Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 26th May 2009, 22:59   #41  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by twazerty View Post
After a couple of weeks I am almost ready to release my next version. Some translation needs te be done, settings panel need te be fixed and some testing. There ain't that much new features. Those will be added after release. What is coming:
- Totally new Stream Tab. After entering a file you will be thrown to the Stream Tab. So in a couple of mouse clicks you added a disc in the queue. Saves lots of useless clicking.
- Pause/Resume button
- Priority changer
- First subtitle stream can be forced (For all items)
- Subtitle Preset Editor with color and font chooser
- Max 32 subitle streams. Each stream can be assigned with another preset.
- Order subtitles
- More subtitles of the same internal file can be added. Each stream can be assigned with another preset. Same for External files. Can be added more than once.
- Max 32 subtitle streams
- Some upgrades like tsMuxer, x264 etc.
- Delivery with an installer so it will be placed in Program Files. Also shortcuts etc.

Maybe I will add the resize function for PGS streams in this version. Not sure right now.
Looks pretty impressive and the pause/resume will definitely set it apart from others. I will keep my mouth shut about process in the other frontend threads until AVCHDcoder has had it for at least a few weeks to gain attention. For the sup resize if you are planning on using TSMuxer to make sure it looks and place nearly identical to original sup you'll want to use this in the meta: bottom-offset=0,font-border=0

Quote:
This problem cannot be solved. Java loses information which process it launched. So I cannot know which cmd.exe to kill. I tell to kill cmd.exe so it kills all running cmd.exe's.
Bummer, if you had an external script running to get launched PID's from AVCHDcoder would that work?

Quote:
Does MeGui etc run on Windows 7 RC? Cannot get AVCHDCoder working to encode the movie.
BD-Rebuilder, MeGUI (except drag-n-drop) RipBot264, sx264 work in Win7 x64.

To get AVCHDcoder encoding in Windows 7 try the windows 7 bit in this psst

Last edited by turbojet; 26th May 2009 at 23:39.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 04:51   #42  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Just wanted to report that I just did a test run on a bluray that I had lying around on my desktop, and the process completed just fine! However, when I attempted to play the resulting disk, the subtitles would not function. I am playing the m2ts using MPC HC 1125, and the subtitle are select correctly in the right click options. Can anyone confirm having issues in preserving subtitles?
Old 27th May 2009, 09:27   #43  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
Just wanted to report that I just did a test run on a bluray that I had lying around on my desktop, and the process completed just fine! However, when I attempted to play the resulting disk, the subtitles would not function. I am playing the m2ts using MPC HC 1125, and the subtitle are select correctly in the right click options. Can anyone confirm having issues in preserving subtitles?
Works ok for me with windows 7, MPC-HC 1127, evr custom. Maybe you have a renderer set in MPC-HC that doesn't support subtitles or are resizing to 1280x720. In both cases the subs won't show.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 16:18   #44  |  Link
Adub

Yeah, disregard my previous post. I am having troubles getting subs to display from the source even (which I should have checked before posting). I wonder what could be wrong.
Old 27th May 2009, 22:44   #45  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
Yeah, disregard my previous post. I am having troubles getting subs to display from the source even (which I should have checked before posting). I wonder what could be wrong.
As far as I know players like MPC cannot play the PGS stream. Players such as Nero Showtime can only play the stream when the disc is played. So subs are not working when you play a m2ts with Nero Showtime. Same for PS3 and multimedia devices.
twazerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 01:50   #46  |  Link
Adub

No, actually MPC HC can, but you have to use it's internal m2ts splitter, not Haali's.
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:44   #47  |  Link
drmih

Just having a play and quite like it. For some reason I can't leave the DTS audio untouched - it greys it out and makes me choose one of the AC3 options.

Is there any way you could handle multiple input files as it would be nice to put several HD episodes on a disc with a menu and have them made to fit?
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 07:54   #48  |  Link
setarip_old

@drmih

Hi!
Quote:
Is there any way you could handle multiple input files
You really should read the PDF file that's included with the download...
Quote:
If you want to add more videofiles to the disc click on 48.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:34   #49  |  Link
drmih

Indeed the old adage of RTFM. I did try and find it but eventually decided it wasn't there. I can only think that it was probably set to 'No Menu' on the first page which then locked everything else in and I didn't find it too easy to flick back to the very beginning using the tabs.
Old 2nd June 2009, 21:44   #50  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Indeed the old adage of RTFM. I did try and find it but eventually decided it wasn't there. I can only think that it was probably set to 'No Menu' on the first page which then locked everything else in and I didn't find it too easy to flick back to the very beginning using the tabs.
The New Version I am working on has major improvements. All those annoying and unlogical things are changed.

