Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 17th December 2018, 23:17   #401  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissory View Post
https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/282...te_remove_icon

I found this icon which I think looks good. Progress/percentages also sounds interesting.
This icon is already in cE and could be used easily. I will change the icons next rev.
Is the icon for the reference tab OK? And the "normal" checked-icon for identical tabs?

Quote:
I see. It would be nice if there was some way to do this even if it's just for chapter naming tab but if there isn't a good way to do this then maybe it's best to leave it as it is.
I prefer to show form2 modal but I could add a new option for changing names like "save all tabs(right-click)". A middle click makes the changes and opens tab management automatically.

Quote:
Mainly thinking about undo/redo option for the Chapter Naming tab. So if I change tab(s) chapter names/language etc. a undo option can be used to change the chapter names/language etc. back to old chapter names/language etc. values and depending on how many times CTRL+Z or undo option is clicked the number of changes will roll back accordingly.
For this task I need a history list of all chapters and much more info and this would make a huge work.
Sorry, this is to much for me.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2018, 06:14   #402  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
This icon is already in cE and could be used easily. I will change the icons next rev.
Is the icon for the reference tab OK? And the "normal" checked-icon for identical tabs?
Yep, I think the reference tab/normal checked icons looks fine.

Quote:
I prefer to show form2 modal but I could add a new option for changing names like "save all tabs(right-click)". A middle click makes the changes and opens tab management automatically.
Not sure how well middle click will work since I'm guessing it will make changes but not save changes to file which could be not ideal when 'all tabs'+'load list' options are chosen because then after finish checking in tab management there isn't a way to save all tabs to file at once)

I think even if the current way is a little bit of hassle it's not such a big one that I'm happy to use it the way it is now. Do you think it's best to leave it as is for now?

Quote:
For this task I need a history list of all chapters and much more info and this would make a huge work.
Sorry, this is to much for me.
Alright, no problem.
dissory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2018, 13:59   #403  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Not sure how well middle click will work since I'm guessing it will make changes but not save changes to file which could be not ideal when 'all tabs'+'load list' options are chosen because then after finish checking in tab management there isn't a way to save all tabs to file at once)
OK, a middle click for re-open tab management(only) is not enough. I could combine the save all function with the re-open procedure.

It exists three ways to save all tabs (not only when you rename chapters). A item in the main menu, a ShortCut and a middle-click on the "save" button in the file bar.

Quote:
I think even if the current way is a little bit of hassle it's not such a big one that I'm happy to use it the way it is now. Do you think it's best to leave it as is for now?
I think this normal, that when a feature is implemented, a new feature is possible/necessary for more easy work. I will think about it to find a good solution.
Old 20th December 2018, 02:45   #404  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi dissory

Here is test4 of cE.

I have changed the diff icons with simple icons(created by my self) with a kind of percentage in red. I hope you like it.

Multi tab moving should work for your case, but there are many more move-cases.
Maybe you have time to check some cases.
At first some words to the VirtualStringTree(VST) which is mostly used in cE.
For moving nodes exists 4 options to drop this node(s).
Before a node, After a node, On a node and Nowhere

Before, After and Nowhere is easy to handle but On a node can be tricky for multi selecting.
In the VST is a single selected node also the FocusNode and you have a source index and a target index which makes moving easy.
But with multiple selected nodes you have multiple source index values but only one Focus-Index.
The following example shows want I mean.

5 Tabs
1.mkv
2.mkv
3.mkv
4.mkv
5.mkv

1+5.mkv are selected and move "OnNode" to 3.mkv -> two options
Focus: 5.mkv | Focus: 1.mkv
2.mkv | 2.mkv
1.mkv | 3.mkv
5.mkv | 1.mkv // cE moves 5.mkv here
3.mkv | 5.mkv // CE moves 1.mkv here maybe a bug
4.mkv | 4.mkv

For Chapter naming you can hold down the Shift key and tab management reopens(for all actions and saving). I hope this helps a bit.
If all working then comes the hotkeys and I have planned a main menu item for the tab management.

Last edited by hubblec4; 20th December 2018 at 16:32.
Old 21st December 2018, 16:53   #405  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
Hi dissory

Here is test4 of cE.

