Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 14th October 2010, 20:58   #81  |  Link
Vertigooo

pkho : it could also happen if you don't have the last version of anyDVD HD trying to open a very recent BD
Old 14th October 2010, 21:27   #82  |  Link
Vertigooo

Here are my settings for backup to BD25 with recompression :

for movies : speed vs quality (preset) : slower, tune : film and --merange 24 as additional parameter. Video bitrate is generally calculated between 14000 and 20000

for animations : speed vs quality : slower, tune : animation, --merange 24 --bframes 3 --ref 4 and --trellis 0 as additional parameters.

Tune animation introduces higher bframes number and higher ref number (with preset slower) and I suspect it is not compatible with Bluray Spec (not tested). I correct it with --brames 3 and --ref 4.

In both cases, the result is perfect. Impossible to see any difference with the original BD even using the pause function and freezing frames
Old 19th October 2010, 18:00   #83  |  Link
pistacho

New version 1.2.1

Changelog
  • New: "Shut down computer when finished" option. Activating this option shuts down computer when finish all jobs in queue.
  • New: It takes into account events WM_QUERYENDSESSION and WM_ENDSESSION so Windows can tell the program that should stop the conversion to restart/shutdown the computer. You can continue the conversion without repeating the steps already completed.
  • Fixed: flickering in some interlaced video sources. Now command --demuxer "lavf" is used in these sources.
  • x264 updated to version r1732.
  • Small fixes and general improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigooo View Post
Maybe another one : an option for automatic shutdown of the computer at the end of the mux process. Just because I used to sleep at 2.00 AM.
It happened because he had begun to do so before reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigooo View Post
pkho : be aware that such event could happen if you have a cracked version of AnyDVD HD. Try another encrypted Bluray. Try also a homemade bluray (family movie : not encrypted). You will directly see if the problem comes from AnyDVD HD.
I also think it should be a problem with AnyDVD HD/encryption...

Last edited by pistacho; 5th February 2011 at 13:41.
pistacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 00:59   #84  |  Link
thewonderer

Haven't tried this out yet, but look like a great program

I wondered if you will also allow reading of .ISO images in a future release? Would be very useful
thewonderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 06:13   #85  |  Link
thewonderer

Hmm, think i may have found a bug.

I was encoding a movie, but decided to stop it.

I reconfigured the encode and tried to delete the original one. I cannot remove it.

Re-started program, highlighted stopped encode and still do not have a option to delete it.
Old 20th October 2010, 20:09   #86  |  Link
Vertigooo

The wonderer : it seems it is a small bug : restart, cancel and then delete the job

Hi Pistacho

It seems that you don't sleep at 2.00 AM
Once again thanks for the improvement mainly the shutdown after finishing the jobs in queue.

There is still something annoying for me (probably also for others)

Managing forced subtitles with Bluray ripping softwares is generally realized following 2 different methods:

1) Either the forced subtitles are in the main subtitle file which includes some forced captions (we can check it in the log file created by the HD DVD Bluray Stream Extractor software or by opening the .sup file with BDSuptoSub and identifying some forced captions in it).

BDtoAVCHD can easily manage that by selecting (option: "selected" in target subtitle) the main subtitle track

2) Or the forced subtitles file is a separate .sup file (with small size and very low bitrate) but no forced captions

BDtoAVCHD can also easily manage that by selecting and forcing (option : "selected forced") this small .sup file. We can check it with BDedit controlling the corresponding command in the movieobject.bdmv file (something like 51C00001 0000C001)

BUT when using the second method it is impossible to add a second sub track, for example to add the normal subtitles (I mean the forced and non forced subtitles together) because BDtoAVCHD is not able to manage more than one .sup file.

The solution is to use TsMuxer for adding the second sub track but TsMuxer CANCELS any forced sub track in the movieobject.bdmv file. It is thus necessary to use an additional small and easy tool I found on the Web (called “correctBD.exe”) to force once again the small sized sub track including the forced subtitles.

All this is quite annoying.

Conclusion : it would be very interesting that BDtoAVCHD is able to include more than one subtitle tracks in the output .m2ts file and is able to force only one of them by modifying the movieobject.bdmv file.

Maybe you have already been working on that
Old 22nd October 2010, 21:34   #87  |  Link
proper88

bug report

Hi pistacho,

another small bug
when a choose in the settings menu preferred audio language to german, the main windows always select englisch

maybe you can add the feature to open iso file directly

your software is great, very ease to use !

//proper88
proper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 12:49   #88  |  Link
Vertigooo

Hello Pistacho

I have got the same problem with french. It is a very small bug...solved with 2 clicks...
Other softs use "fre" and "fra" as iso codes for french and don't seem to have the problems. Maybe it is the cause but I don't know.

