Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 9th June 2009, 14:50   #61  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
It would be wonderful if you would add the option to choose "normal" priority or (preferable) "idle" priority, which allows for far better multitasking...

Sorry, I don't own a pS3 (nor do my grandkids)
I will release it today. Priority can be changed. Default priority is Low. I am not going to make any changes in the current version. All those things will be added/fixed in the next version.
twazerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 18:11   #62  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

New version is released. Also made a installation guide. This guide can be found at tools.twanwintjes.nl. This is the changelog:

Beta v09.06.07
Changed - Joined Audio Tab, Video Tab and subtitles Tab into 1 totally new Tab
Changed - Joined Output Tab and Disc Tab into 1 Tab
Changed - Replaced Layout with "Nimbus Look And Feel"
Added - An installer which will place AVCHDCoder in Program Files and create shortcuts etc.
Added - Change cpu priority
Added - Pause/Resume button
Added - Force subtitles track #1
Upgraded - Up to 8 items on 1 disc for both Menu and No Menu
Fixed - NTSC wouldn't play disc with menu
Added - All supported files when choosing video file or subtitles file
Added - ASS subtitles support
Added - Polish to the list of languages
Added - Subtitles Preset Editor with Font and Color Chooser.
Added - Support for 32 subtitles streams
Added - Add an external subtitles file or internal subtitles stream more then once.
Added - Possible to give each stream another subtitles preset
Added - Change the order of the subtitles streams
Added - Drag and drop videofile and subtitles streams into the program.
Added - Cut-Past-Copy at Chapters settings
Added - PGS sup files are automaticly resized
Added - Folder choosers
Fixed - Some minor bugs
Updated - tsMuxeR to 1.10.6
Updated - ImgBurn to 2.4.4.0
Updated - mkvtoolnix
Old 9th June 2009, 18:26   #63  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

I'll download and report back any bugs I see with initial testing.

Edit: Just noticed, but one feature that would be nice would be to automatically import the chapters from a bluray. Should be easy enough to do with eac3to, as it automatically scans the bluray structure and will output a chapter file if you ask it to.

Last edited by Adub; 9th June 2009 at 18:40.
Adub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 19:05   #64  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
I'll download and report back any bugs I see with initial testing.

Edit: Just noticed, but one feature that would be nice would be to automatically import the chapters from a bluray. Should be easy enough to do with eac3to, as it automatically scans the bluray structure and will output a chapter file if you ask it to.
Can you point me in the right direction. Searching but i cannot find how.
Old 9th June 2009, 20:38   #65  |  Link
setarip_old

Request for automating custom chapter importing was already made way back in post #24:
Quote:
Additionally, please modify your program so that one can simply "Cut & Paste" a custom chapter list, rather than having to enter each time manually?

Better still, why not automate the process? Recent versions of "tsMuxeR" pick up the existing chapter information from MKVs.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 22:00   #66  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Request for automating custom chapter importing was already made way back in post #24:

tsMuxer cannot deliver me chapter information. tsMuxer can only give you the chapters in the tsMuxerGUI. I am not using that. Or does the command line version give me the chapter?
Old 10th June 2009, 00:09   #67  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

The chapters are listed by eac3to just like any other track. You simply select the track and tell eac3to to output them to a .txt file or similar.
Old 10th June 2009, 00:35   #68  |  Link
setarip_old

@twazerty

According to the author of "tsMuxeR", since v.1.7.8:
Quote:
Ability to open Blu-ray playlist (MPLS) files added. Also, when MPLS file is opened, chapters list automatically imported.
Old 10th June 2009, 09:36   #69  |  Link
Visor

Hi twazerty,

This app is looking better all the time, but could you please revisit your x264 encode profile and lower the keyint and keyint_min values? Right now you have them set for 250/25 which makes things incredibly sluggish when scanning forward/backward or jumping chapters. They should be set to 24/2 (this reflects the Blu-ray profiles on MeGUI) to provide a smoother scanning experience that's similar to actual Blu-ray discs.

