Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 25th February 2009, 03:25   #61  |  Link
coolalibaba

No, I can not re-produce your problem. My ps3 is always on and everything works as expected
coolalibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 12:32   #62  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I watch a lot of AVCHD content on my PS3 and never had this problem.

1) You plug-in ext. HDD with AVCHD folder in root - PS3 plays it.
2) At the end of the movie PS3 goes back to XMB
3) Remove the drive, go to the PC
4) Rename AVCHD to something else (AVCHD_movie)
5) Rename the folder of the movie you want to watch next to AVCHD
6) Plug-in the HDD to the PS3 and it will play.

There is simply no way PS3 will play the previous movie.

Also - you can use TRIANGLE and select "Play from the beginning" while AVCHD is selected in XMB.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:39   #63  |  Link
idbirch2

I've never seen this happen. I often copy 3-4 movies onto my USB drive, test one on the PS3, move drive to PC, switch to next movie, test, move, switch etc all without turning the PS3 off and it always plays the right movie. The only circumstance in which this should happen is if for some reason, the folder renaming function fails in AVCHDManager. Easiest way to confirm this is check the AVCHD folder before you disconnect and try on the PS3 - play a couple of the .mts files and see if its the right movie. If not, the renaming hasn't worked.
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 20:59   #64  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I watch a lot of AVCHD content on my PS3 and never had this problem.

1) You plug-in ext. HDD with AVCHD folder in root - PS3 plays it.
2) At the end of the movie PS3 goes back to XMB
I press stop before the movie ends on it's own.
3) Remove the drive, go to the PC
4) Rename AVCHD to something else (AVCHD_movie)
5) Rename the folder of the movie you want to watch next to AVCHD
6) Plug-in the HDD to the PS3 and it will play.
From the previous stopped position. Or if I chose "Play from Beginning" it will start the previous movie over.

There is simply no way PS3 will play the previous movie.

Also - you can use TRIANGLE and select "Play from the beginning" while AVCHD is selected in XMB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2
I've never seen this happen. I often copy 3-4 movies onto my USB drive, test one on the PS3, move drive to PC, switch to next movie, test, move, switch etc all without turning the PS3 off and it always plays the right movie. The only circumstance in which this should happen is if for some reason, the folder renaming function fails in AVCHDManager. Easiest way to confirm this is check the AVCHD folder before you disconnect and try on the PS3 - play a couple of the .mts files and see if its the right movie. If not, the renaming hasn't worked.
I verify visually that the renaming took place and check the mts files on my PC... I'll have to check on the PS3 next time too.

One thing I do not do is "disconnect" the drive from the PC, I power down the HDD and unplug, but does that really matter?

I think the issue is the PS3/external communication, when the issue occurs it's like the PS3 thinks for a little longer... once the screen went to snow for a split second, then the previous movie started.

I have a Comstar drive, I'll have to try this out out too, see if the problem exists on it... or if it's just my WD.

Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited by odin24; 25th February 2009 at 21:01.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 21:11   #65  |  Link
idbirch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin24 View Post
I verify visually that the renaming took place and check the mts files on my PC... I'll have to check on the PS3 next time too.
Hm, no need to check on the PS3 if you've already confirmed it on the PC. IF the renaming really has gone correctly, it can only be a problem with your PS3 but I don't understand what that problem could be.

It doesn't make sense because the PS will only recognise the AVCHD folder on a USB device, everything else is ignored so it stands to reason that if the renaming has been successful, the PS has no choice but to play the newly renamed folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin24 View Post
One thing I do not do is "disconnect" the drive from the PC, I power down the HDD and unplug, but does that really matter?
No, it shouldn't.
Old 25th February 2009, 22:10   #66  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Is there a chance that your HDD is one of those with ethernet port and a USB port and you access its contents via LAN and use USB to connect to your PS3?
Old 25th February 2009, 22:30   #67  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Is there a chance that your HDD is one of those with ethernet port and a USB port and you access its contents via LAN and use USB to connect to your PS3?
My Western Digital Home Essential (1TB) has 4 connections; eSata, 2 Firewire, 1 USB 2.0 mini. I had it connected to my PC (eSata) and my PS3 at the same time for a short while... the PS3 had a hard time recognizing it. So now it's connected to one or the other... never both at the same time.

My Comstar (320GB) has USB 2.0 and RJ45 ethernet. Has never been connected to both at the same time.
Old 25th February 2009, 22:38   #68  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It could be the drive and some NVRAM cache or something... No idea... I use 320GB traxstor/traxdata with miniUSB and it works flawlessly.
Old 25th February 2009, 23:49   #69  |  Link
odin24

I'm gonna try on my 320GB drive soon... when I get around to it. This is crazy.
Old 1st March 2009, 20:01   #70  |  Link
shv

New fixclpi tool (v2.30) was released today. Could this version be included in a new release of AVCHDManager?

