Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 17th February 2012, 06:48   #9141  |  Link
wanezhiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Here goes.

http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-...245-dxva2n.zip

This build features a DXVA2 "native" decoder, which means it delivers the decoded image directly to the renderer, and never copys it back to system memory.
This is in line with all "classic" DXVA2 decoders, has no performance penalities from copying the frame, but instead has some limitations.

For example, the software fallback has to rely on the information it gets in the media type, if the information is incomplete or just plain wrong, and the actual movie is incompatible to DXVA, it will not be able to fallback to software at this point (neither will most other DXVA decoders, so this is nothing new).
Otherwise, it seems to work pretty ok in my limited tests, but i'm looking forward on feedback from other people.

Remember, only works with EVR and only on Vista/7. If you try to use it with any other renderer, it will automatically fallback to software.

Note that this is a beta build, so if you dare to test it, please report how it behaves for you, even if all is just going fine.
If you encounter issues, please always state your GPU and the driver version. Note that NVIDIAs 285 WHQL driver has a bug that breaks DXVA decoding.
Nice nice!

I found a problem, WM ASF Reader --> DXVA2(native) , works for WMV(VC1) but not for WMV(WMV3).

And we know mpc-hc doesnt offer a option for ASF, so I got a blackscreen like this:
http://i.imgur.com/8MHlE.png (DXVA2 native is active.)

With Potplayer which I could use LAV Splitter Source for ASF, works fine.http://i.imgur.com/2Y5ZM.png

I download the wmv from microsoft.
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...nture_1080.exe

Edit:WM ASF Reader --> DXVA2(native) , not for all WMV(VC1), this failed too(blackscreen).
http://i.imgur.com/SQtRY.png (DXVA2 native is active.)

Last edited by wanezhiling; 17th February 2012 at 07:17.
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 07:42   #9142  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

You can force MPC-HC to use LAV for wmv if you add the WM ASF Reader to the external filter list and set it to "Blocked".

I'll test with the WM ASF Reader when i get home, thanks for the hint that its causing the issues.
Old 17th February 2012, 07:58   #9143  |  Link
wanezhiling

Quote:
You can force MPC-HC to use LAV for wmv if you add the WM ASF Reader to the external filter list and set it to "Blocked".
a good way, now it works fine.~~
http://i.imgur.com/xunLm.png
http://i.imgur.com/fuU4E.png
Old 17th February 2012, 08:00   #9144  |  Link
turbojet

I'm using LAVF to serve avisynth for encoding but I'm noticing blocks with progressive VC-1 with a 9600GT (VP2) cuda enabled, here's a sample. All MPEG2 and AVC is fine and 99% of VC-1 is fine with cuda but always have at least a few blocky frames with every file. I've tried LAVF 0.45 and 0.46 with same results. I also tried nvidia drivers 285.62 and 270.61. Disabling cuda for VC-1 has no blocks but it's a ~30% slower encode. Playing the sample file in graphstudio or MPC-HC with LAVF there's no blocks, DGNV also has no blocks. Any idea what's going on?

Also encoded files decoded with LAVF are a little larger, sometimes significantly larger then files decoded with ffdshow, dgnv, microsoft. Is this dithering or something else? Is there any way to disable this?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 08:04   #9145  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
Any idea what's going on?
Nope, there is no reason the decoder should behave differently when used with AviSynth.

Quote:
Also encoded files decoded with LAVF are a little larger, sometimes significantly larger then files decoded with ffdshow, dgnv, microsoft. Is this dithering or something else? Is there any way to disable this?
Dithering is not used for 8-bit material, unless you ask it to output RGB (but for encoding that wouldn't make much sense, i guess). Maybe those files are interlaced and LAV is deinterlacing them and outputting double framerate?
Old 17th February 2012, 08:42   #9146  |  Link
turbojet

The blocks are showing up when high-quality processing is enabled. Disabled they don't show on that sample, should one expect lower quality with it disabled when not deinterlacing?

The file size differences seem to depend on cuda. With it disabled LAVF is the same size as ffdshow, microsoft, and dgnv. Just did another short test and it's not always larger, lav-cuda was 8 KB smaller then the aforementioned decoders. The few times I've noticed different sizes with same x264 crf settings there's been an issue but this still looks fine.

One more thing, I was planning on using 64 bit for deinterlacing and 32 bit for ivtcing (or vice versa) but cuda deinterlaced output is not good for decimating and there's many missing/dupe frames but LAVF 32 and 64 bit properties are shared is there any chance to have them separated in a future version?