I have changed the diff icons with simple icons(created by my self) with a kind of percentage in red. I hope you like it.
I do like it, the percentages are helpful

Quote:
Multi tab moving should work for your case, but there are many more move-cases.
Maybe you have time to check some cases.
At first some words to the VirtualStringTree(VST) which is mostly used in cE.
For moving nodes exists 4 options to drop this node(s).
Before a node, After a node, On a node and Nowhere

Before, After and Nowhere is easy to handle but On a node can be tricky for multi selecting.
In the VST is a single selected node also the FocusNode and you have a source index and a target index which makes moving easy.
But with multiple selected nodes you have multiple source index values but only one Focus-Index.
The following example shows want I mean.

5 Tabs
1.mkv
2.mkv
3.mkv
4.mkv
5.mkv

1+5.mkv are selected and move "OnNode" to 3.mkv -> two options
Focus: 5.mkv | Focus: 1.mkv
2.mkv | 2.mkv
1.mkv | 3.mkv
5.mkv | 1.mkv // cE moves 5.mkv here
3.mkv | 5.mkv // CE moves 1.mkv here maybe a bug
4.mkv | 4.mkv
Maybe placing the selected tabs before or after should be determined by whichever tab is last clicked?
So if 1.mkv and then 5.mkv is clicked/selected then moved onto 3.mkv since last tab clicked (5.mkv) is below 3.mkv it should become:

2.mkv
3.mkv
1.mkv
5.mkv
4.mkv

and if instead 5.mkv and then 1.mkv is clicked/selected then moved onto 3.mkv since last tab clicked (1.mkv) is above 3.mkv it should instead become:

2.mkv
1.mkv
5.mkv
3.mkv
4.mkv

Honestly, I'm not sure of this either since there may be times when the opposite placement is wanted so I don't know if what I suggested is helpful...sorry.

In my opinion any way multiple tabs are moved they should still be placed together and in the same order they were moved...though I see it can be tricky with multi tabs.
Quote:

For Chapter naming you can hold down the Shift key and tab management reopens(for all actions and saving). I hope this helps a bit.
If all working then comes the hotkeys and I have planned a main menu item for the tab management.
Yep, tested it and works well, thanks hubble.

Last edited by dissory; 21st December 2018 at 17:01.
Old 21st December 2018, 21:04   #406  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Maybe placing the selected tabs before or after should be determined by whichever tab is last clicked?
Yes, a developer can code this fix and say drop OnNode inserts a node before or after. But for this way you can't move a node to the first/last place.
It is simple to check the source(focus node) and target(drop node) index. If srcIdx < trgIdx then insert after else insert before.
It works for a single moving perfect and also for some multi select cases.

Quote:
So if 1.mkv and then 5.mkv is clicked/selected then moved onto 3.mkv since last tab clicked (5.mkv) is below 3.mkv it should become:

2.mkv
3.mkv
1.mkv
5.mkv
4.mkv

and if instead 5.mkv and then 1.mkv is clicked/selected then moved onto 3.mkv since last tab clicked (1.mkv) is above 3.mkv it should instead become:

2.mkv
1.mkv
5.mkv
3.mkv
4.mkv
Yes I think also this is the right behaviour, I will fix this.

Some more words to VST selecting nodes:
When you select nodes via mouse(left-click) + hold down CTRL then the last selected node is the focus node(source index).
You can select multiple nodes via mouse hold down left-button, then is the first selected node the focus node(source index).

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not sure of this either since there may be times when the opposite placement is wanted so I don't know if what I suggested is helpful...sorry.
I'm fine with that and I like your suggestions. Tab management was only an idea of me at begin recoding cE, but now it is implemented and I like it.

Quote:
In my opinion any way multiple tabs are moved they should still be placed together and in the same order they were moved...though I see it can be tricky with multi tabs.
Yes, and I hope it will work for all/most cases.
Old 22nd December 2018, 02:22   #407  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

I found a bug for multi tab moving. In the GUI moves the tabs correctly but the data classes gets a wrong index(from next tab). (update index too early)
For testing to see where tabs moves it is OK, but not for your daily task, maybe chapters could be overwritten.

Last edited by hubblec4; 23rd December 2018 at 20:12.
Old 23rd December 2018, 20:45   #408  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi dissory

Here is test5 of cE.

A main menu item "Tab management" is added and a cE global ShortCut init: ALT+T.
There are two hotkeys for the VST. init: "c" = Compare tabs; "ENTF" = Delete tabs
This updates the Hotkeys.ceh file and increase the version number. If I don't change anything until final cE rev1.11 then is all fine.
Otherwise you could make a copy before or you can decrease the file version number at one manually.

