Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 8th November 2007, 04:03   #181  |  Link
MoFoQ

@EAC3 capable ffmpeg: that's cool!

ok...so..how do I use it in avisynth?
MoFoQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 14:57   #182  |  Link
Wilbert

1) Get ffmpeg_eac3_mlp_rev10905.7z from http://kurtnoise.free.fr/index.php?dir=misc/, and put it in AviSynth plugin folder.
2) Get FFmpegSource-1.13.rar from the first post in this thread and put all the dlls (except ffmpegsource.dll which is an AviSynth plugin, this one is the same as above except for the MLP/TrueHD/E-AC3 decoding support) in your system folder.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 20:51   #183  |  Link
Yobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post
1) Get ffmpeg_eac3_mlp_rev10905.7z from http://kurtnoise.free.fr/index.php?dir=misc/, and put it in AviSynth plugin folder.
This .7z file contains ffmpeg.exe? Do I put this is my Avisynth folder? Or in Plugins subfolder? Or?
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 21:01   #184  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

If you need *only* the avisynth stuff, the FFmpegSource package is sufficient. No need to grab FFmpeg...

Yes, FFmpegSource must be in your Avisynth plugins folder unless you want to use some LoadPlugin(...).

At last, neither FFmpegSource nor FFmpeg require some dlls to work for.
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 22:27   #185  |  Link
MoFoQ

ok updated...I got the avisynth ffmpegsource plugin to work...unfortunately, it doesn't seem to want to work with the eac3 file I want to convert.
with the standalone, it would start to convert but will hang at around 9000+ frames (roughly 1:30 into the clip).
the avisynth version will not even start though it doesn't complain about the plugin.
is there something I can do to help debug?
MoFoQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 12:13   #186  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

what kind of script did you use ?
Old 26th November 2007, 22:41   #187  |  Link
TrueIndigo

Iím having a sound problem playing an avs file in VirtualDubMod using ffmpegsource to reference an avi. The picture plays ok, but there is no sound (checking VirtualDubModís properties of the avs file shows there is no audio information), though playing the avi directly in VirtualDubMod proves the avi itself has sound. The file type is XviD mpeg-4 avi, and the simple test script is shown below:

LoadPlugin("c:\Program Files\Avisynth 2.5\Plugins\FFMpegSource.dll")

ffmpegSource("d:\Video tests\Avisynth -- 4\v1h2-1-1.avi")

Iím not sure if my script is incomplete, my location of ffmpegsource is wrong*, or I donít have a suitable sound plugin which Avisynth needs. In the folder containing the avs and avi, the ffv0cache file (video) has been created but no audio cache file.

This is the first time Iíve used ffmpegsource, and Iím still a newbie with Avisynth itself, so any help is gratefully accepted. Many thanks.

*Although some advice on this thread suggests putting files in system32, and the main dll in Avisynthís plugins folder, I read the html page which comes with the unzipped ffmpegsource files, and this says you can put all the files in the Avisynth plugins folder. I elected to do this - donít know if it has a bearing on my sound problem.
TrueIndigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 22:59   #188  |  Link
Wilbert

I think you need to use:

Code:
FFAudioSource("D:\move.avi", atrack=-1)
to get the audio track.
Old 27th November 2007, 20:01   #189  |  Link
TrueIndigo

Wilbert -- thanks. I tried your suggestion but it still didnít work, however putting your code inside the brackets did work, as shown below:

LoadPlugin("c:\Program Files\Avisynth 2.5\Plugins\FFMpegSource.dll")

ffmpegSource("d:\Video tests\Avisynth -- 4\v1h2-1-1.avi", atrack=-1)

So now I have sound, but I noticed it is not in sync. It does not appear to be an accumulation of sync loss, but is constantly out throughout the clip (it looked "early", and at the end the sound finishes just before the imagery stops). Am I doing something wrong; is this a known problem; is there a fix? I tried the same avi file using AviSource and there was no sync problem.
Old 27th November 2007, 21:26   #190  |  Link
ficofico

