Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 10th June 2017, 12:02   #44061  |  Link
HillieSan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset1982 View Post
Is anyone here running a gtx1050ti for upscaling 1080p24 to 4k?

I consider buying a new gtx1050ti (4gb) or 1060 (6gb) for upscaling 1080p24 to my uhd tv. I wonder if it has enough power using ngu high for luma and ngu aa mid for chroma...
What is wrong with your RX 480?
HillieSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 16:09   #44062  |  Link
Sunset1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_OS View Post
GTX 1060 3Gb, 1080p doubling, NGU AA med + NGU Sharp high = 20.6..21.00ms
For 1080p60 -> WQHD I use sXBR 125 + NGU Sharp med.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylaiyee View Post
I'm using a 1050 2gb and upscaling 1080p to 2160p with luma ngu high chroma superxbr 200% without any issue. Averaging around 28ms.
good to know, thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillieSan View Post
What is wrong with your RX 480?
Got HDMI connection errors sometimes during movies and getting black screen video, while audio still works. Got a friend having same problems. So I put the rx480 into my gaming pc.
Old 10th June 2017, 16:36   #44063  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Got HDMI connection errors sometimes during movies and getting black screen video, while audio still works. Got a friend having same problems. So I put the rx480 into my gaming pc.
had the same problem and AMD was playing on time.
that's the only reason i had to replace it.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 20:11   #44064  |  Link
mzso

Hi!

How good is madVR's deinterlacing considered? Becuse I see a lot of combing artifacts. And I'm not sure whether it's working correctly or not. (madvr shows "deinterlacing on")

Last edited by mzso; 10th June 2017 at 21:57.
mzso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 21:37   #44065  |  Link
huhn

video mode deinterlancing is DXVA deinterlancing.
film mode deinterlancing is a field match algorithm that can do more you will get combing with it if you run it on true interlanced content.

make sure your GPU queues are at least at 8.
Old 10th June 2017, 22:40   #44066  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
video mode deinterlancing is DXVA deinterlancing.
film mode deinterlancing is a field match algorithm that can do more you will get combing with it if you run it on true interlanced content.

I get quite severe combing with forced video mode. Meanwhile with LAV's HW deinterlacer I see none. Is it that much superior?
Old 10th June 2017, 22:59   #44067  |  Link
huhn

it should be the same can you make a screen of the OSD?
Old 11th June 2017, 00:46   #44068  |  Link
AbbeKoenig

Unstable display rate?

This is my setup:

Asus GL702VM (nVidia GTX1060, 75Hz G-Sync), latest stable builds of MPC-HC, madVR, LAV filters and assFilterMod, all 64bit where available.

I am having a slightly funny problem of unstable display rate. I'm talking about the "display" line when one presses Control-J while playing a file.

The composition rate stays at 75.00-something Hz while the display rate fluctuates around 74.8-something Hz, but never hits 75 Hz. After a rather significant amount of time - mostly after about an hour into a movie because I don't notice this when playing 24-minute anime episodes - the display rate sharply drops to 40.00-something Hz, then slowly climbs back up to 66.3-something Hz. This all happens without any visible effects or any increase in the dropped frames/display glitches counters. Interestingly the clock deviation statistic does not seem to change along with the display rate change. I am not using ReClock.

This does not seem to happen in windowed mode, however both fullscreen exclusive and non-exclusive is plagued with this problem. In windowed mode, display rate is at a steady 75.00-something Hz and never dips below 75 Hz.

Even though there don't seem to be any visual effects related to this, I'm still rather bothered by this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
AbbeKoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 01:32   #44069  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
it should be the same can you make a screen of the OSD?
Why? I already told you deinterlacing is on.
Anyway here it is:
Old 11th June 2017, 01:42   #44070  |  Link
huhn

because the OSD is a powerful tool.

first of all deinterlancing is on but not used. why i don't know.
so i have to ask more things. what GPU and driver is used.

the next odd thing is the input file it is just NV12. is ffdshow or something like this min the filter list? a copy of the filter list may help.

a sample would help but i guess this is a totally normal DVB mpeg2 or h264 PAL stream right?

