Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 9th June 2010, 18:28   #1821  |  Link
mremulator

Is the SolveigNM splitter 32 & 64 bit?
mremulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 19:45   #1822  |  Link
mremulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
Here are the test files:

Pls give it a go with this way:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...25#post1406725

You will get core ac3 or just dts core with that setup.
Or if you re-tick THD or DTSHD boxes, you will get blue light back as well

BTW i'd suggest you to use combo systems if you have Giga mobos. Video over your VGA and audio over your Clarkdale.
OK... both your test files (m2ts) work fine. However, I still can't get DTS (core only) from an MKV with a DTS HD MA tracK (Tried Legion & Avatar)? The DTS light is lit on my AVR-1909, however, the channel lights flicker and I get no audio.

Would like to try this om my HTPC (Radeon), but I need a 64-bit build of the SolveigNM Matroska filter to test.

Last edited by mremulator; 9th June 2010 at 20:14.
Old 9th June 2010, 20:25   #1823  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mremulator View Post
OK... both your test files (m2ts) work fine. However, I still can't get DTS (core only) from an MKV with a DTS HD MA tracK (Tried Legion & Avatar)? The DTS light is lit on my AVR-1909, however, the channel lights flicker and I get no audio.

Would like to try this om my HTPC (Radeon), but I need a 64-bit build of the SolveigNM Matroska filter to test.
I think there is a bug with ffdshow, as (over spdif) I had the same issue of getting no audio (but DTS light on) when playing back a DTS-HD MA track.
rsd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 23:49   #1824  |  Link
rica

Quote:

You don't need a 64 bit splitter at all. I'm using it on my 7/64.

On the other hand i'm uploading my output dts-hd mkv and please give it a go.

EDIT:

And here you are, pls give it a try with both HDMI and SPDIF:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ntai3mljzoz

And use EVR.
_ _ _ _

Last edited by rica; 10th June 2010 at 00:49.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 07:14   #1825  |  Link
mremulator

Quote:
You don't need a 64 bit splitter at all. I'm using it on my 7/64.

On the other hand i'm uploading my output dts-hd mkv and please give it a go.

EDIT:

And here you are, pls give it a try with both HDMI and SPDIF:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ntai3mljzoz

And use EVR.
_ _ _ _
Thanks Rica.

However, my goal is to get everything working properly in Windows Media Center 7. Therefore, I need to register the SolveigNM filter for 64-bit. I was under the impression that this was a 32-bit filter only at the moment? Also EVR is the default video renderer in WMC7/WMP no?

I also tried your dts-hd MKV... it worked fine through S/PDIF (have not tried other PC yet). But none of my MKV's with DTS-HD MA work (core only)? Actually, when I say "it worked fine"... it worked in MPC HC, however, not when I set up everything in GraphStudio as you recommended. The only difference between the two is MPC HC was using EVR Custom Pres. and I set up GraphStudio to use EVR as the renderer.

One thing I noticed though is that I can't verify your clip in MediaInfo. I get no info like I do with my files? Are you sure it's master audio?

Last edited by mremulator; 10th June 2010 at 07:32.
Old 10th June 2010, 21:23   #1826  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Thanks Rica.

I also tried your dts-hd MKV... it worked fine through S/PDIF (have not tried other PC yet). But none of my MKV's with DTS-HD MA work (core only)? Actually, when I say "it worked fine"... it worked in MPC HC, however, not when I set up everything in GraphStudio as you recommended. The only difference between the two is MPC HC was using EVR Custom Pres. and I set up GraphStudio to use EVR as the renderer.

One thing I noticed though is that I can't verify your clip in MediaInfo. I get no info like I do with my files? Are you sure it's master audio?
Yes mediainfo doesn't recognize muxed files by Solveig for the time being.

But i may recognize very well that i can get thd only or ac3 core only from a THD.mkv and i can get dtshd only or dts core only from a DTSHD.mkv:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...25#post1406725

Quote:
I also tried your dts-hd MKV... it worked fine through S/PDIF (have not tried other PC yet). But none of my MKV's with DTS-HD MA work (core only)?
Yes that is not surprising

BTW it doesn't matter what renderer your application uses: EVR or EVR Custom.

Last edited by rica; 11th June 2010 at 01:59.
Old 10th June 2010, 22:07   #1827  |  Link
rica

Here is the second file for testers;

THD+ac3 mkv:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u40mjmdynyn
Old 11th June 2010, 07:34   #1828  |  Link
mremulator

Quote:

Yes that is not surprising
Why? Is it the way they have been encoded? Like I said... still does not work in GraphStudio, only MPC HC.

*Edit* Dmitry Vergheles said they will compile a 64-bit version... cool.

rica... why does MY mkv splitter of choice (Haali/Gabtest/SolveigMM) not show in GraphStudio when I "render media file"?
However, filter is registered and working properly (confirmed by codec tweak tool).

Last edited by mremulator; 11th June 2010 at 18:52.
Old 12th June 2010, 22:33   #1829  |  Link
rica

Quote:
rica... why does MY mkv splitter of choice (Haali/Gabtest/SolveigMM) not show in GraphStudio when I "render media file"?
However, filter is registered and working properly (confirmed by codec tweak tool).
I have no idea; but it may help:

http://alax.info/blog/1111

Or try to add filters manually.

