Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 21st August 2008, 16:07   #3901  |  Link
gngn
the hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpchdtv View Post
Hello,
When I play Nvidea's PureVideoHD trailer, CPU goes up to 50% -> I guess no DXVA at all. How can I check this?

I have one sample which can't be rendered with MPC HC or anything else I tried so far. Filename BatmanBegins_1080p.wmv 164MB, length about 2:29. This file was originally listet on MS HD sample side. I found it on emule and uploaded it http://rapidshare.com/files/13849800...1080p.wmv.html for you to play around if you like. It might be a DRM thing
you could post the results of DXVAChecker, and also what OS you use?
If you have Output selected as VMR9renderless in XP or "EVR Cust" in Vista you could display the stats of the video by clicking "Ctrl+J". This will give you informations regardless of the used decoder. If you use the internal H.264/AVC decoder of MPC-HC you could right-click on the video and select "MPC Video Decoder". The Proprietieswindow will show you if you have DXVA or not.

about the Nvidea's PureVideoHD trailer, you didnt provide any sample or videoinfo, but i suppose its a MPEG-2 video (or maybe VC-1, then its the same situation like WMV9 below), and not a H.264. the internal decoders of MPC-HC dont support DXVA for MPEG-2. you will have to use external filters for that, or from Cyberlink or from Nvidia (payware both)

BatmanBegins_1080p.wmv uses WMV9, again, the internal filters from MPC-HC dont support DXVA (this specifical file isnt playable because of DRM-limitations, like you said). you will have to use
microsofts decoders, after you enable DXVA in the WMVDecoderDMO. you will find all you need for that here: http://www.citizeninsomniac.com/WMV/

Last edited by gngn; 21st August 2008 at 17:16.
Old 21st August 2008, 17:01   #3902  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexins View Post
Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86), svn 736
Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x64), svn 736

Supported languages: CN, CZ, DE, ES, FR, HU, IT, KR, PL, RU, SK, TR, UA

Changes log

Updated : Polish translation; FIX : selection of a language not all data transferred(need restart on MPC-HC); ADD : Adding Entries to the Explorer Context Menu for Directory(MPC now reads the entire directory - For activating of this option, it is necessary to open 'Options -> Formats' and to push the button ‘Ok’.)
Do you have a future plan to add Hd-subtitles from blu-ray support in a future release?
Old 21st August 2008, 18:52   #3903  |  Link
ChronoReverse

Thanks to all the developers of this great player.

I'm testing out DXVA and power savings on my laptop right now to see if GPU offloading will give me battery life by looping a video.

Radeon HD3200
Turion RM-70
Batman Begins Apple trailer #3

If it turns out to save power, it'd be another reason to use MPCHC =)
(With CoreAVC 1.6.5.0 it takes over 60% CPU at 2GHz to decode. With DXVA, it takes about 35% CPU at 500MHz. The key will be how much power the HD3200 uses).
Old 21st August 2008, 20:06   #3904  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
Do you have a future plan to add Hd-subtitles from blu-ray support in a future release?
Casimir is already working on PGS support
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
Old 21st August 2008, 20:14   #3905  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
Casimir is already working on PGS support
thanks for your answer

another question: Does Casimir have a plan to add inverse telecine support with dxva because ffdshow with avysinth (telecide filter) can't be used with dxva on?
Old 21st August 2008, 21:49   #3906  |  Link
Rille

I'm unable to get "display stats" to work. Nothing happens when i activate it. Was really useful when calibrating refreshrates.
Currently using ATI and Vista and have tried coreavc and mpc video decoder using overlay/vmr7/vmr9/evr/evr custom. Also tried with XP and nvidia a while back ago but that was a no go as well.
What filters and settings are required for it to work or has this feature been removed or is it broken?
Old 21st August 2008, 22:23   #3907  |  Link
GTPVHD

For Display Stats/CTRL+J to work, you must install the latest DirectX Redist August 2008. MPC-HC depends on D3DX9_xx.DLL if you use one of the recent SVN compiles from alexins's xvidvideo.ru site for Display Stats and Shaders functions to work. Also it only works in VMR9 Renderless(XP) and EVR Custom Presenter(Vista) renderers afaik.
Old 21st August 2008, 23:14   #3908  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
thanks for your answer

another question: Does Casimir have a plan to add inverse telecine support with dxva because ffdshow with avysinth (telecide filter) can't be used with dxva on?
I don't know that, maybe any of the developers could answer you that?

