Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 29th January 2009, 22:50   #41  |  Link
idbirch2

The other user already had UAC off but didn't have permissions to the system32 directory. If I thought for a second that UAC was of any use, I would look into fixing this but as you've probably guessed, I don't.
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 23:00   #42  |  Link
odin24

I disabled UAC and it worked.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 06:44   #43  |  Link
Krawhitham

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
The other user already had UAC off but didn't have permissions to the system32 directory. If I thought for a second that UAC was of any use, I would look into fixing this but as you've probably guessed, I don't.
add #RequireAdmin to the top of the script, that resolves a lot of my UAC issues
Krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 09:59   #44  |  Link
idbirch2

OK, I've added that line, does anyone want to test it with UAC on? (Download link updated in first post).

Last edited by idbirch2; 1st February 2009 at 13:11.
Old 1st February 2009, 15:18   #45  |  Link
odin24

UAC workaround is OK now, although I am prompted to "Allow/Cancel" access before use, whereas the previous version, or AVCHDme did this (AVCHDme works as it did).

Thanks.

EDIT: Does the autorun function only work for USB devices, or will it work with Firewire/eSata?

Last edited by odin24; 1st February 2009 at 15:46.
Old 1st February 2009, 17:54   #46  |  Link
idbirch2

Autoplay/autorun should work fine for any type of removable drive unless you have certain drive types blacklisted in the registry. 3rd party virtual drive applications can also block autorun from working properly. See here fore more detail.
Old 1st February 2009, 19:17   #47  |  Link
odin24

Followed the link's advice, still nothing. I have a 1TB WD Home Edition. No big deal, the drive will be permanently connected to my PC via eSATA, and a USB running to my PS3. I made a shortcut on my desktop so I'll be good. Thanks for the help.
Old 12th February 2009, 06:07   #48  |  Link
Paulo Guimaraes

Hello there,

My antivirus (AVAST) report a trojan (Win32:Agent-ADUR [Trj]) in exec file.

Are you see that thing?

Tanks,

Paulo Guimarães
Paulo Guimaraes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 09:43   #49  |  Link
idbirch2

Some antivirus vendors flag all AutoIt compiled .exes as viruses because they're too lazy or too stupid to detect them properly. Report the false positive to Avast or get a decent AV app.
Old 15th February 2009, 14:53   #50  |  Link
idbirch2

I've just finished making a GUI for dburckh's remuxTool. His app fixes TrueHD output from TSMuxer so now all formats are support in AVCHD on the PS3! The fix must be applied to each .m2ts file seperately which I was finding a bit labourious so I made this GUI which just needs pointing at your BDMV folder and it will apply the patching to all .m2ts files found within.

If you look back at the first page of this thread, at the bottom of the first post, I have added a download link for the GUI. remuxTool is included and you will be asked where you want to place it on the first run.
Old 15th February 2009, 15:28   #51  |  Link
odin24

Thanks to dburckh and yourself!!! Have you tested yet, does the TrueHD playback OK, split and/or in one file?

Last edited by odin24; 15th February 2009 at 15:34.
Old 15th February 2009, 15:43   #52  |  Link
idbirch2

I've tested on batman (1989) and batman begins and in both cases, TrueHD played fine. Not tested single files as I only really use the AVCHD on hard disk method.
Old 15th February 2009, 16:11   #53  |  Link
odin24

Alrighty then... I'm processing The Matrix (HDDVD remux) at the moment, I wanna see for myself (not that I don't believe you) how well this app works, I will then use AVCHDME-Undo, then test on a BD-RE... covering all angles My inlaws have all of my blanks though.
Old 15th February 2009, 16:44   #54  |  Link
odin24

I've encountered a strange occurance with AVCHD Manager. I used it to make the TrueHD remux I am testing the default AVCHD folder, however when I connect it to my PS3 the previous title I was watching starts to play. Sure enough, the "default" renaming has been undone.

What the heck is going on, could it be the PS3's memory that is doing this?

EDIT: Third time's a charm, the rename stuck. No TrueHD though, is the executable .jar file supposed to be placed in the BDMV folder?

EDIT2: Man, this isn't my day... I think it's working properly though. The first two attempts the whole process took seconds, now it's actually taking about a minute per m2ts.

Last edited by odin24; 15th February 2009 at 17:19.
Old 15th February 2009, 19:19   #55  |  Link
idbirch2

1 minute per .m2ts file sounds about right, it shouldn't be any quicker than that. After all, it is parsing and patching 4GB of data each time. With regard to your AVCHDManager issue, I cannot think how that outcome could possibly come to be. There's no way the renaming would ever be "undone" so the only explanation is that the renaming never happened in the first place. If it were me and I was experiencing that situation, I imagine a reboot would cure all ills.
Old 15th February 2009, 19:24   #56  |  Link
lionelblair

Quote:
I've just finished making a GUI for dburckh's remuxTool. His app fixes TrueHD output from TSMuxer so now all formats are support in AVCHD on the PS3! The fix must be applied to each .m2ts file seperately which I was finding a bit labourious so I made this GUI which just needs pointing at your BDMV folder and it will apply the patching to all .m2ts files found within.

If you look back at the first page of this thread, at the bottom of the first post, I have added a download link for the GUI. remuxTool is included and you will be asked where you want to place it on the first run.
I see you used AutoIT to write your program, isn't it marvellous!
lionelblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 22:00   #57  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
1 minute per .m2ts file sounds about right, it shouldn't be any quicker than that. After all, it is parsing and patching 4GB of data each time. With regard to your AVCHDManager issue, I cannot think how that outcome could possibly come to be. There's no way the renaming would ever be "undone" so the only explanation is that the renaming never happened in the first place. If it were me and I was experiencing that situation, I imagine a reboot would cure all ills.

At first I thought the rename never took place, I re-ran, verified and it happnened again. The third time it worked fine.

Have you tried The Dark Knight yet? Ryu77 was unsuccessful with this title.
Old 15th February 2009, 22:12   #58  |  Link
idbirch2

Haven't got the Dark Knight to try I'm afraid.
Old 18th February 2009, 20:17   #59  |  Link
idbirch2

Have updated the first post with a new version which fixes an annoying little problem where the GUI loses focus after running AVCHDMe.
Old 25th February 2009, 00:33   #60  |  Link
odin24

A while back I was experiencing an unusual problem; I'd use AVCHD manager, rename the movie I want to watch then away I go. The unusual part was the movie I previoulsy watched would start... not the one I just renamed.

Well it's still happening, and I think I know why. It only happens if I finish a movie, bring my drive back to my PC (while the PS3 stays on), rename the new movie, and start it up on the PS3... then the previousy movie starts!!!

I think the PS3 needs to be shut down or it will remember what I was watching and resume from where I left off... after all as far as the PS3 is concerned I keep watching a movie called "AVCHD".

Could someone please try this and see if they can reproduce my issue. I'm not sure if it is just my drive or what. I have a WD 1TB Home Edition.

Tags
avchd, avchdmanager, avchdme, ps3