011 : sorry to have taken so much time to answer. I haven't yet tested your script. However, IIRC, I changed the way the relative strength of the thresholds between 0.985 and 0.991 ( i tried to make the parameters less dependant of the blocksize ). That should explain the differences between 0.985 and 0.991 ( because the denoising is exactly the same )

The filter doesn't take into account frames that are in the other side of what is detected as a scene change. That behavior is expected, and wanted.

The filter often detects very noisy frames as scene change, so if you're handling noisy material, raise the SCD thresholds ( and prevent artifacts with thSAD / thMV / thT ).

The example in the documentation is wrong, indeed, it will be corrected.

Finally, i would recommend not to use blocksize = 4, because it slower and imho less efficient than blocksize = 8 or 16 ( vectors are too sensitive to the noise ).

Edit : krieger, i just saw your post : indeed, the vectors are wrong because of the flickering. Either deflick the clip, or don't plan to flicking areas. Anyway, there are enough thresholds in MVDenoise to prevent artifacts from appearing in such areas, so even if the vectors look like s**t, you can safely use the filter. And finally, event if it try to denoise, it will compensate for the mean luma variation it observed. I'll finally implement a flickering safe motion estimation, it won't be that hard.

Last edited by Manao; 1st February 2005 at 13:53.
Old 1st February 2005, 16:53   #57  |  Link
krieger2005

You are right. The sky changed very hard but i used to get the vectors for "source" something like that:
Code:
source=temporalsoften(3,25,25,10,2)
Because this is a scene where is not so much motion the results are very good and the changes of the sky were compensated. But here i get still the same wrong results... However i uploaded now a sample. Maybe you use it to prove your new versions. You can get it here.

PS: Does someone hear about this (hs-art restoration tool for standard PC)? I want know how good it is...

Quote:
I'll finally implement a flickering safe motion estimation, it won't be that hard
Ohhh, it's welcome, because i have now two movies of that flickering style

PS: The deflicker-plugin of Fizick the antiflicker of "Sorry, does not find your name" can't repair this flicker, because it is local and not global, this means it is only on parts of frames and not on the hole frame. These filters make the frames only darker or lighter but this does not help...

Last edited by krieger2005; 1st February 2005 at 22:40.
Old 1st February 2005, 18:00   #58  |  Link
Heini011

Hi Manao,

how can i compute the parameters for mvdenoise 0.99x based on the 0.98x parameters ?

it seems, that pixiedust also uses blocksize=4x4. maybe blocksize=8 is a better choice for strong denoising.

greetings.
Old 9th February 2005, 16:51   #59  |  Link
scharfis_brain
brainless

Hello Manao.

When you (hopefully) bring back mvconvertfps and mvinterpolate to us,

would it be possible to include some error checking into the internal compensation routines to avoid motion artifacts?
(cross checking of back- and forwards compensated frames to their originals)

All detected areas should then replaced with simple blending instead of the wrong motion-blocks.

That's the way, the commercial mv-enabled converters seem to work! Hard to estimate areas (clapping/shaking hands etc.) are blended, while pans and large moving objects are motion compensated.

Old 10th February 2005, 22:56   #60  |  Link
sh0dan
Retired AviSynth Dev ;)

I just love this filtercollection. I'd like to find the time and put in an improved MVConvertFPS. My main issues are soft block appliance and a blended frame scbehaviour and border mv-interpolation/guessing.