Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd September 2010, 03:37   #321  |  Link
mpucoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppard11 View Post
Is there anything special I need to do?
Read the forum rules, especially rule #6. The name of the file implies a downloaded or "shared" file, and the non-compliant resolution confirms that this is not a file you ripped from a BD.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 14:27   #322  |  Link
italoparty

thank you for program....
when try to uncrop (ver. 1.55) file i had a massage "hx264 had stop working", im runing on win7 64bit, but on other computer (with same file) on winxp everything is ok....
i try to reinstali and install every codec, run as administrator, but nothing.....
thanks for answer...
sorry for bad english....
italoparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 04:58   #323  |  Link
nerofailureboy

May I confirm my settings?

Hi everyone,

My goal is to burn a couple of mkv files to blu-ray discs. I don't want to change any aspect ratio, I only want to add or subtract to the black bars to make the file's resolution acceptable for the bd format. I already know how to use tsmuxer and imgburn to make a bd disc out of an mkv that is already the correct resolution.

So, if I have an mkv that is 1920 x 816 and I want to make it 1920 x 1080, do I set "Resize" to 1920 x 816 No Resize, or should I choose the second 1920 x 816 that doesn't say No Resize?
Also, "Uncrop to" only has 1920 x 1080 as a choice, I assume that's right?
Do I leave "Crop T/B" at zero?
What is the highest quality setting, 2 pass VHQ? I want the highest quality, and I'm not concerned about file size or the time it will take.

Thank you in advance for your help! And thanks to Dean for a wikkid good tool!
nerofailureboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 22:54   #324  |  Link
mpucoder

You should probably start with the video from the BD itself, not a cropped or resized source.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 12:05   #325  |  Link
bamsebo

I posted this to Deans own forum but I think this may be more readers here....

I set an mkv video file to be "uncropped" with uncropmkv version 1.55.

It successfully produced the *.264 file but mkvmerge failed to mux the file resulting in the *-uncropped.mkv file having a byte count of 6 bytes, even though uncropmkv said it was successful.

I did some investigation and found the version of mkvmerge used in the uncropmkv 1.55 package as being 2.5.3.0. In a recently installed mkvtoolnix package I found mkvmerge version 4.4.4.0.

Using the more recent version of mkvmerge with uncropmkv 1.55 I found the the file muxed successfully.

Is there any reason why the older version of mkvmerge is included in the uncropmkv 1.55 package or can the old version be substituted with the new version without problems?
thanks
Barry
bamsebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 20:22   #326  |  Link
setarip_old

@bamsebo

Hi!
Quote:
Is there any reason why the older version of mkvmerge is included in the uncropmkv 1.55 package
Probably because Dean incorporated his "uncrop" tool into multiAVCHD quite some time ago - so that there was no reason/need to update the standalone version...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 19:50   #327  |  Link
sith7

Hi. First time posting here. I've downloaded and used AVCHD and uncropMKV and love them both. Great tools. HOWEVER, lately I'm having a problem with uncropMKV. When I start to extract an MKV to 1920x1080 the process only get to about 3%, then opens the project for writing. So I keep ending up with a 5 min portion of a full film. I've uninstalled and re-installed, both full version and the one with AVCHD but with no luck. It just doesn't work anymore with any files I try. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?
sith7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 05:37   #328  |  Link
stinman

well as I read through this it seems that a re-encoding of the mkv is done to add the borders back from a 1920 x 800 to 1920 x 1080.Can't the clip ini just be changed in a hex editor and not re-encode the encoded mkv bluray movie? Seems I read that some where. When you have a 1920 x 800 BD burned on a disk the Bluray player stretches out the video.Makes their heads look long.The more times you encode a movie the more compression artifact you will see in dark scenes and such,right?

What kind of bullshit is it when I go to the first page of this post I get a re-direct to multiavchd site with a user name and password pop up.Then says access denied? How does this happen here at doom9 forum deang try to redirect me?