Other thing that needs to be revised is the deinterlacing support for DXVA, for H264 works a little, the video is jumpy and there are still traces of interlacing, PDVD is OK of course.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
Old 22nd August 2008, 04:57   #3909  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
@Aleksoid1978,

I saw you added MPC to the shell context menu for directories. Could you modify that code to only enqueue audio/video files (those with file extensions from the Formats page in MPC options)? We don't want MPC to enqueue all kinds of other filetypes. Images/Playlist files should also be skipped.

For example a directory with .mp3 files will often contain a .txt/.nfo file (tracklist), and a .jpg (album art), and a .m3u (playlist). Those should all not be enqueued. Only the .mp3 files should get enqueued.

If a user would want to open a playlist, then the user would open that directly, not by adding the contents of a whole directory.
I do - now when open DIRECTORY(from Context Menu or MPC-HC Menu) - load only files, than extensions checked in the Formats page in MPC options
Old 22nd August 2008, 05:20   #3910  |  Link
carbonex88

Hi,

Newbie here with some questions on MPC-HC's DXVA. I'm have tried decoding H264 video streams with both CoreAVC and MPC-HC DVA. CoreAVC appears to be provide smoother playback and better picture quality. I'm currently using a ATI HD4850 which should have no problem decoding the H264 stream if MPC-HC DXVA is properly enabled.

How do I check if MPC-HC DXVA is actually being used to decode the H264 stream? I have followed the various guides on proper MPC-HC settings to have DXVA enabled.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
Old 22nd August 2008, 05:33   #3911  |  Link
crazydane

Greetings,

I just setup 2 nearly identical HTPCs. Both are based on the new Intel G45 chipset. One is the Asus P5Q-EM with an E8500 cpu, the other an Intel DG45ID with an E4500 CPU. Both are running Vista SP1 32-bit.

The problem I'm having is that I can't get HW acceleration working with MPC-HC (it works fine with Arcsoft TMT). I have tried selecting EVR and no external filters as well as selecting the Arcsoft video decoder as an external filter.

I'm getting about 60% CPU util on the E4500 system and 30% on the E8400 system when playing BD MKVs (ripped with AnyDVD, then processed with eac3to). No stuttering, but I'd like to get HW accel working.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer not having to install the Cyberlink decoder (which I understand could possibly be an option).

Thanks!
Old 22nd August 2008, 06:44   #3912  |  Link
THX-UltraII

I wanted to try out some things but now a have a problem:

When playing a .wmv file I want to try what would happen if I disabled the MPC Video decoder. So in the settings (when a file was playing and going into filters) I disabled the box 'enable ffmpeg'. Now I have sound but no picture anymore. I would like to know how I can reload/reassign the MPC Video decoder. I tried redownloading a 'fresh' mpchc but didn t help.

Now what......
Old 22nd August 2008, 06:57   #3913  |  Link
htpchdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngn View Post
you could post the results of DXVAChecker, and also what OS you use?
If you have Output selected as VMR9renderless in XP or "EVR Cust" in Vista you could display the stats of the video by clicking "Ctrl+J". This will give you informations regardless of the used decoder. If you use the internal H.264/AVC decoder of MPC-HC you could right-click on the video and select "MPC Video Decoder". The Proprietieswindow will show you if you have DXVA or not.

about the Nvidea's PureVideoHD trailer, you didnt provide any sample or videoinfo, but i suppose its a MPEG-2 video (or maybe VC-1, then its the same situation like WMV9 below), and not a H.264. the internal decoders of MPC-HC dont support DXVA for MPEG-2. you will have to use external filters for that, or from Cyberlink or from Nvidia (payware both)

BatmanBegins_1080p.wmv uses WMV9, again, the internal filters from MPC-HC dont support DXVA (this specifical file isnt playable because of DRM-limitations, like you said). you will have to use
microsofts decoders, after you enable DXVA in the WMVDecoderDMO. you will find all you need for that here: http://www.citizeninsomniac.com/WMV/
@gngn:

Thank you for all these information. I don't have time to try out everything today. I'll do it over the weekend I'm using XP Pro SP3 32bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonex88 View Post
How do I check if MPC-HC DXVA is actually being used to decode the H264 stream? I have followed the various guides on proper MPC-HC settings to have DXVA enabled.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
@carbonex88:

You may find the answer in gngn's post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpchdtv View Post
After installing Directx redist August 2008, everything stuttered. Removed it and it's playing smooth again.
Did anybody make similar experiences?