Last edited by turbojet; 17th February 2012 at 08:59.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 09:03   #9147  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
The blocks are showing up when high-quality processing is enabled. Disabled they don't show on that sample, should one expect lower quality with it disabled when not deinterlacing?
No, it only matters for deinterlacing.

Quote:
One more thing, I was planning on using 64 bit for deinterlacing and 32 bit for ivtcing (or vice versa) but cuda deinterlaced output is not good for decimating and there's many missing/dupe frames but LAVF 32 and 64 bit properties are shared is there any chance to have them separated in a future version?
In the future, maybe. Its yet undetermined.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:15   #9148  |  Link
AJ73

The x86 version of the LAV video decoder makes the graphedt.exe from the Windows SDK crash when clicking on "DirectShow Filters" in the filter selection dialog. This is not the case for the x64 version.
AJ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 10:19   #9149  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ73 View Post
The x86 version of the LAV video decoder makes the graphedt.exe from the Windows SDK crash when clicking on "DirectShow Filters" in the filter selection dialog. This is not the case for the x64 version.
Why do i have a FAQ?

Quote:
Q: GraphEdit crashes after i installed LAV Video!
A: This is a GraphEdit bug. It will crash as soon as one filter supports more then 100 formats. There is nothing to be done. Personally, i suggest using GraphStudio instead!
Old 17th February 2012, 14:16   #9150  |  Link
ajp_anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfield View Post
What do you think about this: ?
Was thinking the same, except skip the check boxes and just add a "None" as the top choise, as it is right now.
ajp_anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 15:03   #9151  |  Link
wanezhiling

Hi nev, http://www.gokuai.com/f/664h14hU3p6dN440

CUVID, ok
copy back, failed
native,failed

Other dxva decoders I have are ok.
Old 17th February 2012, 15:05   #9152  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Small regression here. LAV Video, when using QS, causes MPEG-2 playback to be choppy inside DVBViewer. H.264 channels are fine, and MPEG-2 outside DVBViewer is fine too. It doesn't happen with the software decoder, so I'm guessing a timestamp issue with QS here.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 16:04   #9153  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanezhiling View Post
Hi nev, http://www.gokuai.com/f/664h14hU3p6dN440

CUVID, ok
copy back, failed
native,failed

Other dxva decoders I have are ok.
Fixed, the profile check wasn't 100% correct for constrained baseline.

Quote:
I'll test with the WM ASF Reader when i get home, thanks for the hint that its causing the issues.
Fixed playback with the WM ASF Reader too.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 17th February 2012 at 16:22.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 16:31   #9154  |  Link
wanezhiling

Excellent!
Old 17th February 2012, 16:34   #9155  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosD View Post
What exactly is the problem playing that file on ATi's cards in DXVA mode with any decoder (MS DS, LAV, CoreAVC) ?

I didn't see any.
Im talking about Quicksync not ATI or Nvidia (ehh btw why do we still call it ATI), with Quicksync only Arcsoft and Mirillis does it correct all the other ISV fail :P

As i already said DXVA implementations can be very different and need adaption for some DSPs

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 17th February 2012 at 16:46.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 17:38   #9156  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
Small regression here. LAV Video, when using QS, causes MPEG-2 playback to be choppy inside DVBViewer. H.264 channels are fine, and MPEG-2 outside DVBViewer is fine too. It doesn't happen with the software decoder, so I'm guessing a timestamp issue with QS here.
Seems fine here.
Maybe its a deinterlacing field-order issue? In that case, i couldn't do anything, would have to complain to Eric - but its certainly possible its just encoded with wrong flags.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 17th February 2012 at 17:42.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 17:44   #9157  |  Link
wanezhiling

nev, since native dxva has been implemented, so would you like to use "DXVA" FourCC for NV12 subtype as what CoreAVC 3.0.1 has done.
http://corecodec.com/products/coreavc/changelog
Quote:
Use "DXVA" FourCC for NV12 subtype when it's used for DXVA connections
http://i.imgur.com/KFJJR.png
Old 17th February 2012, 17:48   #9158  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanezhiling View Post
nev, since native dxva has been implemented, so would you like to use "DXVA" FourCC for NV12 subtype as what CoreAVC 3.0.1 has done.
http://corecodec.com/products/coreavc/changelog

http://i.imgur.com/KFJJR.png
But why? Its NV12.
Old 17th February 2012, 17:48   #9159  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ73 View Post
You mean using graphedit64 with lav 64 bit does not crash ?

The crashing with lav32 installed is a known problem with graphedit 32b anyway; it's a bug in graphedit.

I thought graphedit64 would also crash, but I never tested it.
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 18:03   #9160  |  Link
wanezhiling

Just looks pretty in PP.

Ignore me, ignore me.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter