Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 11th May 2009, 23:23   #21  |  Link
turbojet

Will this be enough?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 23:54   #22  |  Link
setarip_old

@twazerty

Just to let you know, I used your program to do a high quality conversion (to DVD9) of "Planet of the Apes (2001)" - this time using an .M2TS file.

Subtitles were accepted and retained and, despite keeping a 1.2Gb .DTS audiostream, the results (including some very "busy" high action scenes) were virtually indiscernible from the original BluRay;>}

Your program is most certainly worthy of your further developmental efforts - Congratulations!

I really would like to get your feedback regarding my request to add HD-DVD output as an option (It would make a large "silent" group of HD-DVD aficionados/owners of players very happy!)

Last edited by setarip_old; 11th May 2009 at 23:59.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 22:41   #23  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

@turbojet

For now it is enough

@setarip_old

Thanx
I don't know much about HD-DVD and I don't think it is worth the time. I can't even test it on a stand-alone player. HD-DVD output will not be added. Maybe in the future, but fot now I say no.
twazerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 01:01   #24  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
HD-DVD output will not be added.
Sorry to hear that. I guess there are a lot of very high quality output HD-DVD players that are destined to be orphans...
Old 13th May 2009, 09:47   #25  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Sorry to hear that. I guess there are a lot of very high quality output HD-DVD players that are destined to be orphans...
Unless you can tell me exactly how I make HD-DVD's. Then I can consider to add the functionality.
Old 13th May 2009, 13:57   #26  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twazerty View Post
Unless you can tell me exactly how I make HD-DVD's. Then I can consider to add the functionality.
Apart from Ulead's DVD MovieFactory 6+ with HD Power Pack add-on, I only know of one other attempt at muxing HD DVDs, and that is the unfinished program on this page (at least it includes source):

http://www.hddvdstrikesback.com/

Maybe you can make some sense of it and fix/improve/build upon it....?

P.S. @setarip_old, our HD DVD players are already orphans!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2009, 00:14   #27  |  Link
setarip_old

@twazerty

It would be beneficial if you could modify your program so that "IMGBUrn" doesn't pop onto the screen when the .ISO image file is being generated...
Old 17th May 2009, 00:22   #28  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
@twazerty

It would be beneficial if you could modify your program so that "IMGBUrn" doesn't pop onto the screen when the .ISO image file is being generated...
I don't think it is possible to do that because ImgBurn pops up by itself after sending commands via the commandline. It would be nice if it is possible.
Old 17th May 2009, 01:57   #29  |  Link
setarip_old

Additionally, please modify your program so that one can simply "Cut & Paste" a custom chapter list, rather than having to enter each time manually?

Better still, why not automate the process? Recent versions of "tsMuxeR" pick up the existing chapter information from MKVs

Last edited by setarip_old; 17th May 2009 at 03:03.
Old 18th May 2009, 09:52   #30  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by twazerty View Post
I use the following software:And the usual warning:
If you have installed codec packs like K-Lite , CCCP , Vista Codec Packs or similar UNINSTALL THEM IMEDIATELLY!
This is what I don't like at any software - incompatibilities.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 05:41   #31  |  Link
HighDefPro

So i am currently testing out this new program as it seems way easier to use then other GUI's. If I want to make things really alot easier then the current process this should work, correct?

- Rip blu-ray,
- Use Ts Muxer and Grab vc-1 stream, and audio I want- Mux them together.
- Have your program change the video stream and leave the audio the same
- when finished I should have new a video stream and be able now use the new .iso file to stream through my ps3, am I correct?
HighDefPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 21:27   #32  |  Link
HighDefPro

Update: Ok so I found out that you can't stream the .iso file that was created after I ran this process. I then mounted the .iso file using Virtual Clone Drive(Freeware from slysoft.com) I then re-ripped the file using anydvdhd and got a new movie file. This new file can now stream thru my ps3.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None of the other vc-1 encoders have worked for me over the last year. This is the 1st one that has ever worked. After a year of trying to convert then stream vc-1 bluray files I can now stream them. Thanks so much for making this program!
HighDefPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 20:19   #33  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

After a couple of weeks I am almost ready to release my next version. Some translation needs te be done, settings panel need te be fixed and some testing. There ain't that much new features. Those will be added after release. What is coming:
- Totally new Stream Tab. After entering a file you will be thrown to the Stream Tab. So in a couple of mouse clicks you added a disc in the queue. Saves lots of useless clicking.
- Pause/Resume button
- Priority changer
- First subtitle stream can be forced (For all items)
- Subtitle Preset Editor with color and font chooser
- Max 32 subitle streams. Each stream can be assigned with another preset.
- Order subtitles
- More subtitles of the same internal file can be added. Each stream can be assigned with another preset. Same for External files. Can be added more than once.
- Max 32 subtitle streams
- Some upgrades like tsMuxer, x264 etc.
- Delivery with an installer so it will be placed in Program Files. Also shortcuts etc.

Maybe I will add the resize function for PGS streams in this version. Not sure right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
* kill only command windows avchdcoder calls instead of all when deleting all jobs (bug fix?)
This problem cannot be solved. Java loses information which process it launched. So I cannot know which cmd.exe to kill. I tell to kill cmd.exe so it kills all running cmd.exe's.

Does MeGui etc run on Windows 7 RC? Cannot get AVCHDCoder working to encode the movie.

Last edited by twazerty; 25th May 2009 at 20:22.
Old 25th May 2009, 20:54   #34  |  Link
setarip_old

@twazerty

Your thoughts please, regarding my previous post?:
Quote:
Additionally, please modify your program so that one can simply "Cut & Paste" a custom chapter list, rather than having to enter each time manually?

Better still, why not automate the process? Recent versions of "tsMuxeR" pick up the existing chapter information from MKVs?
Old 25th May 2009, 21:08   #35  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:

Better still, why not automate the process? Recent versions of "tsMuxeR" pick up the existing chapter information from MKVs?
Cut and past is working, those commands are handled by windows. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are working here.

Automate the process is nice and will be added. Didn't try it if it works. If it is easy to accomplish after some little research I will add it to this version.
Old 25th May 2009, 21:53   #36  |  Link
setarip_old

Thank you - "Control-V" works, but right-clicking on highlighted chapter times does not bring up the Windows context menu ("Copy", "Paste", etc.)
Old 25th May 2009, 23:23   #37  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Thank you - "Control-V" works, but right-clicking on highlighted chapter times does not bring up the Windows context menu ("Copy", "Paste", etc.)
Thats right. I'll see wat I can do.

Edit:

Right Mouse Menu with Cut Copy Paste added.

Last edited by twazerty; 26th May 2009 at 00:14.
Old 26th May 2009, 00:30   #38  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Quote:
Does MeGui etc run on Windows 7 RC?
Yes, it works just fine.
Old 26th May 2009, 03:03   #39  |  Link
setarip_old

@twazerty
Quote:
Right Mouse Menu with Cut Copy Paste added.
Thank you. I'm looking forward to the next release.

BTW - Is the rather slow initial load due to the use of Java, or something else?
Old 26th May 2009, 07:47   #40  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
@twazertyThank you. I'm looking forward to the next release.

BTW - Is the rather slow initial load due to the use of Java, or something else?
I think it is a combination of java and a long boot process. Don't exactly know how long it will take to setLanguages, read settings and do a update check. But mostly because of java and its virtual machine. It is not a real problem the startup process is a little bit longer.

Tags
avchd, mkv