Thanks,
Visor
Visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 11:37   #70  |  Link
turbojet

twazerty: Thanks for the new version I like the new look and streams window and the pause/resume. However after a little bit of testing I've found a few issues they are:

- set dts-core on select streams, press add, it doesn't go to output page
- if you have a dts-core title in job the job won't start
- output is very strange. Most compatible output is 1.10.6 default but having an option to remove AUXDATA/BDJO/CERTIFICATE/JAR/META would be helpful for the few players that can't play tsmuxer's default output.
- 720p sup files are positioned about 20 lines higher then the original, subs on top of pic may be cut off
- BD25 output uses --vbv-maxrate 24000 projects < ~2 hours will be undersized. BD allows 40 mbps video bitrate max and 48 mbps total.

And a few additions/changes I thought of:
- Menu editor, change selection names, remove intro video, etc.
- apply 'auto-set' on output page by default and remove the button, it's normal behavior in all apps that I've used
- moving force subtitle option to the right of the subtitles on select stream page or in subtitles page
- any use for adding internal subtitles? if not maybe merge order/add subtitles to subtitles page and move browse for external subtitles to subtitles page
- support keeping 192, 224, 256 kbps AC3 (overhead is already public knowledge)
- support encoding 2.0 to 192 kbps
- support interlaced input, if interlaced add x264 --interlaced
- support multiple languages on sub streams to keep in settings
- quality indicator would be a little more accurate if it was dependent on resolution but most accurate with a compression check
- no installer version
- how to use opens the pdf instead of telling to open from start menu
- path of titles already in the project on output page
- option to end playback after all titles are done playing (add break to end of BD commands)
- option to use 64-bit x264 using avs2yuv also have an auto option which is default, if x64 OS use 64 bit otherwise use 32 bit

also did you want me to delete the features that are now added from the list I wrote awhile back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
The chapters are listed by eac3to just like any other track. You simply select the track and tell eac3to to output them to a .txt file or similar.
To add to this chapters have always been track 1 in every BD I've seen. Maybe there is exceptions though. Maybe EAC3to could also get stream languages from BD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor View Post
Hi twazerty,

This app is looking better all the time, but could you please revisit your x264 encode profile and lower the keyint and keyint_min values? Right now you have them set for 250/25 which makes things incredibly sluggish when scanning forward/backward or jumping chapters. They should be set to 24/2 (this reflects the Blu-ray profiles on MeGUI) to provide a smoother scanning experience that's similar to actual Blu-ray discs.

Thanks,
Visor
I agree. While long GOP's have noticeable advantages in a few situations over short GOP's. It's disadvantages are noticeable on a lot of players. Plus short GOP's greatly increase the chance of hitting the chapter accurately but for this x264 --qp-file would make it 100% accurate. I think short GOP's should be default and long GOP's an option along with a few other x264 options like psy-trellis.

Last edited by turbojet; 10th June 2009 at 12:20.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 16:02   #71  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

FIXED - set dts-core on select streams, press add, it doesn't go to output page
FIXED - if you have a dts-core title in job the job won't start
FIXED (Forgot AUXDATA) - output is very strange. Most compatible output is 1.10.6 default but having an option to remove AUXDATA/BDJO/CERTIFICATE/JAR/META would be helpful for the few players that can't play tsmuxer's default output.

- 720p sup files are positioned about 20 lines higher then the original, subs on top of pic may be cut off
the resizing will be done while muxing. bottom-offset=0. Can't find the problem

- BD25 output uses --vbv-maxrate 24000 projects < ~2 hours will be undersized. BD allows 40 mbps video bitrate max and 48 mbps total.
When BD25 is selected max bitrate is 40000

And a few additions/changes I thought of:
- Menu editor, change selection names, remove intro video, etc.
Menu editor is not possible for me. Don't have the knowedge to build it.

- apply 'auto-set' on output page by default and remove the button, it's normal behavior in all apps that I've used
Let's think. Now the output file is based on the Disc Title when you hit the button. If I remove the button and you don't select a location manually I will automaticly choose default location after a question. Great idea.

- moving force subtitle option to the right of the subtitles on select stream page or in subtitles page
My current design doesn't allow me to do that. It is Force subs for each item or not aka for the whole disc. Maybe in the near future I will make some changes. No high priority for now

- any use for adding internal subtitles? if not maybe merge order/add subtitles to subtitles page and move browse for external subtitles to subtitles page
I use the feature myself a lot. Can't find a way to merge them whitout losing space for the order subtitles. No high priority now but I'll find a way to merge them.