@AbbeKoenig
a blind guess from me try to disable g-sync if active.
Old 11th June 2017, 03:50   #44071  |  Link
AngelGraves13

If using LAV, set it to Aggressive so it can turn on for any interlaced video stream, instead of relying on flags.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 04:11   #44072  |  Link
AbbeKoenig

Quote:
@AbbeKoenig
a blind guess from me try to disable g-sync if active.
Roger, but I thought as per https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...16#post1271416 , madVR doesn't use G-Sync?
AbbeKoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 04:32   #44073  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeKoenig View Post
Roger, but I thought as per https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...16#post1271416 , madVR doesn't use G-Sync?
No, G-Sync does not mix well with madVR. You need to turn it off, at least for your media player (add it to Program Settings and set Monitor Technology to Fixed Refresh, under Manage 3D Settings). G-Sync gets very confused and you get random drifting refresh rates with terrible judder as it drifts around.

Last edited by Asmodian; 11th June 2017 at 04:36.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 09:11   #44074  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
because the OSD is a powerful tool.

first of all deinterlancing is on but not used. why i don't know.
so i have to ask more things. what GPU and driver is used.

the next odd thing is the input file it is just NV12. is ffdshow or something like this min the filter list? a copy of the filter list may help.

a sample would help but i guess this is a totally normal DVB mpeg2 or h264 PAL stream right?
A GTS450. I have LAV A/V codecs set in ProgDVB. (I see no way to control the splitter, and I can't tell what is used).

I just realized that deinterlacing does work at startup, but only as long as I don't switch to another channel.
Old 11th June 2017, 11:29   #44075  |  Link
e-t172

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeKoenig View Post
The composition rate stays at 75.00-something Hz while the display rate fluctuates around 74.8-something Hz, but never hits 75 Hz. After a rather significant amount of time - mostly after about an hour into a movie because I don't notice this when playing 24-minute anime episodes - the display rate sharply drops to 40.00-something Hz, then slowly climbs back up to 66.3-something Hz. This all happens without any visible effects or any increase in the dropped frames/display glitches counters. Interestingly the clock deviation statistic does not seem to change along with the display rate change. I am not using ReClock.
Lowering display refresh rate is a fairly common power management feature of laptop GPUs. Try to disable power management options in your GPU drivers. If you have an Optimus system (Intel + nVidia combined), you might have more luck looking into the Intel GPU driver options.
e-t172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 12:12   #44076  |  Link
HillieSan

Quote:
I experience this problem with my TV when the data rate is too high for the cable. This is why AMD added a cable check in their latest drivers. A good cable solves the problem, or stay within the bandwidth of the cable. I had same issue with my Pioneer DVD player in the past. A new cable fixed the problem. The problem starts over again with 4K via older HDMI cables. Anyway, I have no issues with my XFX RX 480.
HillieSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 12:56   #44077  |  Link
Siso

Quote:
What queues would you recommend for gtx 1050ti 4gb?
Siso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 13:13   #44078  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillieSan View Post
I experience this problem with my TV when the data rate is too high for the cable. This is why AMD added a cable check in their latest drivers. A good cable solves the problem, or stay within the bandwidth of the cable. I had same issue with my Pioneer DVD player in the past. A new cable fixed the problem. The problem starts over again with 4K via older HDMI cables. Anyway, I have no issues with my XFX RX 480.
doesn't make any sense the data rate never changes.
the cable check is uesless i even talk to AMD and ask them why this check doesn't do anything and they didn't even know what this thing does. depending on the driver used you will never get the image back until you unplug it. there is something big broken.

and most important why doesn't this happen with nvidia. is there signal better so it works on older cables constantly? i'm through 5 cables and a PS4 pro sending the same type of signal using an AMD GPU with no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
A GTS450. I have LAV A/V codecs set in ProgDVB. (I see no way to control the splitter, and I can't tell what is used).

I just realized that deinterlacing does work at startup, but only as long as I don't switch to another channel.
sounds like a bug to me but not sure where.
you should be able to force deinterlancing with control+shift+alt+d
better than nothing i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siso View Post
What queues would you recommend for gtx 1050ti 4gb?
defaults should be fine.

Last edited by huhn; 11th June 2017 at 13:16.
Old 11th June 2017, 13:30   #44079  |  Link
YxP

I'd like to revive the conversation about the noise NGU generates in GPU, at least in my 1060. This weird ticking/clicking noise? I'm not complaining or hoping for a software fix, but as a phenomenon it feels very curious. I thought it was just a power issue, but running NNEDI256 doesn't cause that sound. Did we ever find a reasonable explanation? At NGU high the sound is basically inaudible and I'll just bump up other madvr goodies to compensate But still, it's facinating.
YxP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 13:41   #44080  |  Link
cork_OS

I suspect NGU produce GPU load in somewhat unusual way. Like extremely throbbing load, high load of specific GPU blocks or something like that.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling