Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th December 2008, 02:46   #1  |  Link
dukey

H264 DVD Player

So .. I have been busy building myself a replacement for my ageing divx dvd player. One that can play h264 videos and well just about anything. And this is the result, it doesn't really have a name, but it's stable and functional and looks great on my TV. This project would be cool for taking an old pc, and just turning it into a media centre of a divx/mp3 player.

It has support for WinLirc, which means with a very simple infrared receiver you can program in just about any remote control to use to control your pc. I am using the same remote as my old divx dvd player.

You can buy a simple receiver like this off of ebay or online very cheap, or simply make your own ! It's like 5 components to solder together.

So anyway the interface for my software looks something like this

I coded in some special low level CD support which will attempt to slow down your DVD/CD drive when watching stuff. Isn't it annoying when all you want to do is view a jpeg off a CD and the drive is spinning about 100 miles per hour ?

I'll try and find my camera lead so upload some pictures of my actual HTPC setup if anyone is interested. The pc has no keyboard or mouse, just my DVD remote control to control it

It uses directshow .. so whatever u can play in windows media player you should be able to play through my software. So you can use CoreAVC or other great filters

So heres the download link
https://rapidshare.com/files/3506610037/IansHTPC.zip

That is all, if anyone is interested feedback welcome.

Last edited by dukey; 21st June 2011 at 18:46.
dukey is offline   Reply With Quote