I use my own formulas and those are not availible on the internet. It has no high priority but formulas are easy to make for me. Need your help to speed up the process. If you are interested in delivering me data i will add it to AVCHDCoder. (I'll tell you what and how to deliver)

2.0 is supported if 384, 448 or 640 kbps (same as above)

What will output be if i do that. Progressive or interlaced?

Needed to read it a couple of times before i understood it How many? Current is 1. maybe trough a seperate panel where you can select them you want to keep?

- quality indicator would be a little more accurate if it was dependent on resolution but most accurate with a compression check
With the first part: What do you mean?

- no installer version
Next version will also be released as exe only. (Complete install and exe only)

- how to use opens the pdf instead of telling to open from start menu
Great idea

- path of titles already in the project on output page
if i add previous idea this isn't neccesary

- option to end playback after all titles are done playing (add break to end of BD commands)
I thought I already added that. No option but by default

- option to use 64-bit x264 using avs2yuv also have an auto option which is default, if x64 OS use 64 bit otherwise use 32 bit
already planned to add this feature.

This are my settings:

[videobitrate] = calulated bitrate
[Maxbitrate] = 24000 for DVD5/9 and 40000 for BD25

Pass 1 Slow:

Code:
x264 --pass 1 --bitrate [videobitrate] --stats [stats file] --level 4.1 --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto 
--subme 2 --partitions none --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 9000 --vbv-maxrate [Maxbitrate] --me dia --threads auto --thread-input 
--sar 1:1 --progress --no-ssim --output NUL [input avs file]
Pass 2 Slow:

Code:
x264 --pass 2 --bitrate [videobitrate] --stats [stats file] --level 4.1 --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip 
--bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 9000 
--vbv-maxrate [Maxbitrate] --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-ssim --output [output file] [input avs file]
Pass 1 Fast:

Code:
x264 --pass 1 --bitrate [videobitrate] --stats [stats file] --level 4.1 --bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto --subme 2 --partitions none 
--ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 24000 --vbv-maxrate [Maxbitrate] --qcomp 0.5 --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 
--progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output NUL [input avs file]
Pass 2 Fast:

Code:
x264 --pass 2 --bitrate [videobitrate] --stats [stats file] --level 4.1 --bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto --subme 5 
--partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 24000 --vbv-maxrate [Maxbitrate] --qcomp 0.5 
--threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output [output file] [input avs file]
Don't understand much about it. I ripped the fast profile from megui presets. slow profile is custom (Delivered by ps3avchd.net)
If you can fix them for me: .
Old 10th June 2009, 16:43   #72  |  Link
Visor

Quote:
This are my settings: ...--keyint 240 --min-keyint 24...
Hi again twazerty, these are the 2 settings that you should adjust. For best results, (following XolocoTuxMaster's "SA-Blu-ray" profile incorporated into MeGui), these values should be --keyint 24 --min-keyint 2. Please note these should also be added to the fast profiles. See the following post for more details:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...82#post1118082

Thanks!
Visor
Visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 18:05   #73  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by twazerty View Post
FIXED - set dts-core on select streams, press add, it doesn't go to output page
FIXED - if you have a dts-core title in job the job won't start
FIXED (Forgot AUXDATA) - output is very strange. Most compatible output is 1.10.6 default but having an option to remove AUXDATA/BDJO/CERTIFICATE/JAR/META would be helpful for the few players that can't play tsmuxer's default output.
Thanks. 2 more bug reports:

- settings page: delete temp file always enabled on restart
- settings page: default output always set to iso on restart

Quote:
the resizing will be done while muxing. bottom-offset=0. Can't find the problem
TSMuxer may resize during demuxing as well, how are you demuxing the sup files?

Quote:
My current design doesn't allow me to do that. It is Force subs for each item or not aka for the whole disc. Maybe in the near future I will make some changes. No high priority for now
Oh ok I understand, never mind my suggestion.

Quote:
I use the feature myself a lot. Can't find a way to merge them whitout losing space for the order subtitles. No high priority now but I'll find a way to merge them.
What do you mean merge the subtitles?
From my limited testing loading internal subs only gives only the same options that are already in the select stream window.

Quote:
I use my own formulas and those are not availible on the internet. It has no high priority but formulas are easy to make for me. Need your help to speed up the process. If you are interested in delivering me data i will add it to AVCHDCoder. (I'll tell you what and how to deliver)
See here

Quote:
2.0 is supported if 384, 448 or 640 kbps (same as above)
After overheads are added 2.0 at even 384 kbps seems like overkill.

