Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2006, 12:16   #1041  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemike
OK guys, another questo, if I may.
First, i discovered that i can actually add jobs while Megui is working - this is wonderful feature, something i can't do in virtualdub. BUT, after a computer crash the queue is empty. Absolutely notheing survives, Is there any way i can make it save a queue somehow so it will survive pc crash (power failure)?
TIA.
Many people have asked for this, so I'll do it soon. I don't imagine it could be too hard.
Old 12th June 2006, 12:21   #1042  |  Link
junglemike

Thanks. Will be waiting.
Keep up the good work.
Old 12th June 2006, 12:28   #1043  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Many people have asked for this
Me has serious doubts that people with problems like that are up to video encoding. You don't just accidentally trip and unplug over a wire.. it takes a certain amount of disorganization to put your wires in a place where you can trip over them. And if you connect your powersaw to a standard 220V plug and trip the surge protector.. you should need a basic course on electronics.

If you have faulty wiring, have an electrician rewire your house (bad wiring is dangeours anyway). If you live in California or other places where the power companies can't keep up with demand, get a UPS with a big battery.

And if your computer crashes... fix any hardware problem you might be having, then properly install your OS.. PCs are supposed to run crash free these days. My home computer crashes approximately 1 time a year if the hardware is properly working.
Old 12th June 2006, 12:53   #1044  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

Sometimes I get the "windows needs to reboot after installing updates" message and since you can't get rid of it, I end up eventually accidentally clicking the wrong button. There are zillions of other problems that could go wrong.

How making meGUI save the queue to a backup location at the beginning of every encode? Normally on shutdown it would delete this location automatically, but they would remain if the program crashed. Then if it starts up and detects jobs stored in this backup location, it will ask the user if they want to restore them (very important not to unilaterally do it imo)
Old 13th June 2006, 03:25   #1045  |  Link
Alizar

Is there any way to toggle the xvid encoder in MEGui? It seems to default to xvid_encraw, and thus far the only thing I can get it to do is crash intermittently while trying to encode xvid content.

I seem to recall much better luck with mencoder.
Old 13th June 2006, 06:08   #1046  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizar
Is there any way to toggle the xvid encoder in MEGui? It seems to default to xvid_encraw, and thus far the only thing I can get it to do is crash intermittently while trying to encode xvid content.

I seem to recall much better luck with mencoder.
It only supports xvid_encraw. It works fine for me, so can you post the specific bugs please?
Old 13th June 2006, 08:22   #1047  |  Link
Alizar

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
It only supports xvid_encraw. It works fine for me, so can you post the specific bugs please?

Essentially, when I try to encode an .avs (only plugin called is textsub), it may or may not work. I then experience intermittent hangs, which will lock MEGui and the encode, also resulting in my jobs and any changes not being saved.

If I could get it to produce any logs, I'd post them, but the crash nukes all of those.

The MEGui in question is 0.2.3.2166 and xvid_encraw 1.2.0

Last edited by Alizar; 13th June 2006 at 08:27.
Old 16th June 2006, 13:47   #1048  |  Link
futurex

i have a question, is it possible to do 2 pass encoding with nero aac in meGUI? i thought ABR was 2 pass, but i noticed the time it took to encode was about the same for a CBR encode. also a lot shorter than the time taken to encode the same file, 2 pass, with SNG
Old 16th June 2006, 19:43   #1049  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

[quote]is it possible to do 2 pass encoding with nero aac in meGUI [quote]No. iirc any frameserving solution is currently restricted to one pass encoding
Old 16th June 2006, 22:00   #1050  |  Link
futurex

i see, thanks
Old 17th June 2006, 04:09   #1051  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

It's possible to implement it with an intermediate wav file but it will become HUGE and at that point a routine for checking disk space will be necessary.
However you can encode the audio in 2 passes with SNG and then feed it to megui muxer.
Old 17th June 2006, 04:43   #1052  |  Link
futurex

thanks sharktooth, but i thought SNG doesn't work with nero aac 1.0.0.2? that's the only reason i asked about audio encoding with meGUI :-)
Old 17th June 2006, 11:36   #1053  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

@Sharktooth could you do 2pass with a dummy first output maybe ?

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC
Old 17th June 2006, 13:37   #1054  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@cc979

now is not possible, neroaacenc doesn't write a "1 pass stats" file... with a dummy output as xivd/x264...

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 19th June 2006, 13:52   #1055  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurex
thanks sharktooth, but i thought SNG doesn't work with nero aac 1.0.0.2? that's the only reason i asked about audio encoding with meGUI :-)
it works
Old 20th June 2006, 01:08   #1056  |  Link
futurex

thanks for confirming that sharktooth
Old 25th June 2006, 01:01   #1057  |  Link
Dixxhead

Hello guys...

Well, I've been playing around with x264 for a while now, mainly because of use for the PMP AVC MOD by jonny and magik (great job guys!!!)...
Although I can just encode it fine with the commandline I liked to get a more "confortable" tool to work with. And here I found this very neat tool right here....

Anyways, let's get to the point: I've pretty much tried everything by now, I played around with all of the options and whatnot but just can't seem to get a PMP Mod compatible stream... (I am using the pmp-compat-modified x264.exe)
First I couldn't mux the stream at all with the PMPMuxer, which is clear, since I missed some commands in the commandline. So I inserted them in Megui and I could mux.
However, with the finished pmp I get a decoding error (avc_get: ...*don't remember* error)...

So, now to the curious part: I copied the whole commandline I had in MeGui (F:\Videoencoding\megui\tools\x264\x264.exe --bitrate 768 --level 3 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4 --progress --no-psnr --output "F:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Dixxhead\Eigene Dateien\PSP\Videos\Temp\doatest.264" "F:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Dixxhead\Eigene Dateien\PSP\Videos\Temp\doatest.avs" -A all --level 3 --pictiming --aud --no-psnr --thread-input --progress ) [I know, it's pretty messed up ] and ran it with the command prompt; and look at this, I get a fully compatible PMP stream which runs like a charm, but I'm back to point zero, no automated 2pass encoding and jobs queue...

So... I read that Megui ignores custom commands, but I think I can eliminate that errorsource since if it would, I wouldn't be able to mux the stream in the first place.
That's where I need you'r help guys, please help a poor nOOb getting this done

If it helps:
My system:
p4 3.00ghz
1,5gb ram
win xp sp 2
x264 modified for PMP compatibility
newest megui.

Thanks for the help in advance...

Edit: OKKKKK.... Lol, guys, IGNORE this post, just 10 minutes after posting I found the solution... I simply deactiveted the "Automatically set number of threads" option under settings and it works like a charm... Sorry again for inconvenience, I'll try and encode Final Fantasy- Advent Children over night (this is the maybe "hardest to encode"-movie I or rather said, my god ol' pc ever encoded) and let you know of how everything worked out/ how the quality is. Btw I will use the PSP profile of Sharktooth (thanks for that, that's quite some quality work there ) and just add those few lines you need for PMP compatibility

Last edited by Dixxhead; 25th June 2006 at 01:24.
Old 6th August 2006, 23:49   #1058  |  Link
wincent

Sorry, where can I download AvisynthWrapper.dll ?
Either MEGui or Avisynth needs it.
Old 7th August 2006, 00:07   #1059  |  Link
wincent

Ok, I find it here : http://megui.org/auto/
Old 15th August 2006, 20:01   #1060  |  Link
chadamir

Wrong thread sorry.

Last edited by chadamir; 15th August 2006 at 20:14.
Closed Thread