Last edited by stinman; 5th January 2012 at 07:52.
stinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 02:10   #329  |  Link
sreemv

I stumbled upon this nice utility while trying to author some collections - could someone advice on command line usage ? The GUI appears not to have an option for a separate destination dir? Reading from and writing to same dir - not desirable.
sreemv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 04:13   #330  |  Link
netmask

I cannot get this to run correctly - I load a mkv file and it indicated the tracks found and the general parameters etc. When I click on queue and then click start, there appears for about a second 2 command prompt windows. The the message Done! appears. The resulting file is 0Kb with the suffix .264.

I cannot get the preview to show also. Any clues please?

Running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. I have tried compatibility mode XP 3 but no help...
BeyonWiz PVR T3 & V2 (Enigma2 clone)
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
netmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 00:41   #331  |  Link
jaket4570

This is the same problem I'm having and described in my post
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168055

I failed to mention that my .264 file is also created with zero length. I didn't get any replies to my post - let's see if you have any better luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netmask View Post
I cannot get this to run correctly - I load a mkv file and it indicated the tracks found and the general parameters etc. When I click on queue and then click start, there appears for about a second 2 command prompt windows. The the message Done! appears. The resulting file is 0Kb with the suffix .264.

I cannot get the preview to show also. Any clues please?

Running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. I have tried compatibility mode XP 3 but no help...
jaket4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 05:36   #332  |  Link
netmask

I found a "sort of" workaround. I uninstalled uncropMKV and then installed multiAVCHD as it has uncropMKV within the package. Still no joy running uncrop as a separate program but I can at least add black bars to a non conforming mkv file if I want a AVCHD output.... next stop inspect the registry...
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
Old 3rd July 2013, 08:52   #333  |  Link
netmask

Running UncropMKV from the multiAVCH folder of the fresh new instal resulted in being able to preview M2TS and AVI files. Still no luck with MKV or MPG. I checked several MKV file some with header compression and others without, this made no difference.

So do you know what codec or program UncropMKV uses for it's preview function? Maybe there is a setting to be adjusted?

The preview of the AVI files I loaded didn't get the correct aspect ratio and stretched them to a 3:1 aspect ratio. They were all 16:9 files.

PS BTW nothing wrong with the registry
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
Old 5th July 2013, 21:18   #334  |  Link
golden-berg

For past month, after running UncropMKV to convert to 1080 or 720, and then using tsMuxer to produce a Blu-Ray (NOT an AVCHD) disc, the following results:
- tsMuxer completes with error "Unsupported media type 15 for AVCHD/Blu-ray muxing"
- resulting folder plays on computer with VLC
- once burned with ImgBurn, will NOT play on BD player Panasonic
All this after working beautifully for years! What's going on?
golden-berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 02:39   #335  |  Link
netmask

Solved: MKV not showing in preview.

I tried Codec CodecTweakTool_530 and under Preferred Splitters (86) I ticked the button Haali (recommended). This restored MKV files in the preview mode.

Many thanks for the various suggestions but at the end of the day it was a simple codec problem....
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
Old 13th August 2013, 21:57   #336  |  Link
omegaman7

There has to be a way to uncrop (resubmit black bars for compliancy), without a lot of cpu overhead, or re-encoding. It's a very basic task for a PC Can't wait til I find the way. It'd save me hours and hours, on reencoding! Once video is m2TS/BD compliant, encoding should not be necessary, only to make room for more video.
Old 19th February 2014, 05:59   #337  |  Link
Monty11

Dean,

Great programmes, thank you.

On 5th August 2009 you wrote, "There is an "uncrop"/"re-encode" function in multiAVCHD which is much better than the standalone uncropMKV application. I strongly suggest that all who are aiming at proper AVCHD/BD playback/compatibility to use multiAVCHD, instead of uncropMKV."

Is the output from uncropMKV not as good as multiAVCHD if I just want an uncropped MKV file with quality as high as possible and size not important? What settings would you recommend to achieve this in uncropMKV (for an MKV file) or multiAVCHD (for a blu-ray with no menu)? I'd be very grateful for your advice.
Monty11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, bdmv, compliant, mkv, multiavchd