I don't need any menus, intros,... and BDtoAVCHD is the best for movie only backup .... but please don't forget the multiple subtitle tracks....
Old 30th October 2010, 11:58   #89  |  Link
usak

Hello pistacho nice program from spanish programmer !

I like to know if was posible to run this program in WINE 1.2 under MAC OSX.

I work very good whith others like, DVDfab.

but your program don´t go ,this came solve ?

thanks !

Last edited by usak; 30th October 2010 at 13:24.
usak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 12:18   #90  |  Link
usak

please explain how to use :

"Advanced Options" dialog. Can set x264 standar tune options (film, animation, grain, stillimage, psnr, ssim, fastdecode) and add custom command line parameters.

for example "grain option" need more parameters or some ?

grain option like default got the best results at veryslow option,to get the graining of the original film ? ,im lost on this .

thanks !

Last edited by usak; 30th October 2010 at 13:24.
usak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 10:11   #91  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

The tuning is just a specific option in the X264 commandline that tweak specific video options such as PSY and AQ optimizations. You can view the documentations for all of these options under x264's help dialog under the "--tune" option.
Old 4th November 2010, 15:16   #92  |  Link
doc_dvxm
HD Encod3r

Hi there.. Thanx for your hard work pistacho

I want to say that I'll test your program to create a BD25 discs from BD50 sources. I am planning to take the necessary for me video & audio tracks ( english (or main) DTSHD-MA + my native languages audio tracks) + subs (english (or main) + my languages sub track) and to cut the all of other unnecessary for me parts of this BD50 sources.

Can we have a chance to add on the main screen the second audio & subs language row? (like main audio & subs language row)

I know that I can do it with TsMuxer + eac3to, but your software seems to be more simple for all of that?

Thanx in advance...

doc
Old 5th November 2010, 21:36   #93  |  Link
Wildfire

Subtitles come out too small with BDtoAVCHD. At least, they did with two MKVs I converted to AVCHD. The subtitles were embedded in the original MKVs. As there are no options in BDtoAVCHD to control subtitles, I wonder how I can fix this problem...

-- Edit: that's with BDtoAVCHD v1.2.1, so it's the latest version. Some info about the MKV I tried encoding and which came out with too small subtitles (most people would need a spyglass to be able to read them ). Extracted with MediaInfo.

General
Complete name : E:\Movies\HD Movies\Knight and Day\Knight and Day (2010) 1080P.X264.NL.SUBBED.Bradje.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 11.2 GiB
Duration : 1h 49mn
Overall bit rate : 14.7 Mbps
Movie name : Knight and Day (2010) 1080P.X264.NL.SUBBED.Bradje
Encoded date : UTC 2010-11-01 15:52:20
Writing application : mkvmerge v3.3.0 ('Language') built on Mar 24 2010 14:59:24
Writing library : libebml v0.8.0 + libmatroska v0.9.0

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 12.5 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 800 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.340
Stream size : 9.35 GiB (83%)
Title : x264
Writing library : x264 core 102 r1666 d058f37
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.10:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=48 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=2 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=6 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=12515 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.70 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=50000 / vbv_bufsize=50000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.90 / nal_hrd=none
Language : English

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 501 MiB (4%)
Title : AC3

Audio #2
ID : 3
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Stream size : 1.15 GiB (10%)
Title : DTS

Text #1
ID : 4
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Title : Subtitles
Language : Dutch

Text #2
ID : 5
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Title : Subtitles

Menu
00:00:00.000 : en:Video Start
00:05:00.000 : en:Chapter 1 - 00 Hr 05 Min
00:10:00.000 : en:Chapter 2 - 00 Hr 10 Min
00:15:00.000 : en:Chapter 3 - 00 Hr 15 Min
00:20:00.000 : en:Chapter 4 - 00 Hr 20 Min
00:25:00.000 : en:Chapter 5 - 00 Hr 25 Min
00:30:00.000 : en:Chapter 6 - 00 Hr 30 Min
00:35:00.000 : en:Chapter 7 - 00 Hr 35 Min
00:40:00.000 : en:Chapter 8 - 00 Hr 40 Min
00:45:00.000 : en:Chapter 9 - 00 Hr 45 Min
00:50:00.000 : en:Chapter 10 - 00 Hr 50 Min
00:55:00.000 : en:Chapter 11 - 00 Hr 55 Min
01:00:00.000 : en:Chapter 12 - 01 Hr 00 Min
01:05:00.000 : en:Chapter 13 - 01 Hr 05 Min
01:10:00.000 : en:Chapter 14 - 01 Hr 10 Min
01:15:00.000 : en:Chapter 15 - 01 Hr 15 Min
01:20:00.000 : en:Chapter 16 - 01 Hr 20 Min
01:25:00.000 : en:Chapter 17 - 01 Hr 25 Min
01:30:00.000 : en:Chapter 18 - 01 Hr 30 Min
01:35:00.000 : en:Chapter 19 - 01 Hr 35 Min
01:40:00.000 : en:Chapter 20 - 01 Hr 40 Min
01:45:00.000 : en:Chapter 21 - 01 Hr 45 Min

Last edited by Wildfire; 6th November 2010 at 10:15.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 11:11   #94  |  Link
pistacho

New version 1.2.2 Fixes small bugs reported here.

