Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 1st September 2010, 10:35   #61  |  Link
pistacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecleaner View Post
Yes, the subtitles on the source are in normal size, whereas the backed-up ones are tiny. I also tried multiple discs to see if it was just on the first one, but it was the same on all I tested.
I think the problem you have on the player. PGS subtitle track of the Blu-Ray is the same after the conversion (remains untouched) and only remux it.

Test:

- Play the conversion in other player.
- Play the source Blu-Ray in the same player that conversion.

Last edited by pistacho; 5th February 2011 at 13:39.
pistacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 10:39   #62  |  Link
pistacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliocentric View Post
Would be nice to have the option , specially if you want to view the resulting file on a program that doesn't support bluray forced subs.

Thanks
yes but...resulting file is AVCHD compliant and AVCHD format support forced PGS subs?

It is assumed that the player also plays AVCHD format such as standard hardware Blu-Ray player, PS3, or software Arcsoft TMT, MPC-HC... all plays forced subtitles without problems

Old 1st September 2010, 11:54   #63  |  Link
zecleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistacho View Post
I think the problem you have on the player. PGS subtitle track of the Blu-Ray is the same after the conversion (remains untouched) and only remux it.

Test:

- Play the conversion in other player.
- Play the source Blu-Ray in the same player that conversion.
Hmm, that's weird. I use the PS3 and also checked on the PC with VLC.
zecleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 13:05   #64  |  Link
heliocentric

Quote:
yes but...resulting file is AVCHD compliant and AVCHD format support forced PGS subs…

It is assumed that the player also plays AVCHD format such as standard hardware Blu-Ray player, PS3, or software Arcsoft TMT, MPC-HC... all plays forced subtitles without problems
i have a mac no such luxury
heliocentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 03:48   #65  |  Link
hoju3508

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistacho
The video or file is corrupted (or missing a piece)
I watched the movie and it's very pixelated. It appears that this encode is no good .
hoju3508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 22:43   #66  |  Link
Wildfire

A reboot did fix it, but still it's strange... any idea what went wrong? BDtoAVCHD didn't work properly today - the screen was messed up. See the image below. The repair function did not fix it, neither did uninstalling and installing it again. A reboot was the cure. As long as it works, I'm glad, but I'd still like to know what could have caused something like this.

Last edited by Wildfire; 8th September 2010 at 22:54.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 10:25   #67  |  Link
pistacho

New version 1.1.5 is out!
First post is updated.

@ Wildfire:

The truth is that it is the first time I see it . If you happen only once do not give importance (windows does strange things sometimes...)

Old 13th September 2010, 12:49   #68  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
New version 1.1.5 is out!
First post is updated.
Thanks for the new version, I'll update immediately.

Quote:
@ Wildfire:

The truth is that it is the first time I see it . If you happen only once do not give importance (windows does strange things sometimes...)
I just mentioned it on the off chance someone else had experienced this too. Should it happen again, I'll check to see if other programs are experiencing it too. Might be some common cause to be found
Old 22nd September 2010, 03:40   #69  |  Link
8ternity

Hi Pistachio,

I not seen any answer to my suggestion about encode multi subtitles options. Did my suggestion is a constructive suggestion and can be installed on a futur update?

Thanks! I like your software!!
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:21   #70  |  Link
Vertigooo

Hi Pistacho

I am very interested to backup BD main movies to BD25 and have tested a few softwares accordingly (Ripbot 264, AVCHDcoder, BDRebuilder, MultiAVCHD and BDtoAVCHD) and BDtoAVCHD is the best I have found for my own needs.

Why?

Very easy GUI
Very good management of VBR Audio files (with Scan Bitrate ! Very good idea to implement that option for calculating precisely the output video bitrates)
Manual tuning allowed for output video bitrates
HD Audio can be left untouched
Tweaking of X264 with standard presets
No need to wait for ending the "demuxing" process before defining the output parameters
No need for codec as avisynth, ffdshow and haali media splitter
1st process seems not to be "demuxing" but only "indexation" (at least 2x faster)
--weightp 2 as an option
x264 allowed in x64 mode

All these together in only one GUI

It's a VERY GOOD job

A question : what happens if normal subtitles and forced subtitles are in different tracks and I select the normal subtitle track for output, is the forced track also selected by default?
If not , it could be interesting to have it included by default

I suggest the following future improvements (and I will really appreciate them) :

-Selection of multiple subtitle tracks (at least for normal subtitles and forced subtitles tracks)
-X264 options for animations (--tune animation)
-Some tweaks for x264 (compatible with bluray specs) allowing to tune the standard presets (like --deblock (between -2 and +2) --me (hex and umh) --subme (between 6 and 9) -merange (16 and 24) --trellis (1 and 2) --psy-rd --partitions all --direct auto)

-selection of multiple audio tracks (even if I don't really need it but others can be very interested)

and...possibility for donation...it's worth

A small "bug" (not annoying) : my selected preferred audio and subtitle tracks are french and english comes first in the BDtoAVCHD window at opening "2012" folder (french comes first for other Blurays)

Thanx for the work done so far
Old 25th September 2010, 15:49   #71  |  Link
pistacho

@ Vertigooo:

Many thanks for the good feedback. It has helped me to take interesting ideas.