Code:
What will output be if i do that. Progressive or interlaced?
Interlaced, if you don't add --interlaced the stream will appear as progressive, not only is this wrong but 30p is not in the BD/AVCHD standards while 30i frames per second/60i fields per seconds is.

Quote:
Needed to read it a couple of times before i understood it How many? Current is 1. maybe trough a seperate panel where you can select them you want to keep?
All possible, either select\deselect with shift/ctrl keys or check boxes

Quote:
With the first part: What do you mean?
1920x1080 and 1280x720 give the same 'quality message' and 4500 kbps is minimum recommended for both. While it's a complete shot in the dark they should appear quite differently. Using bits per pixel 4500 kbps 1080p = 2000 kbps 720p

Quote:
I thought I already added that. No option but by default
Oh sorry, was looking at wrong output, you are correct. Probably really no need for an option

Quote:
already planned to add this feature.
OK I can help with the auto setting if you need help with it.

Quote:
This are my settings:

[videobitrate] = calulated bitrate
[Maxbitrate] = 24000 for DVD5/9 and 40000 for BD25

Pass 1 Slow:

Code:
x264 --pass 1 --bitrate [videobitrate] --stats [stats file] --level 4.1 --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto 
--subme 2 --partitions none --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 9000 --vbv-maxrate [Maxbitrate] --me dia --threads auto --thread-input 
--sar 1:1 --progress --no-ssim --output NUL [input avs file]
Pass 2 Slow:

Code:
x264 --pass 2 --bitrate [videobitrate] --stats [stats file] --level 4.1 --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip 
--bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 9000 
--vbv-maxrate [Maxbitrate] --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-ssim --output [output file] [input avs file]
Pass 1 Fast:

Code:
x264 --pass 1 --bitrate [videobitrate] --stats [stats file] --level 4.1 --bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto --subme 2 --partitions none 
--ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 24000 --vbv-maxrate [Maxbitrate] --qcomp 0.5 --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 
--progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output NUL [input avs file]
Pass 2 Fast:

Code:
x264 --pass 2 --bitrate [videobitrate] --stats [stats file] --level 4.1 --bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto --subme 5 
--partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 24000 --vbv-maxrate [Maxbitrate] --qcomp 0.5 
--threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output [output file] [input avs file]
Don't understand much about it. I ripped the fast profile from megui presets. slow profile is custom (Delivered by ps3avchd.net)
If you can fix them for me: .
While it's completely opinionated this is what I'd use:

Pass 1 Fast/Default: x264 --pass 1 --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 2 --bframes 3 --subme 2 --partitions none --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim

Pass 1 Slow: x264 --pass 1 --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 2 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --subme 2 --partitions none --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim

Pass 2 Fast: x264 --pass 2 --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 2 --ref 2 --bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "output" "input"

Pass 2 Default: x264 --pass 2 --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 2 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7--partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "output" "input" --psy-rd 1.0:0.2

Pass 2 Slow: x264 --pass 2 --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 2 --ref 4 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --weightb --direct auto --subme 9 --trellis 2 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --no-fast-pskip --no-dct-decimate --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "output" "input" --psy-rd 1.0:0.2

If you want to stick with just 2 go with default and fast. The slow is fairly slow. One thing that might work better as an option like 'use psy-trellis for sharper output' then as default is --psy-rd 1.0:0.2 while I think it does a very good job of keeping the sharpness of the source some people don't care for it.
Old 10th June 2009, 18:42   #74  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
- settings page: delete temp file always enabled on restart
- settings page: default output always set to iso on restart
Changed so many things al those tiny bugs appeard :P. Fixed.

Quote:
TSMuxer may resize during demuxing as well, how are you demuxing the sup files?
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --demux --vbr --vbv-len=500
A_DTS, [sourcefile], track=[trackid]
S_HDMV/PGS, [sourcefile], fps=[source fps], track=[trackid]

Quote:
What do you mean merge the subtitles?
From my limited testing loading internal subs only gives only the same options that are already in the select stream window.
Merging the tabs
The idea of adding internal subtitles is this:
Now you can add the same subtitle again only with a different preset. So you can choose between different settings. This is only usefull for srt and ass files.

Quote:
See here
They are not correct and/or i can't get the correct bitrate out of it. My own formulas are much better. (Actually they are much easier than those in the topic.)

