Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Closed Thread

Old 20th May 2007, 23:14   #1161  |  Link
WalterK

OR simply stop supporting drm crippled music.
FairUse Did its job if you were tricked into these services/online stores.
Then there was a way to get your music drm free.
But by now you should know better even with the lawsuit dropped it looks like the creator won't be coming back anytime soon and as the digital music stores/services and microsoft continue to update their software FairUse will become more and more outdated when dealing with the updates.
Old 21st May 2007, 06:58   #1162  |  Link
mysekurity

cdeviney (and hicux): If you look at the other posts in the forum (look back a few pages), you will see that it /is/ possible to revert to FU4WM-friendly components, but simply using system restore or the built-in tools Microsoft gives you will not work (obviously).

You should still be able to use the newer version of Yahoo! Unlimited, as the rollback won't touch those components, however. If not, just be glad it lasted for as long as it did.
Old 21st May 2007, 07:19   #1163  |  Link
Blind Melon

When I get this error "wma requires a different private key."... doesn't that mean I have to "recover keys" by hitting back, then hitting the "recover keys" button? However, when I do this, it doesn't work...
Old 21st May 2007, 17:30   #1164  |  Link
mysekurity

Blind Melon: What is the error message?

One thing you can try: play the file in WMP, and while it's playing, try to decrypt. That usually works for me.
Old 21st May 2007, 17:35   #1165  |  Link
mysekurity

WalterK: The ultimate goal, of course, is to get rid of the DRM completely, from end-to-end, but for now, the only way to get most mainstream music online is through a DRM-enabled store. I agree that non-DRM'd content should be purchased whenever available. It seems that Viodentia will not be coming back, (or Monkeyboy, for that matter...no one ever remembers him...), but until then, we can all gather round in a circle and sing Kumbaya.
Old 22nd May 2007, 01:35   #1166  |  Link
Blind Melon

The error message is in the quotes... it says about the private keys... I did try playing it in WMP and then decrypting, but that didn't work..
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:26   #1167  |  Link
anahita
Suspended for forum rule violations

When doing a properties on music in urge it says they are 129kbps so that's where I got my info. I was inside windows vista RC1 and using media player. i installed the urge thing just to see it. did not sign up. doing properties on music it says 129kbps. if when downloaded they are better then 128k that's cool then.
Old 24th May 2007, 00:51   #1168  |  Link
mysekurity

Blind Melon: Did you try decrypting it _while_ it was playing? What error does it give you when you try to recover keys again?
Old 24th May 2007, 00:53   #1169  |  Link
mysekurity

Anahita: When you download music from URGE, the tracks are encoded at 192 kbps WMA (protected). See earlier in the thread for how to decrypt on Vista.
Old 24th May 2007, 02:05   #1170  |  Link
Blind Melon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysekurity View Post
Blind Melon: Did you try decrypting it _while_ it was playing? What error does it give you when you try to recover keys again?

"Extraction in progress on "Indiv03.key" 11.0.6000.6324 -- Please wait.
Phase 0 : Blocks: 1340 Large 0 Small, Errors: 0,1 Candidates: 4,3,2
Failure - Unable to identify RC4 and AES internal keys."
Old 24th May 2007, 04:57   #1171  |  Link
mysekurity

Your "ibx" is too new to work with FairUse4WM. Please look a couple pages back to figure out what to do, or PM me, and I'll walk you through it.
Old 24th May 2007, 06:57   #1172  |  Link
Blind Melon

Sent ya a message.
Old 25th May 2007, 13:36   #1173  |  Link
CZroe

Question: I want to do all of my FU4WM stuff on a Virtual Machine so that I don't have to worry about messing with my Windows Media Player files (it also allows easy backup of your entire subscription account/fles/keys, etc for multiple PCs). I'd like the VM drive image to be as small as possible, so I have a question:
Is FU4WM Windows XP-only? Can I install WMP10 beta on Windows 2000 or something with a smaller footprint and still use FU4WM?
Old 26th May 2007, 00:18   #1174  |  Link
mysekurity

I think it's interesting how much credit people give Viodentia. Not that he isn't the man for creating this, but he even says in his first post that FU4WM is just a GUI for DrmDbg. Sure the updates to the program foiled Microsoft's patches, but it's really the codebase from DrmDbg that made it all possible. Monkeyboy is responsible for the latest fix, enabling us to use 11.0.57 and before.

I wonder what "lark" is up to these days

P.S. I'm curious as to why the files in my %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\DRM folder are version 11.0.6 when my ibx is 11.0.57. What's the disconnect here?
Old 26th May 2007, 15:19   #1175  |  Link
WalterK

CZroe it might work in windows 2000 but i am not sure.
It was listed as being Xp only.

Secondly you can install a small version of XP on a virtual machine say an image about 350mb or less.
How?
Simply use nlite (google search) and have your original windows installation CD, you can then pick and choose what will be taken from the orginal cd and windows updates to be put on the image.
After creating simply mount the image with daemon tools or burn to a cd and install on your virtual machine.

Note Nlite does not work with Win9X.
Old 27th May 2007, 02:34   #1176  |  Link
Blind Melon

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but after I installed Zune, my undrm'ing process wouldn't work (and this was caused because of Zune)... so I just uninstalled Zune, uninstalled WMP and everything else, then reinstalled WMP, no Zune this time, and it works... only thing is, I'd love to have Zune accessible so I can play music from my HDD on my X360... but if I have to use my iPod... that really doesn't bother me, just was wondering if there's a way around this.
Old 27th May 2007, 20:52   #1177  |  Link
mysekurity

Blind Melon: Many people have had problems with Zune and FU, but I am not one of them. Just so you know, Zune is basically WMP11 with a few tweaks. You can use the 360's streaming option from within WMP11.
Old 30th May 2007, 05:42   #1178  |  Link
schil

I was using FairUse to remove DRM from many albums in my library when it stopped working after I updated my system. Now I would like to determine which files in my library are still protected with DRM. Does anyone know how to search for WMA files that are still under DRM?
Old 30th May 2007, 05:47   #1179  |  Link
mysekurity

schil: WMP can tell you which files are still protected. Go to the songs menu item in your library and enter "Protected:yes" (minus the quotes) in the search box. This will list all of your protected files.

Another way is to use FairUseCommander, a program that works with FairUse4WM to batch convert protected tracks. If the checkbox is selected, it will find for you and que up your protected files to be converted. It's quite handy.

If you want to know how to revert your system to be able to unDRM again (it's really simple), or just want a copy of FairUseCommander, drop me a private message.
Old 1st June 2007, 03:45   #1180  |  Link
Ren

Hi all, I got a little lost in such long thread. But if I got it right, I can't unDRM wmv file, which requires for playing KB891122 installed, am I right?
Closed Thread