Multi tab moving should now work fully. I have set two restrictions. First, a selected node can never be the target node.
Second, if you want to move selected nodes below last node (which is the drop mode "Nowhere", this means insert at the end),
the last node is the target node. Is this node not selected the moving will be allowed.

The order of the selected tabs is now untouched and will be grouped. For my first tests it seems that a lot of move-cases working.

Last edited by hubblec4; 23rd December 2018 at 20:47.
Old 24th December 2018, 17:32   #409  |  Link
dissory

Just tried moving around tabs in some different orders and they work well indeed, looks correct for most (maybe all) cases. Tested Hotkeys and they also work.

I think I found a sort of UI bug when moving multiple files. If for example I load 5 mkv files and select the 3rd, 4th then 5th files and drop them on the 1st file then there are no more tab names showing in form1 (but File path and clicked tab chapter details are still visible). You need to close tab management and click the left or right arrow (depending where tabs are moved) to see tab names again.

Last edited by dissory; 24th December 2018 at 17:35.
Old 24th December 2018, 17:41   #410  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Many thanks for testing. I will have a look at this issue soon.

Edit: I have used very short tab names and all is fine, but I can reproduce the issue with long tab names.

Last edited by hubblec4; 24th December 2018 at 17:44.
Old 27th December 2018, 00:32   #411  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.11 is available.
Windows
Linux

Working with many files is now made easier by the tab management.
Chapter files can be compared and the differences are displayed.

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.11 2018-12-27
// chapterEditor
& Tab management
  - for the chapter editors(except Converter) and the Matroska Tags editor
  - simple tab overview in a list

& New items in tab header popup menu
  - Clear tab
  - Tab management
  - Tabs: dynamic items and sub-items. Current tab is checked. Quick selection of another tab
  - Close all left tabs
  - Close all right tabs
  - Close all tabs

& New main menu Item: Tab management
  - global cE ShortCut init: ALT + T (Settings)

// Tab management
& for chapter editors: Display the number of chapters and editions(Matroska Chapters only)

& Language and Country codes from Chapter 1 (Matroska Chapters only)

& Multi tab selection

& Popup menu (right-click in the VST)
  - Delete tab(s)
  - Compare tabs

& Compare Tabs (chapter editors)
  - Number of editions(Matroska) and chapters are compared
  - Names are compared; Matroska: number of names; multiAVCHD: all 4 names
  - Languages and countries (only Matroska); Number and order is compared
  - The active tab is always the reference tab
  - If only one tab is selected then it will be compared to all other tabs
  - Icons for the compared tabs based on the differences
  - Reference Tab has its own icon
  - Difference code is inserted at the beginning of the tab name: 0 = no difference
  - Matroska difference code: <0,0,0,0,0> <editions,chapters,names,languages,countries>
  - OGG/OGM and multiAVCHD difference code: <0,0> <chapters,name(s)>
  - Hotkey init: "c" (Settings)

& Move multiple tabs

& Delete Tabs
  - Hotkey init: DEL key (Settings)

& Mouse middle-click ends tab management (actions will be executed before)

& Form2 width can be changed and the form button "Maximize" exists

// Chapter naming
& Open tab management after an action (except Converter)
  - Hold down the Shift key while mouse-click

// BD2mkv
# Single processing mode: multiple start of the mux process was possible

// Matroska Tags
* Linux: cE own tab header popup menu was not used

Last edited by hubblec4; 27th December 2018 at 00:57.
Old 27th December 2018, 18:24   #412  |  Link
dissory

Thanks for all the additions on tab management, hubble!
Old 27th December 2018, 18:37   #413  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Tab management abilities are great

Wow, the tab management additions are wonderful, quite similar to some tab enhancement add-ons for Firefox. I'm glad Mr. dissory requested for it as I've been longing for such abilities myself. For example, I often drag multiple MKV's of long and unicode filenames (thus I wouldn't be able to remember the files by name) into the Matroska Tools (Matroska Tags editor). Sometimes I forget to edit one or few of them, thus I needed to re-drag all of them again (since I can't remember which one I missed), and after I end up with the desired tab and save, back then I have to close those other many tabs one by one again.

