Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th September 2009, 08:25   #11  |  Link
Alex_ander

@jeanl

First of all thanks for your great tool. I recently started using it due to its unique bitmap editing feature and then also found that its OCR feature is much better that in other tools I had used.

Had 2 small problems (1.5 version) until I found workaround.

1.The first problem (at bitmap editing) was that if I didn't manually set different colors for auto-clut (manual setting for the forced 'auto' is not offered when export to bmp starts from ifo CLUT), then I had 2 same colors in auto-clut (the original ifo clut had 3 same colors with varying transparency) and then there was no way to separate patterns. It only started to work after I'd changed the default auto colors to 4 different ones. Not a big problem but maybe changing defaults for auto-clut (forcing all 4 auto-colors different) would be useful here?

2.The second thing was wrong time codes in .srt for the OCR-ripped subtitles (both in full-domain* and sup modes). As I can see in this page of the thread, another user mentioned a similar thing. I earlier had that problem in SubRip and didn't expect to find it in newer tool, so it even took me some time to find this out in the resulting mux.
It wasn't a constant delay, so retiming the whole stream didn't help. In a set of 515 lines the offset values were -1 to -3 seconds, while the original sups muxed back were perfectly synched. I tried 2 different tools with those .srt (TAW4 and SubtitleCreator) to be sure. Finally, I had to separately rip original timings from demuxed sup to empty .srt (SubtitleCreator gets time codes perfectly) and copy/paste every translated line to it. That did the thing.
* In full-domain mode there was an additional time code shift (about 4s) in the last 70 or 100 lines.

Do the latest modifications fix it (I used 1.50)?
Alex_ander is offline   Reply With Quote