Some things will be ready in the next version:

Other things will have to wait longer...

@ Vertigooo & 8ternity:

Multiple audio and subtitle tracks are the things I have no plans to implement now. But maybe in the future...

Old 26th September 2010, 11:10   #72  |  Link
Vertigooo

Hi Pistacho
Thank you for these very interesting additional settings.
Perhaps another possible improvement for the future.
Some films have an alternative end.
In some cases, there are two m2ts files with very close durations.
For example, for "I Am A Legend", 00051.m2ts lasting 1:43:54 and 00000.m2ts lasting 1:40:32. 00051.mts is the alternative end. BDtoAVCHD displays only the longest duration (00051.m2ts). As in HD-DVD/Blu-ray Stream Extractor (GUI for eac3to), it might be useful to leave the choice between both m2ts files. In my case, I prefer the normal end and so I have to select 00000.m2ts separately.
Thank you again for building BDtoAVCHD
Old 26th September 2010, 17:17   #73  |  Link
pistacho

New version 1.2.0:
  • New: "Advanced Options" dialog. Can set x264 standar tune options (film, animation, grain, stillimage, psnr, ssim, fastdecode) and add custom command line parameters.
  • New: "Please wait..." message while the program scans the BD structure.
  • Fixed: crash when opening massive seamless branching Blu-Ray?s (workaround for BD Prince of Persia).
  • x264 updated to version r1724.
  • Small fixes and general improvements.
  • Warning: the saved jobs queued with earlier versions are not compatible with this version.

First post is updated

Last edited by pistacho; 5th February 2011 at 13:40.
Old 27th September 2010, 20:22   #74  |  Link
pistacho

@ Vertigooo:

I'll look if I can implement when I see a BD with this peculiarity. Normally when there are multiple versions of the film uses the system "seamless branching". In this case it lets you choose which version to convert.

I suppose in the case referred (I Am a Legend) is the entire movie twice in two different m2ts. But it is not very common.

Old 27th September 2010, 21:59   #75  |  Link
Wildfire

Thanks for the new version. In the changelog, I noticed this:

Quote:
Fixed: crash when opening massive seamless branching Blu-Ray’s (workaround for BD Prince of Persia).
I converted the Prince of Persia Blu-ray to AVCHD using BDtoAVCDHD 1.1.5, I experienced no problems. Perhaps because I was working off an ISO I made using AnyDVD HD?
Old 29th September 2010, 09:58   #76  |  Link
pistacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
Thanks for the new version. In the changelog, I noticed this:

I converted the Prince of Persia Blu-ray to AVCHD using BDtoAVCDHD 1.1.5, I experienced no problems. Perhaps because I was working off an ISO I made using AnyDVD HD?

The problem occurred with the full Blu-Ray (zone B/2). The tested version contains 2063 files and produced a buffer overflow. There may be a version with less extra or other cut???

Old 29th September 2010, 20:50   #77  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
The problem occurred with the full Blu-Ray (zone B/2). The tested version contains 2063 files and produced a buffer overflow. There may be a version with less extra or other cut???
Hmmm, I have the retail region B Blu-ray. If I don't forget, tomorrow I'll check if it's some kind of special edition, although this was the only version on sale in the store. I assume it's the version other stores here in the Netherlands also have.
Old 6th October 2010, 08:40   #78  |  Link
mbc0

Thank you for a superb product! I use slow as my setting & it is an 8 hour process on a Quad Core Q6600 with 16GB RAM so quite a good time.....Can I ask if it will ever be possible to copy multiple audio streams at all?

Thanks Again :-)
mbc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 05:43   #79  |  Link
pkho

I keep getting Error Unable to read BD structure using Open BD Folder either from original disc or HD. I use AnydvdHD to rip to folder in a straight forward way. I have no problem using TMT to playback or BDRB to access those folders. I wonder what have gone wrong.
pkho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 20:48   #80  |  Link
Vertigooo

I have tested the 1.2.0 version making only backup to BD-R 25GB and it works fine. Never get a real problem.
Bitrates calculation for video is really perfect even with DTS-HD MA audio. 20 MB free on the BD-R before burning !!!!
That means that 99.9% of the BD-R is used.

I made some suggestions for improvements in the past and hope Pistacho will take some of them in consideration.
Maybe another one : an option for automatic shutdown of the computer at the end of the mux process. Just because I used to sleep at 2.00 AM.

pkho : be aware that such event could happen if you have a cracked version of AnyDVD HD. Try another encrypted Bluray. Try also a homemade bluray (family movie : not encrypted). You will directly see if the problem comes from AnyDVD HD.

Tags
avchd, bdtoavchd, blu-ray ripper, m2ts, ps3