It would be nice if the Make Default Button is used without using Identify before the Identify could be done implicitely.

Last edited by shv; 1st March 2009 at 20:29.
shv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 22:20   #71  |  Link
idbirch2

I've upped a new version which includes the new fixclpi.exe but I'm not sure I follow you on the other point. I've not changed anything regarding when Identify must be used since the first version. The link for the new version is in the first post of this thread.
Old 1st March 2009, 23:17   #72  |  Link
shv

Thank you for the new version.

The other point was an issue of improvement. Currently when I use Make Default the folder will be renamed to AVCHD and the privious folder name gets lost. To prevent this I must execute Identify before. I would like to propose to create the txt file witch contains the previous folder name as done with Identify when executing Make Default. If I want to change this I could execute Identify later on.

Regards. M.
Old 2nd March 2009, 09:14   #73  |  Link
idbirch2

Although it doesn't jump into the Identify routine automatically, I already covered this avenue, there shouldn't be any way you can lose the previous folder name because if the current AVCHD folder has not been identified and you try and change the default, you should get this:

At that point, it just dumps you back to the movie list with no changes and keeps throwing the same error every time you press Make Defult until you identify it.

Last edited by idbirch2; 2nd March 2009 at 09:16.
Old 3rd March 2009, 21:19   #74  |  Link
insaneoctane

Quote:
I've also just made a GUI for remuxTool, this app fixes .m2ts files output by TSMuxer with TRueHD audio. This fix is only required if you have a TrueHD audio stream in your .m2ts files!
Just checking, but with the latest release of TsMuxeR, (.18 I think), the TrueHD problems are fixed and I don't think we need this remuxTool, correct? I just tried a movie with TrueHD and used the .18 TsMuxeR and it worked perfectly...just looking for confirmation and trying to keep this very helpful thread current.
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:09   #75  |  Link
idbirch2

Yeah, TSMuxer has been updated but from early testing it appears it's only fixed for PS3 owners, a lot of SAPs still have issues. It still isn't clear if there's a difference between TSMuxer 1.8.8 output fixed by RemuxTool and direct output from TSMuxer 1.8.19. From reading various threads in this section, these first few updates to TSMuxer seem really flakey, there's talk of continued TrueHD issues, old .clpi problems that still aren't fixed and possble new .clpi issues. I think I'll leave the option there for now at least until it's determined that RemuxTool offers nothing over TSMuxer 1.8.18/19.
Old 4th March 2009, 19:25   #76  |  Link
shv

I think that my proposal is not yet clear.
Lets assume that there are one or more movies at the drive and the folder names identify each movie.
For the first movie I must push AVCHDMe, Identify and Make Default. If I forget to push Identify the previous folder name will get lost. If I use Make default afterwards it does not work because the AVCHD folder can not be renamed to the previous folder name.

Therefor I want to propose that the details.txt file is written with the privious folder name if I push Make default and this file is not yet available. It will prevent problems if I forget to use Identify before and I need to push one button less. Would be very helpful.

Regards. M.
Old 5th March 2009, 17:44   #77  |  Link
idbirch2

I don't really have any spare time to work on AVCHDManager at the moment but if and when I do, I'll see what I can do.
Old 13th March 2009, 00:20   #78  |  Link
idbirch2

For anyone not aware, TSMuxer now handles TrueHD and file splitting correctly so all the CLPI fixing AVCHDManager had to do before is no longer required. This means I have been able to strip out all that stuff from the code getting it back to a straight forward collection management app. A link to the new version is in the first post of this thread. I've updated the icon again, hopefully this one is a bit more pleasing.

The new TSMuxer can be downloaded here.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:37   #79  |  Link
coolalibaba

thanks a lot for the new version!
coolalibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 16:56   #80  |  Link
insaneoctane

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
For anyone not aware, TSMuxer now handles TrueHD and file splitting correctly so all the CLPI fixing AVCHDManager had to do before is no longer required. This means I have been able to strip out all that stuff from the code getting it back to a straight forward collection management app. A link to the new version is in the first post of this thread. I've updated the icon again, hopefully this one is a bit more pleasing.

The new TSMuxer can be downloaded here.
Your link is for version 1.8.26(b) which is beta
The latest on the smlabs site is 1.8.30(b), also beta, can you confirm if you've used this version successfully?

Thanks

PS- The download for your latest file download isn't working, it just hangs at "Processing download request..." and I tried 2 diff browsers.

Last edited by insaneoctane; 20th March 2009 at 17:15.
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, avchdmanager, avchdme, ps3