Thank you all for commenting on bugs and possible improvements

Changelog
  • New: "Play sound when finish a job" option.
  • Improved: The languages that use two ISO codes are detected with any of them (fre/fra, ger/deu, ...). To be effective must be re-set preferences.
  • Improved: now stopped jobs can be removed from the queue without having to Start > Cancel.
  • x264 updated to version r1745.

Lately I have not much free time but I keep reading the comments...
Old 7th November 2010, 11:15   #95  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistacho View Post
New version 1.2.2 Fixes small bugs reported here.

Thank you all for commenting on bugs and possible improvements

Changelog
  • New: "Play sound when finish a job" option.
  • Improved: The languages that use two ISO codes are detected with any of them (fre/fra, ger/deu, ...). To be effective must be re-set preferences.
  • Improved: now stopped jobs can be removed from the queue without having to Start > Cancel.
  • x264 updated to version r1745.

Lately I have not much free time but I keep reading the comments...
Thanks for the new version, but it seems I'll have to stop using BDtoAVCHD as long as it creates very small subs.

In the meantime, I'll try and see if AVCHDCoder is any good. I'm currently trying it on the MKV which BDtoAVCHD converted with very small subs, so if AVCHCoder delivers normally sized subs then surely BDtoAVCHD can be fixed -- if and when you actually have some time for it, of course

I wonder why the subs are so small... you'd almost need magnifier glasses to be able to read them. That's how tiny they are :P
Old 7th November 2010, 11:26   #96  |  Link
pistacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by usak View Post
Hello pistacho nice program from spanish programmer !

I like to know if was posible to run this program in WINE 1.2 under MAC OSX.

I work very good whith others like, DVDfab.

but your program don´t go ,this came solve ?

thanks !
Sorry but I can not help with this because I have never used WINE. Might not work because it keeps the settings in the Windows registry and also used many functions of the WIN32 API. Usually get better functionality and performance that using standard C functions.
Old 7th November 2010, 11:42   #97  |  Link
pistacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
Thanks for the new version, but it seems I'll have to stop using BDtoAVCHD as long as it creates very small subs.

In the meantime, I'll try and see if AVCHDCoder is any good. I'm currently trying it on the MKV which BDtoAVCHD converted with very small subs, so if AVCHCoder delivers normally sized subs then surely BDtoAVCHD can be fixed -- if and when you actually have some time for it, of course

I wonder why the subs are so small... you'd almost need magnifier glasses to be able to read them. That's how tiny they are :P

The problem of small subtitles only occurs when converting MKV to AVCHD. There is no problem with subtitles when converting from Blu-Ray.

Try to fix it in the next version but not before two weeks... While you can use AVCHDCoder to convert from MKV. (AVCHDCoder is also a very good program and is what I used before )
Old 7th November 2010, 14:27   #98  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistacho View Post
The problem of small subtitles only occurs when converting MKV to AVCHD. There is no problem with subtitles when converting from Blu-Ray.

Try to fix it in the next version but not before two weeks... While you can use AVCHDCoder to convert from MKV. (AVCHDCoder is also a very good program and is what I used before )
Thanks for the info. I'll use AVCHDCoder for now, but I must say: whereas BDtoAVCHD is install-and-go, AVCHDCoder actually required me to read the installation guidelines in order for it to work
(meaning there were several steps I had to take to get the program to run as expected)

Anyway, take your time fixing it. I'm already way too glad you're releasing BDtoAVCHD for free :P

Last edited by Wildfire; 13th November 2010 at 09:43.
Old 10th November 2010, 14:51   #99  |  Link
ed_co

Multiple audio tracks, please!
This is the only thing to be absolutly perfect.
Is only to change the GUI a little bit allowing to have 2 combos of audios.
Same with subtitles.
Maybe is complex to do that, but I don't understand what is the reason.
Please, don't forget that. I think that is pretty important.

Thank you very much.
ed_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 05:06   #100  |  Link
thewonderer

Love the program.... thank you for sharing

Would like to request support for adding multiple audio tracks (film and directors commentary for example) and reading of BD .iso files..

Tags
avchd, bdtoavchd, blu-ray ripper, m2ts, ps3