Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th December 2003, 23:38   #1  |  Link
streets97f

Reauthoring Menus?

I've been in and out of almost every program on the site and i don't se anything that will help with reauthoring a already exsiting Menu structure (i.e. VTS_01_0.ifo). I've pretty much got down how to Demux the main move and extras, strip out unwanted menus, langueges, etc using infoedit, and somewhat how to reauthor the movie structure w/ scenerist. Is there a DVD authoring (such as scenerist) program that can directly import IFO files? Or maybe a guide that will show how to demux the menu VOB ids, nav & subs (i know how to do this) and then reauthor the orignal structure for editing...and finally remux with all vob ids in right place?

I'm sure there is a way of doing this with Ifoedit, but i'm not versed well enough with ifoedit to do it.

An example: Take a vts_01_0.ifo and vts_01_0.vob and insert some extra manu items like: "this menu has been deleted from this disk..ref to disk 2". Then remux.

I don't know...mayby i missed a guide somewhere. Can anyone help me out?

Joel
streets97f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2003, 23:48   #2  |  Link
riprazor

menuedit

A registered version of menuedit will allow you to all buttons to an already existing .vob file as well as delete buttons you do not want. Used in conjunction with Ifoedit, you should be able to accomplish what you want to do. Menuedit's registration fee is under $20 and worth every penny.
riprazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2003, 01:24   #3  |  Link
jcclow

I agree with riprazor, register Menuedit. It's worth the money. I was a little pissed about the fee, while great progs like DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink were free (so far I've donated to DVD Shrink author after Xmas, Decrypter), but it's a great program.
jcclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2003, 10:33   #4  |  Link
Dimad

Thanks for good words about MenuEdit.

Just to avoid confusing anyone: MenuEdit has very "limited" authoring capabilities at the moment. It is possible to add butons to menu, but it will not change menu graphics and subpicture for you. May be sometime in the future.

Q Can machine think?
A Machine should not think. Machine must run.

Dimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2003, 16:52   #5  |  Link
tomgofly

Try here

This guide should almost do what you are wanting...

It shows how to create menus for a reauthored movie, but I have not been able to figure out how to steal existing menus and create a new structure. Keep in mind it is slightly out of date. The latest of these programs will allow you to skip some steps, but you seem knowlegable enough to know what shortcuts can be used.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=58791

also check back on my post here about a problem with this method here

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67265

-TGF
tomgofly is offline   Reply With Quote