Quote:
After overheads are added 2.0 at even 384 kbps seems like overkill.
To prevent problems I need to work with my formulas. I don't want to hack more stuff into it. Currect module allows me to add more formulas.

Quote:
Interlaced, if you don't add --interlaced the stream will appear as progressive, not only is this wrong but 30p is not in the BD/AVCHD standards while 30i frames per second/60i fields per seconds is.
So both input and output wil be interlaced? What will happen if I add --interlaced on a progressive input?

Quote:
1920x1080 and 1280x720 give the same 'quality message' and 4500 kbps is minimum recommended for both. While it's a complete shot in the dark they should appear quite differently. Using bits per pixel 4500 kbps 1080p = 2000 kbps 720p
In the past I already had this disscussion. Basicly:
Visible quality will remain the same for both resolutions at the same bitrate. Analysed frame by frame and both gave me similar quality. Sometimes the 720p was better and sometimes 1080p was better. That is why I use only 1 quality indicator because I am convinced 720p at 2000kbps is far worser then 1080p at 4500. (Tested on a high action movie: The Matrix) Don't want to start the discussion again.

Quote:
OK I can help with the auto setting if you need help with it.
I'll ask for help if I can't get it to work. The topic on the forum provides me enough information for now.

While it's completely opinionated this is what I'd use:

Quote:
Passes

If you want to stick with just 2 go with default and fast. The slow is fairly slow. One thing that might work better as an option like 'use psy-trellis for sharper output' then as default is --psy-rd 1.0:0.2 while I think it does a very good job of keeping the sharpness of the source some people don't care for it.
Don't actually now what I am going to do.

Edit: What do you think the bitrate is for this file:
DVD5
120 minute movie
AC3 448kbps

If you calculate the bitrate that is needed for the encoder. I'll do the same with my formulas. Remember: The bitrate for the h264 file. Keep in mind the unknown overhead of m2ts. This way we can see if I made a mistake calculating with the values in that thread.

Last edited by twazerty; 10th June 2009 at 18:54.
Old 10th June 2009, 20:06   #75  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by twazerty View Post
Changed so many things al those tiny bugs appeard :P. Fixed.
OK

Quote:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --demux --vbr --vbv-len=500
A_DTS, [sourcefile], track=[trackid]
S_HDMV/PGS, [sourcefile], fps=[source fps], track=[trackid]
I don't think that should affect it. I'll investigate further.

Quote:
Merging the tabs
The idea of adding internal subtitles is this:
Now you can add the same subtitle again only with a different preset. So you can choose between different settings. This is only usefull for srt and ass files.
Oh ok that makes sense.

Quote:
They are not correct and/or i can't get the correct bitrate out of it. My own formulas are much better. (Actually they are much easier than those in the topic.)

To prevent problems I need to work with my formulas. I don't want to hack more stuff into it. Currect module allows me to add more formulas.
I can't make much sense of them either but it's no surprise as math was one of my worst subjects.

Quote:
So both input and output wil be interlaced? What will happen if I add --interlaced on a progressive input?
These are the times when --interlaced should be used as per standards:

framerate is 29.97
resolution is 720x480 framerate must be 29.97 fps (pulldown)
resolution is 720x576 framerate must be 25 fps
framerate is 25i

In case of confusion I'm using the framerate of how it's on BD as 29.97i / 25i instead of how it's displayed on a progressive TV at 60i / 25i after frame doubling.

Quote:
In the past I already had this disscussion. Basicly:
Visible quality will remain the same for both resolutions at the same bitrate. Analysed frame by frame and both gave me similar quality. Sometimes the 720p was better and sometimes 1080p was better. That is why I use only 1 quality indicator because I am convinced 720p at 2000kbps is far worser then 1080p at 4500. (Tested on a high action movie: The Matrix) Don't want to start the discussion again.
Frankly compressibility should be the only quality factor that's ever used. Bitrate and bits per pixel are wild guesses.