It's been quite a while of back and forth between you two and I was excited for the next version, so thank you both of you. And since the coast is a little bit clear, I just want to ask (probably suggest as well), how come chapterEditor is not included in Codecs.com (http://www.free-codecs.com/)? Other Matroska and media tools are there, like MKVToolNix itself, LAVFilters, MPC-HC, MakeMKV, etc.
Wakaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2018, 20:21   #414  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Thanks for all the additions on tab management, hubble!
And thanks back to you for this request and your help for testing.

In the simple tab list (Tabs), I had added the icons from the tab, so you can see faster which tab is a new tab(or is it saved already).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaku View Post
Wow, the tab management additions are wonderful, ....
Nice to read that you like it.

Quote:
.....And since the coast is a little bit clear, I just want to ask (probably suggest as well), how come chapterEditor is not included in Codecs.com (http://www.free-codecs.com/)? Other Matroska and media tools are there, like MKVToolNix itself, LAVFilters, MPC-HC, MakeMKV, etc.
chapterEditor is a small one men project without a homepage, maybe is that the reason.
Old 1st January 2019, 03:42   #415  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Next feature on my TODO list is the "Disc Title Profiles".

In Disc2mkv editors you can set track names very fast with the Text Favorites.
But for a series with many episodes I have to repeat the renaming and other settings for each episode and this annoys a bit.

With the Disc Title Profiles you can save some settings for a title/tracks and reinsert the values to another title which have the same tracks configuration.
Saved values are depend on the track type. For all track types the name and language is saved. Audio tracks use the Delay value and for the Subs all flags are saved.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 3rd January 2019, 07:13   #416  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Happy New Year everyone. For now I can't offer any suggestion for Disc2mkv since I am mainly a Matroska Tags (XML) user. Though why not a HELP main menu then an ABOUT submenu, to typically show the program's name and of course importantly the Author.
Old 3rd January 2019, 14:44   #417  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi Wakaku

Yes, a HELP main item is also on my TODO list but with a very low priority. Is this main item important?

A question to you:
I saw your post here and then I thought a bit about cE's Matroska Tags editor to improve/implement some features.
Ideas:
1. Profiles: a kind of template
2. more multi editing
3. a general CLI support in cE or a new separate cECLI.exe

What do you think?

Last edited by hubblec4; 4th January 2019 at 13:37.
Old 4th January 2019, 08:00   #418  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

LONG post, my friends, but here goes...

Quote:
Yes, a HELP main item is also on my TODO list but with a very low priority. Is this main item important?
Not important but could be very convenient perhaps to casuals, or say de facto standard for programs to have one? Far back during Windows 3.1, I learned to click the... I think HELP or "H" main menu located separately at the far right side to get the Aurhor's name, program's name and version number for example. Thus to this day, I am accustomed to do so to get typical "help" contents there. If none, I look for accompanying text files, or vice versa.

So just keep it as low priority.

Quote:
1. Profiles: a kind of template
1. Profiles would be a nice addition. I used my own before for easy copy-paste, editing, etc., until Mp3tag was finally able to handle multiple Matroska files. After using it for quite some time, I realized it somewhat has it's own sort of template or arrangement. So I abandoned my old personal XML templates, and I just tag my MKV files with Mp3tag as ease, then just edit them inside with cE afterwards.

For example, Mp3tag enforces "ALBUM" to be "TITLE" and as "50" which I think was declared in the Matroska tagging specs site if I understood correctly. VLC player can read it as ALBUM correctly but MediaInfo has trouble reading it especially if the embedded XML tag has both TITLE (the ALBUM) and an actual TITLE (eg. title of the song or film or video). I think MediaInfo will display the TITLE that is placed lowest in the embedded XML file. So if it has three "TITLE"s of different values then the last one would be displayed. If the MKV has both a HEADER TITLE and an XML TITLE, then MediaInfo would display both separated with a slash (/). Thus that's one scenario where I often use the yellow star TagName fave button, to change it to ALBUM.

Also my old MKV files where I previously embedded my own XMLs, somewhat resulted to minor issues after multi- re-tagging with Mp3tag, thus cE is best used to correct those issues inside, no other GUI software can. Though such minor issues would not manifest if tagged by Mp3tag from the beginning.

Far back when I had only MKVToolNix to use, I had no choice but to extract my own embedded XML tags, edit them with a text editor one by one, then delete those previously embedded XML tags, then re-embed them after the corrections I made.