I'm trying to do a bad work

I've seen that using ffmpegsource it's possible to print a timecode v2 , and after process my mp4 file trough avisynth and x264, I've found that using tc2mp4 it's possible to paste the timecode into the new mp4 file.
Now I want to do more..... I usually double framerate of this vfr video using avisynth script and mediainfo framerate, but obviously video isn't in sync with audio for all the frame, because the framerate it's vfr. If I first encode my vfr video with "Super" to cfr framerate , using my program that doubleframerate I have no trouble, but it's not an elegant way to do batch procesing. My question is:

Is there a way to use this ffmpegsource timecode file for processing vfr video doubling the framerate maintaining audio - video synch ? also using 2 pass or 3 pass ecc ecc....
ficofico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 00:16   #191  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

ficofico, if you strictly double, then all you need to do is interpolate a new timestamp halfway between each existing one in the file. And one more at the end for good measure. When you remux it should be in sync.

TrueIndigo, you'll probably have to use avisynth's built in audio delay function, I guess ffmpegsource doesn't look at that yet.
Old 28th November 2007, 19:05   #192  |  Link
cweb

Is it possible to get ffmpeg to do a video resize when ffmpegsource calls it?
Because I've got an flv which is 320x239 and I want to open in in avisynth resized to 320x240. directshowsource is giving me a CAVIstreamerror when I try to open it that way, so I tried ffmpegsource instead, but I got an error that the video is the wrong size...
Old 28th November 2007, 19:13   #193  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
Because I've got an flv which is 320x239 and I want to open in in avisynth resized to 320x240. directshowsource is giving me a CAVIstreamerror when I try to open it that way, so I tried ffmpegsource instead, but I got an error that the video is the wrong size...
I guess it tries to open it as YV12, which is not possible (height should be even). Use DirectShowSource with pixel_type="YUY2" (or 'RGB") to force it to open it as YUY2.
Old 28th November 2007, 19:27   #194  |  Link
cweb

Quote:
I guess it tries to open it as YV12, which is not possible (height should be even). Use DirectShowSource with pixel_type="YUY2" (or 'RGB") to force it to open it as YUY2.
BTW I have ffdshow to do a resize to 320x240 at the moment to get it to load but still..

With the other stuff in the script to resize and improve it a bit (usual stuff from the forums) I was getting a memory access error most of the time too.

That's what's happening. Thanks.
I found a workaround, I just opened it with directshowsource with no other processing in the script and encoded it to huffy. Now I can open the huffy avi with ffmpegsource or avisource and do the processing I wanted to do...

I tried, just for fun, opening with directshowsource with pixel_type="yuy2", with the same stuff in the script, plus a lanczosresize to 320x240. Well first it crashed with a memory access error in Virtualdub, then the next time it worked.

Ok the good thing is I found the workaround...
Old 28th November 2007, 19:28   #195  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Upload the video or a part of it to ftp://upload:upload@mellbin.org and I will look at it. Should at least be possible to pad yv12 to even widths and heights and let the user crop away the junk if necessary.
Old 28th November 2007, 20:08   #196  |  Link
cweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
Upload the video or a part of it to ftp://upload:upload@mellbin.org and I will look at it. Should at least be possible to pad yv12 to even widths and heights and let the user crop away the junk if necessary.
Done.. thanks.
Old 28th November 2007, 21:55   #197  |  Link
Wilbert

I saw that MLP/TrueHD is added to the SVN:

http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/

I hope that there will be a new build
Old 29th November 2007, 09:10   #198  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

There will be as soon as I finish the cache stuff for ffaudiosource which will probably be this weekend.
Old 29th November 2007, 09:49   #199  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
I saw that MLP/TrueHD is added to the SVN:

http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/

I hope that there will be a new build
only the parser...the decoder is still in review.
Old 29th November 2007, 20:11   #200  |  Link
TrueIndigo

Foxyshadis -- thanks for the help. I must look into how I would script audio delay, and if there is any way the delay factor can be accurately gauged (rather than just my estimate). My original query came from a test sourcing an mpeg-4 avi. I have since tried a Huffyuv avi but the "early" sound sync loss was exactly the same with this test as well. I had wondered if it might have been some obscure mpeg-4 issue (even though inside an avi container), but it appears not.
Thanks.