Kindest regards,
htpchdtv
Old 22nd August 2008, 09:05   #3914  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV

Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86), svn 741
Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x64), svn 741

Supported languages: CN, CZ, DE, ES, FR, HU, IT, KR, PL, RU, SK, TR, UA

Open directory(shell context menu or MPC-HC menu) - load only enqueue audio/video files, those with file extensions from the Formats page in MPC options; Updated Czech translation.

Changes log
Old 22nd August 2008, 10:23   #3915  |  Link
hrr
Héctor D.

Hi !

Yesterday I was viewing a film, "Le scaphandre et le papillon", at 720p with MPC-HC rel. 715 DXVA and D3D activated, and from time to time the image began to 'judder' in the top. First it is only the top 10 or 15 pixels but this judder begins to grow if I go on viewing the film.

If I go a few seconds back with 'Jump backward (small)' the problem disappear until a few minutes has passed.

It is not a normal judder because I have not seen this problem in other films and I have the correct refresh rate in my PC and in the projector (24p).

¿ Some idea ?

This is the internal info of the film.

Códec/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Perfil del códec : High@L5.1
Ajustes del códec, CABAC : Yes
Duración : 1h 51min.
Bitrate : 7605Kbps
Bitrate nominal : 7957Kbps
Ancho : 1280pixeles
Alto : 688pixeles
Relación de aspecto : 1.860
Frecuencia por cuadro : 24.000fps
Croma : 4:2:0
Interlacement : Progresivo
Codificando librería : x264 - core 60 r892M ad1d7a4
Opciones de codificación : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=6 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=2 / deadzone=10,10 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / fgo=4 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=7957 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=1.00 / qpmin=8 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.20 / aq=2:0.90
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:40   #3916  |  Link
XhmikosR

Hello everybody. I've been trying to get DXVA to work with my VGA but without success. I have a BFG Nvidia 8800 GTS 640MB, I'm using the latest drivers from Nvidia 175.xx (even tried the beta 177.83) and I've also installed the latest DirectX (Aug08). OS Vista Business 32bit, MPC-HV r741, EVR Custom. Here is a screenshot of DXVA checker.

And here is a screenshot from MPC-HC while playing the video.

The sample I'm trying to play is DXVA compliant. I've tested in a friend's pc, which has Nvidia 8800GT, Vista Business 32bit, 175.xx drivers, latest DirectX (Aug08), EVR Custom and it played with DXVA.

The same happens with the sample posted some pages before which can be found here.
Does anybody know what is the problem?
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:46   #3917  |  Link
ranpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
Hello everybody. I've been trying to get DXVA to work with my VGA but without success. I have a BFG Nvidia 8800 GTS 640MB, I'm using the latest drivers from Nvidia 175.xx (even tried the beta 177.83) and I've also installed the latest DirectX (Aug08). OS Vista Business 32bit, MPC-HV r741, EVR Custom. Here is a screenshot of DXVA checker.

And here is a screenshot from MPC-HC while playing the video.
This G80 card of yours did not support H.264 hardware acceleration.
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:48   #3918  |  Link
XhmikosR

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the reply.
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:24   #3919  |  Link
grabarz

Hello everybody.

I've been fighting with 1080p .mkv playback for the last couple days.
I use Cyberlink H264/PVD8 codec to get DXVA acceleration. Just like the dxva checker says. My is card Saphire ATI2600 XT

720p files play fine with DXVA everytime.
When I keep changing settings in the MPC-HC like overlay, add external filter, sometimes I am able to get .mkv DXVA 1080p playback.

Then I reboot and for some strange reason all is gone. MPC freezes when I try to play 1080p. Closing MPC using Task Manager makes computer unresponsive and have to use reset button.

Please any suggestions?
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:25   #3920  |  Link
THX-UltraII

I wanted to try out some things but now a have a problem:

When playing a .wmv file I want to try what would happen if I disabled the MPC Video decoder. So in the settings (when a file was playing and going into filters) I disabled the box 'enable ffmpeg'. Now I have sound but no picture anymore. I would like to know how I can reload/reassign the MPC Video decoder. I tried redownloading a 'fresh' mpchc but didn t help.

Now what......
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc