Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 14th January 2009, 21:59   #21  |  Link
musicman2311

Thanks, I had asked since the guide was not clear to me - however it is clearer now - i saw the tool creates names for AVCHD rather than Blu Ray (as if you have a AVCHD cam and use the files from SD card as they are).
I also confirmed tsmuxer creates several parts with an according number of clipinf and 1 playlist file.

I have just created a test AVCHD structure with Nero 8, it contains a Menue and 5 clips if 1 second each from HD cam.
As a result there is now an AVCHD with a Menue for 5 clips.... since this is a static, non animated menue, it creates 1 *.mts file for the menue in the BDMV STREAM folder and its corresponding clipinf.

Question to the experts:

Could we replicate such sturcture for e.g. 50 clips (movies) and put them into one big AVCHD structure say on a 1 Terrabyte HDD.

Not sure how practical that is, but if it works, then you have all your movies under 1 menue in 1 structure and there is no need to unplug from PS3 (provide you dont update content)

Just food for thought.....
musicman2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 00:57   #22  |  Link
insaneoctane

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin24 View Post
@idbirch2
I have it partitioned as well, a 50GB FAT32 and the rest NTFS. I can manage the files through my PC, transfer to the FAT32 partition and view on my PS3, without disconnecting.
Yeah, but this file transfer from partition to partition takes TOO long (20 minutes +)...If I decide to watch something, I don't want to wait that long...

I do like the idea of manipulating the drive via network, but my 1.5TB is USB2.0 and eSATA, no RJ45

That's why I was wondering if it was possible to write some app on the PS3. Is it possible?
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 09:22   #23  |  Link
idbirch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman2311 View Post
Could we replicate such sturcture for e.g. 50 clips (movies) and put them into one big AVCHD structure say on a 1 Terrabyte HDD.

Not sure how practical that is, but if it works, then you have all your movies under 1 menue in 1 structure and there is no need to unplug from PS3 (provide you dont update content)
Please stay on topic, create your own thread or maybe ask in the MultiAVCHD thread for stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneoctane View Post
That's why I was wondering if it was possible to write some app on the PS3. Is it possible?
I think Dean has already answered this question as best anyone can here, it's possible it could be done in BD-J but also highly likely that external USB drives are not accessible or at least not writeable when using that platform.
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 15:18   #24  |  Link
idbirch2

New version released which shows with red and green flags which folders already comply to 8.3 filename standards and which need fixing. Screenshot and download links updated in first post.

Last edited by idbirch2; 28th January 2009 at 18:02. Reason: Fixed stupid bug and re-uploaded
Old 25th January 2009, 16:58   #25  |  Link
odin24

I have a question regarding AVCHDMe-Undo. After using it, do the streams append properly for re-encoding.

Usually I'll watch my movie from a BD-RE or the PS3's HDD... if I like it I'll shrink to DVD9, however I have a bunch building up so I'm thinking of storing them on an external FAT32... might as well use AVCHD Manager.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 17:09   #26  |  Link
idbirch2

Yes, I've used TSMuxer to convert an AVCHD folder back to a single .m2ts. I ran AVCHDMe-undo and then opened the .mpls in TSMuxer.
Old 26th January 2009, 09:19   #27  |  Link
odin24

Good to know, thanks. It's been a while since I've check this thread... how's AVCHD-Man. coming along?
Old 26th January 2009, 12:00   #28  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

@idbirch2: I hope you don't mind - I added details.txt generation in multiAVCHD. link

It will generate details.txt with this format:

* My Birthday | Party (DVI) | Concert Sofia | bla-bla-bla | bla2

Dean
Old 26th January 2009, 13:35   #29  |  Link
idbirch2

Quote:
... how's AVCHD-Man. coming along?
It's pretty much done I think so nothing new since the red/green 8.3 flags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
@idbirch2: I hope you don't mind - I added details.txt generation in multiAVCHD
Hi Dean, of course I don't mind. It's great that your ouputs will be AVCHDManager ready as I notice you recently implemented custom menus which means I'll now be using it all the time! I'll try it later and check that the piping doesn't confuse AVCHDManager (I think AutoIt sees pipes as string delimiters by default) and put out a new version if required.
Old 26th January 2009, 14:51   #30  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I can change "|" to anything you want. multiavchd removes all slashes, ? / \ ! , etc... so output should be safe. "|" works at this point with AVCHDManager.
Old 26th January 2009, 14:56   #31  |  Link
idbirch2

Oh cool, you've tested it already, I can't test until I get home you see. In that case odin24, there's nothing new on the horizon for AVCHDManager as I think it does everything it needs to at this point. Unless anyone has any feature requests?

I already know the Safely Remove doesn't work in Windows7, I don't intend to address that as I have no idea what's changed under the hood for removing drives in Win7.
Old 26th January 2009, 15:48   #32  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

May be... if you can implement hints on mouse hover over AVCHD folder names... because if names are too long they can't be seen.
Old 27th January 2009, 15:42   #33  |  Link
idbirch2

I've implemented your request Dean, hovering over any title which is wider than the column will show a tooltip with the full title, give it a try. Download link updated in first post.

Last edited by idbirch2; 28th January 2009 at 18:02.
Old 27th January 2009, 16:19   #34  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Thanks... Works really nice now.
Old 28th January 2009, 18:04   #35  |  Link
idbirch2

Just upped another small update. I've added a few tooltips to some of the buttons that aren't self-explanatory and added a button for exporting your movie list to a text file. See first post for new link.
Old 29th January 2009, 20:35   #36  |  Link
odin24

I'm trying to run the Manager (for the first time), I'm all set up properly... however When I attempt to rename I get an error "Unable to copy fixclpi.exe from C:\Windows\system32 to N:\AVCHD". Then it freezes until it is closed throu Task Manager.

Do I really need to place fixclpi in the specified folder? AVCHDMe doesn't require this???

Last edited by odin24; 29th January 2009 at 20:43.
Old 29th January 2009, 20:56   #37  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

This reminds me to report that after I use the program fixclpi.exe remains in the AVCHD folder I rename/change.
Old 29th January 2009, 21:06   #38  |  Link
idbirch2

Quote:
I'm trying to run the Manager (for the first time), I'm all set up properly... however When I attempt to rename I get an error "Unable to copy fixclpi.exe from C:\Windows\system32 to N:\AVCHD". Then it freezes until it is closed throu Task Manager.

Do I really need to place fixclpi in the specified folder? AVCHDMe doesn't require this???
It is required, it's extracted to system32 when you launch AVCHDManager and then copied to your AVCHD folder in order to apply the fix. I had another user report this on another forum and it was a permissions issue, you must be running a limited user account (probably under Windows Vista). Give yourself full permissions to system32 or make yourself an admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
This reminds me to report that after I use the program fixclpi.exe remains in the AVCHD folder I rename/change.
Yes, this has ben reported before and I forgot to fix it in the last update. I can reassure everyone though that it does not interfere with the AVCHD structure so it doesn't matter if you leave it. I'll fix it at some point.
Old 29th January 2009, 21:41   #39  |  Link
idbirch2

OK, I've tried to address both issues, there's now a check on the fixclpi.exe extraction which gives you some advice on what to do if it fails and the fixclpi.exe is now cleaned up properly after running AVCHDMe. Download link updated in first post.
Old 29th January 2009, 22:09   #40  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
It is required, it's extracted to system32 when you launch AVCHDManager and then copied to your AVCHD folder in order to apply the fix. I had another user report this on another forum and it was a permissions issue, you must be running a limited user account (probably under Windows Vista). Give yourself full permissions to system32 or make yourself an admin.
I have admin privlidges on my PC, and I am running Vista 32. When I try to change permission everything is greyed out. I bet if I disable the User Account Control feature everything will be fine... I'd rather leave it though.

Did the other user with the same issue resolve this?

Last edited by odin24; 29th January 2009 at 23:02.

Tags
avchd, avchdmanager, avchdme, ps3