DTS problem:
Only DTS 1536 is accepted as Untouced audio. DTS ES (768Kbps) will be converted to AC3.

Edit: Folder output will be added. This time I am going for a major upgrade. New design etc.

Last edited by twazerty; 2nd June 2009 at 23:57.
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:04   #51  |  Link
drmih

Okay so something has gone wrong. It has just spent 24 hours encoding three items to fit on a bd-25. The are three directories, each with various files but basically .264 and .dts which are about the correct size. However, at the end it quickly threw up imgburn and I have a blu-ray file structure of 4mb and an iso to match - it ignored the files it had created.
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:25   #52  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Okay so something has gone wrong. It has just spent 24 hours encoding three items to fit on a bd-25. The are three directories, each with various files but basically .264 and .dts which are about the correct size. However, at the end it quickly threw up imgburn and I have a blu-ray file structure of 4mb and an iso to match - it ignored the files it had created.
First time, never seen it before. 4MB is the size of the menu file. The step before creating the iso is the step where it went wrong. Where did you place avchdcoder?
What was your output location?
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:38   #53  |  Link
drmih

It wasn't in the root it was under c:\bd. Interestingly it didn't change the dts audio to ac3 - there is the original demuxed audio and an identical one (size wise). I'm just muxing the files together to try and create a disc using avchd and am pretty sure they won't fit. I am just redoing the audio to ac3 using eac3to and heard a sound a I heard when your programme was running - like a klaxon. I only glimpsed the screen but there was a problem with the header or something. I guess that that happened when you did the audio which may be where the system broke down, although it did complete.
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:50   #54  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
It wasn't in the root it was under c:\bd. Interestingly it didn't change the dts audio to ac3 - there is the original demuxed audio and an identical one (size wise). I'm just muxing the files together to try and create a disc using avchd and am pretty sure they won't fit. I am just redoing the audio to ac3 using eac3to and heard a sound a I heard when your programme was running - like a klaxon. I only glimpsed the screen but there was a problem with the header or something. I guess that that happened when you did the audio which may be where the system broke down, although it did complete.

Each item will be muxed to an avchd structure. Is the BDMV folder including the files located in each temp item?
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:58   #55  |  Link
drmih

No, there are 4 directories under Temp (to make it obvious what I'm doing I have taken HDTV versions of the Lord of the Rings movies to put on one bd-r):
Lord of the Rings - Disc
Lord of the Rings - item 1
etc
etc
The 'Disc' has a 4 Mb blu ray file structure whereas the others contain the tracks but no muxing has taken place (I set the flag to not delete the temporary files). In addition there is a 4Mb ISO image in the Output directory.
Old 3rd June 2009, 23:05   #56  |  Link
setarip_old

@drmih

You might find the answer in my posts #6, #12 and #13 in this thread...
Old 6th June 2009, 22:16   #57  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

No extra features will be added for next release, needs some testing now and I need to finish the tutorial. Before I can release my new version I need some people to test the following iso on a ps3 and other hardware:

Link to iso file (Mediafire)

It is an Image with menu. The previous version didn't work on a ps3. This one should work. I ask you to test it for me.

Edit: Specific testing on a NTSC PS3

Last edited by twazerty; 6th June 2009 at 23:27.
Old 6th June 2009, 23:05   #58  |  Link
spida_singh

Tested on a launch date 60gb PS3 UK PAL, played fine, with menu etc, but, seeking and skipping chapters cause playback to pause/stick, had to restart from beginning to get it playing again, going in and out of menu's worked ok during playback, keep up the good work
spida_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 23:29   #59  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida_singh View Post
Tested on a launch date 60gb PS3 UK PAL, played fine, with menu etc, but, seeking and skipping chapters cause playback to pause/stick, had to restart from beginning to get it playing again, going in and out of menu's worked ok during playback, keep up the good work
Seeking and skipping doesn't work because the er nothing to skip to. The subtitles are about 2 hours but the video isn't Only thing I need to know if it works on a NTSC PS3.

PS I am ready to release my new version. Installer is ready just need to know if it works on a NTSC PS3.

Last edited by twazerty; 7th June 2009 at 23:45.
Old 9th June 2009, 00:40   #60  |  Link
setarip_old

It would be wonderful if you would add the option to choose "normal" priority or (preferable) "idle" priority, which allows for far better multitasking...

Sorry, I don't own a pS3 (nor do my grandkids)

Tags
avchd, mkv