Back then I think MKVToolNix's behavior was to append below an existing XML tag any new ones inserted, thus a User might not realize just how many redundant tag entries are really inside. Only possible to tell if the User would extract those tags or with cE (another simple yet convenient and powerful ability). Of course my old XML templates were just probably non-standard to begin with.

Quote:
2. more multi editing
2. Do you mean the ability to tag multiple Matroska files at once, batch tagging? Then that's just magnificent, time-saver, convenient, and again powerful. I'm excited for the future for this TODO ability.

Quote:
3. a general CLI support in cE or a new separate cECLI.exe
3. I am ok at either a general cE CLI support and/or a new separate cECLI.exe. Though I favor the first route if it could be done.

Though isn't there already a separate CLI in the first page of this thread, named cECLI (rev0.01)?

For a new separate CLI route, that current short exe filename is already favorable. For example after repeated usage of youtube-dl.exe, I found it somewhat long to type and prone to typo. So I just made a symbolic link to it named "yyy.exe".
Old 4th January 2019, 21:30   #419  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Thus to this day, I am accustomed to do so to get typical "help" contents there. If none, I look for accompanying text files, or vice versa.
That is also right, a "Help" main menu item is almost ever present.
I thought for my small project is it not important but now it seems cE is used daily by some users.
I know cE should have more help/info/tutorials/etc. and this is also on my TODO list.
The plan is to add such a Help item with sub items like "About" and more.

Quote:
1. Profiles would be a nice addition. ....
OK, I think I will have a look to Mp3Tag and you could tell me more about your working chain.

Quote:
For example, Mp3tag enforces "ALBUM" to be "TITLE" and as "50" which I think was declared in the Matroska tagging specs site if I understood correctly. VLC player can read it as ALBUM correctly but MediaInfo has trouble reading it especially if the embedded XML tag has both TITLE (the ALBUM) and an actual TITLE (eg. title of the song or film or video). I think MediaInfo will display the TITLE that is placed lowest in the embedded XML file. So if it has three "TITLE"s of different values then the last one would be displayed. If the MKV has both a HEADER TITLE and an XML TITLE, then MediaInfo would display both separated with a slash (/). Thus that's one scenario where I often use the yellow star TagName fave button, to change it to ALBUM.

Also my old MKV files where I previously embedded my own XMLs, somewhat resulted to minor issues after multi- re-tagging with Mp3tag, thus cE is best used to correct those issues inside, no other GUI software can. Though such minor issues would not manifest if tagged by Mp3tag from the beginning.

Far back when I had only MKVToolNix to use, I had no choice but to extract my own embedded XML tags, edit them with a text editor one by one, then delete those previously embedded XML tags, then re-embed them after the corrections I made.

Back then I think MKVToolNix's behavior was to append below an existing XML tag any new ones inserted, thus a User might not realize just how many redundant tag entries are really inside. Only possible to tell if the User would extract those tags or with cE (another simple yet convenient and powerful ability). Of course my old XML templates were just probably non-standard to begin with.
Matroska Tags specs are not complete and will be never, therefor gets the Tags it's on section. New TagNames can be simple added later.
The Tags core specs are fine but every software can handle TagName/TagString and TargetType(Value) different.
You can have multiple Tags elements in a Matroska file (says the specs) but in practice only one Tags element is used.
For example you can add multiple Tags.xml files in the MKVToolNix-GUI (global, for each track) but in the final mkv there is only one Tags element
with all Tag(not Tags) elements form all xml files and the MTX-Stats-Tags tag elements.
Mkvpropedit can add or insert Tags depend on the flags. For this you should ask Mosu.

As I came to Matroska it was scary to edit xml files. Best software at this time was GDSmux a part of the HaaliSplitter and now I'm glad to see my cE helps other users.

Quote:
2. Do you mean the ability to tag multiple Matroska files at once, batch tagging? Then that's just magnificent, time-saver, convenient, and again powerful. I'm excited for the future for this TODO ability.
Yes, why not :-), but at first I have to code the Tags-Profiles.
An other option could be to change the TagName in all tabs and/or SimpleTags.
In short: all what you can change/set in a tab/tags is applied to all tabs/tags.

Quote:
3. I am ok at either a general cE CLI support and/or a new separate cECLI.exe. Though I favor the first route if it could be done.

Though isn't there already a separate CLI in the first page of this thread, named cECLI (rev0.01)?