Quote:
Edit: What do you think the bitrate is for this file:
DVD5
120 minute movie
AC3 448kbps

If you calculate the bitrate that is needed for the encoder. I'll do the same with my formulas. Remember: The bitrate for the h264 file. Keep in mind the unknown overhead of m2ts. This way we can see if I made a mistake calculating with the values in that thread.
This is such a PITA without a free-range calculator that's accurate like gordian knot. I can't get you 448 AC3 at this time, but RipBot264 gives me:

120 minutes
192 AC3 = 4714 kbps
224 AC3 = 4715 kbps
256 AC3 = 4669 kbps

60 minutes
192 AC3 = 9716 kbps
224 AC3 = 9717 kbps
256 AC3 = 9671 kbps

It looks weird but I remember the dev saying it's actual and I haven't seen anyone report sizing issues with any of these bitrates although they might not be very well tested.

Last edited by turbojet; 10th June 2009 at 20:58.
Old 10th June 2009, 22:36   #76  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

I am working on 64bit via avs2yuv.exe but can't get it to work. Installed ffdshow64 bit. ffdshow will popup to ask if i want to use avs2yuv.exe but after that encoding will be skipped.

Code:
"C:\A\Tools\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\A\Temp\input.avs" -raw - | "C:\A\Tools\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 20000 --stats "C:\A\Temp\input.stats" --level 4.1 --keyint 240 
--min-keyint 24 --bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto --subme 2 --partitions none --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 9000 --vbv-maxrate 24000 --me dia --threads auto 
--thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-ssim --output NUL -

Code:
"C:\A\Tools\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\A\Temp\input.avs" -raw - | "C:\A\Tools\x264.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 20000 --stats "C:\A\Temp\input.stats" --level 4.1 --keyint 240 
--min-keyint 24 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --bframes 3 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 
--vbv-bufsize 9000 --vbv-maxrate 24000 --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-ssim --output "C:\A\Output\output.264" -
Old 10th June 2009, 23:36   #77  |  Link
turbojet

Input is still being decoded by 32 bit apps, but for avs2yuv you need to pass it some extra parameters, also pipebuf.exe can assist on setting a larger buffer for more speed.

An example using this tool.

Code:
Source: E:\test.avs
Output: E:\test.mkv
Params: --crf 26

Analayzing source file:
E:\test.avs: 1280x720, 2500000/104271 fps, 1275 frames

Resolution: 1280 x 720
Frame No. : 1275
Frame Rate: 2500000/104271

x264 0.66.1101M b69548a
built on Feb  5 2009, gcc: 4.4.0 20081231 (experimental)
Commandline for x264:
"F:\TOOLS\x264 x64 Launcher\pipebuf.exe" "F:\TOOLS\x264 x64 Launcher\avs2yuv.exe" E:\test.avs -raw - : "F:\TOOLS\x264 x64 Launcher\x264_x64.exe" --crf 26 --threads auto --progress --frames 1275 --fps 2500000/104271 --output E:\test.mkv - 1280x720 : 4
The weird --fps is needed for accurate 25 and 29.97 output. 23.976 won't be accurate until x264 is fixed. Common --fps like 29.97, 29.97030, 29.97/10001 won't work.
Old 13th June 2009, 18:30   #78  |  Link
setarip_old

@twazerty

I just downloaded and started to install AVCHDCoder v.09.06.07 - and McAfee tells me that the package includes "PrcViewer" as part of "Process.exe" in "AVCHDCoder090607beta\Tools\".

McAfee states that "McAfee has blocked a potentially unwanted program (PUP) on your computer. If you do not recognize it, we recommend that you remove the program."

Please advise, is this a "safe"/legitimate content that you've knowingly included in this package, or is there a reason for concern?
Old 13th June 2009, 18:47   #79  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
@twazerty

I just downloaded and started to install AVCHDCoder v.09.06.07 - and McAfee tells me that the package includes "PrcViewer" as part of "Process.exe" in "AVCHDCoder090607beta\Tools\".

McAfee states that "McAfee has blocked a potentially unwanted program (PUP) on your computer. If you do not recognize it, we recommend that you remove the program."

Please advise, is this a "safe"/legitimate content that you've knowingly included in this package, or is there a reason for concern?
Did a check with AVG. No detections found. I don't think there is a reason for concern. What will happen if you manually check process.exe What does mcafee says?

Seems to be a normal warning. See this mcafee site:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_137331.htm

It will point to the url given in this thread.

Last edited by twazerty; 13th June 2009 at 18:53.
Old 13th June 2009, 19:02   #80  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
Did a check with AVG. No detections found. I don't think there is a reason for concern.
Thank you ;>}

Tags
avchd, mkv