For a new separate CLI route, that current short exe filename is already favorable. For example after repeated usage of youtube-dl.exe, I found it somewhat long to type and prone to typo. So I just made a symbolic link to it named "yyy.exe".
Yes it exists a separate cli exe, but named chapterEditorCLI.exe. But this code is also deprecated and to add new features could be problematic and also it uses the old online chapter database(which is not my own sql database).

A separate cli.exe is mostly the best, see other cli tools and also MKVToolNix but a GUI has also advantages.
To combine a cli part and GUI should not be the problem, but Windows handles this different as Linux.
BDSup2Sub++.exe(win): At the start of this program, a console is shown very short. This means you get any output of the program to this console when you use it with cli.
But I don't like this start behaviour. It is possible to deactivate the console and cli is still working but under Windows without an output (yes it is possible to start an extra console but this is for me too much).
You can also open a console and start from there cEcli, this should work(maybe).

Under Linux should work all fine out of the box says Lazarus but I have not much experience with Linux.(will take some time to learn it)
An other way is to have .dll files which can shared between cli part and GUI.
But as I asked in Lazarus forum the answer was this is not a good idea and I should use my Lazarus units to compile a GUI and cli part separately.

I prefer the following:
A cli support direct in cE. For Windows without the console (expect cE is started in a console(maybe)). For Linux the console should be available.
And when needed/ or I have time, I could compile a separate cli.exe (and then named cEcl.exe).

But at first I have to finish the Disc Title Profiles(60% ready).
Old 17th January 2019, 00:40   #420  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.12 is available.
Windows
Linux

Append files/folder/disc in the editors has been working for a long time
(drop into VST or right-click on the buttons in the file bar),
nevertheless, the corresponding main menu items were missing.

Disc Title Profiles:
To quickly set all the settings for the used tracks, title profiles can now be created.
Each profile has a name that can be changed. Only active tracks and their data are saved.

I decided against a profile mask, as this would have taken a lot more effort.
To create new profiles, you only have to configure the selected title as you would like it to be.
All active tracks and their data will then automatically become a new profile called "New Profile".
Thus, a title itself is the profile mask.
There are two ways to add a new profile, using the button and a hotkey.

When the title profiles are opened, a "small" title profile is automatically created and compared with all existing title profiles.
Again, the differences are again represented by means of small percent images.
For comparison, the number of active tracks and their order is crucial.
If a track has too few or too many active tracks than are stored in the profile, using the settings will still work.
If the order of the track types (Vid, Aud, Sub) is not identical to the saved profiles,
then the use of the settings will be interrupted as soon as the track types are different.

To even faster equip a list of titles (series disc) with the same settings,
the last used profile can be used again. A hotkey(Q) in the VST is available/adjustable.

Empty subtitles file:
Often there are forced subtitles, which are not present in some episodes.
For this I manually add an empty subtitle and this can now be done automatically.
The path to such an empty subtitle file is set separately in the DVD and BD settings.

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.12 2019-01-17
// chapterEditor
& 2 new main menu items: for the chapter editors(except converter) and Matroka Tags
   - Append file(s): global ShortCut init: CTRL + I
   - Append disc or folder: global ShortCut init: CTRL + ALT + I

// Disc2mkv editors
& Disc Title Profiles
  - Track name and language for all track types, for audio still the delay, for subtitles all 3 flags
  - only active tracks are used
  - Open with the button: Left-click = open only; Right-click = Add new profile; Middle-click = Apply last used profile
  - Open with Hotkeys (VST): CTRL + Q = open only; ALT + Q = Add new profile; Q = Apply last used profile (Settings)
  - Change profile name: with the button or in the edit field with the hotkey Enter (Settings)
  - Tracks information: easy overview for the track names and flags
  - Apply profile: double-click or right-click or hotkey ENTER (settings)
  - Delete profile: middle-click or hotkey DEL (settings)
  - Move profile
  - Automatic profile comparison: Current profile is compared with the existing profiles. Number and order of active tracks
  - Profile differences are displayed by percentage pictures

& Empty subtitle file
  - Path in the settings
  - Insert with the subtitle button: right-click
  - Insert with Hotkey (VST): init SHIFT + S
  - File is inserted as first subtitle track
  - Track name "empty" is set

// Matroska Tags
* last used folder/disc was not set in the folder dialog

Last edited by hubblec4; 17th January 2019 at 15:33.

Tags
bluray backup, chapter editor, dvd2mkv, matroska menu, metadata, multi-edition-mkv, xml tag