Last edited by rica; 13th June 2010 at 00:19.
Old 14th June 2010, 23:29   #1830  |  Link
SamuriHL

Hey guys. Has anyone tried the new version of Haali from 5/20 with ffdshow and bitstreaming? I installed it to test out some subtitle stuff and much to my absolute amazement, it seems to be working! DTS-HD MA and TrueHD are both bitstreaming in an MKV container. I haven't tried from disc yet so will do that now, but, I could have sworn DTS-HD MA was broken before. If I no longer have any problems I'm going to be super psyched now cause Haali solves my subtitle splitting issue perfectly. I'm now a true believer in MKV's.
Old 14th June 2010, 23:35   #1831  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Hey guys. Has anyone tried the new version of Haali from 5/20 with ffdshow and bitstreaming? I installed it to test out some subtitle stuff and much to my absolute amazement, it seems to be working! DTS-HD MA and TrueHD are both bitstreaming in an MKV container. I haven't tried from disc yet so will do that now, but, I could have sworn DTS-HD MA was broken before. If I no longer have any problems I'm going to be super psyched now cause Haali solves my subtitle splitting issue perfectly. I'm now a true believer in MKV's.
I tested the latest Haali via SageTV 7. TrueHD worked flawless but DTS(MA) was horrible. Now that being said, it may have been a SageTV issue and not Haali, but I need to spend more time testing

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
dbone1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 23:39   #1832  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
I tested the latest Haali via SageTV 7. TrueHD worked flawless but DTS(MA) was horrible. Now that being said, it may have been a SageTV issue and not Haali, but I need to spend more time testing
Still haven't gotten around to testing SageTV 7, but, Haali broke my ability to play BD mounted ISO's in MPC-HC. However, let's just say I don't care about that because I have plenty of options for disc playback. What I DO care about, though is solid MKV playback as that's the format I intend to use going forward. And so far, I've tried a couple different MKV's with DTS-HD MA embedded and they're playing most smoothly. I can absolutely live with the trade off of disc playback for MKV support. I'm honestly very pleased right now!
Old 14th June 2010, 23:56   #1833  |  Link
SamuriHL

Son of a building block. Ok, the story gets more convoluted. I have some MKV's I've made from movie only ISO's that I created with ClownBD. That uses eac3to to extract the streams, and tsMuxer to put them back together. I use ImgBurn to make the ISO. Yes, there's a point to this...bear with me here. I always do a full protected ISO for BD+ protected titles, so those aren't messed with at all. And for the past week or so before I started using MakeMKV, I was making movie only+menu ISO's with ClownBD BD Copier. Again, there's a point to mentioning all this. My experiment shows that if my MKV was made from an ISO that was touched by either eac3to or tsMuxer (not sure which yet...more testing needed) then with Haali the DTS-HD MA track will NOT play. It breaks up exactly as before. Interesting to note that MakeMKV wouldn't touch those ClownBD made ISOs, either. I had to extract them and use mkvmerge on them. (I could have just pulled the originals off the shelf but I'm lazy and hard drive access is faster). The MakeMKV ones that were made from my protected images or movie only + menu images or originals play fine with Haali. It's the ones that were touched either by eac3to or tsMuxer (I'm leaning towards tsMuxer being the culprit) that are refusing to play properly. This would seem to indicate that Haali is very picky about the stream. Can someone else confirm this finding if you have time? I'd very much appreciate it.
Old 15th June 2010, 00:13   #1834  |  Link
liquidskin76

Quote:
Son of a building block. Ok, the story gets more convoluted. I have some MKV's I've made from movie only ISO's that I created with ClownBD. That uses eac3to to extract the streams, and tsMuxer to put them back together. I use ImgBurn to make the ISO. Yes, there's a point to this...bear with me here. I always do a full protected ISO for BD+ protected titles, so those aren't messed with at all. And for the past week or so before I started using MakeMKV, I was making movie only+menu ISO's with ClownBD BD Copier. Again, there's a point to mentioning all this. My experiment shows that if my MKV was made from an ISO that was touched by either eac3to or tsMuxer (not sure which yet...more testing needed) then with Haali the DTS-HD MA track will NOT play. It breaks up exactly as before. Interesting to note that MakeMKV wouldn't touch those ClownBD made ISOs, either. I had to extract them and use mkvmerge on them. (I could have just pulled the originals off the shelf but I'm lazy and hard drive access is faster). The MakeMKV ones that were made from my protected images or movie only + menu images or originals play fine with Haali. It's the ones that were touched either by eac3to or tsMuxer (I'm leaning towards tsMuxer being the culprit) that are refusing to play properly. This would seem to indicate that Haali is very picky about the stream. Can someone else confirm this finding if you have time? I'd very much appreciate it.
Hey SamuriHL,

I'll do some tests however won't be until tomorrow. I'll do a backup, then do some comparisons using eac3to and tsmuxer.

Will let you know.

Cheers
liquidskin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 00:20   #1835  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidskin76 View Post
Hey SamuriHL,

I'll do some tests however won't be until tomorrow. I'll do a backup, then do some comparisons using eac3to and tsmuxer.

Will let you know.

Cheers
Thanks! I'm running out of time tonight to do any more and I won't be home tomorrow. I'm nearly positive it's tsMuxer that's "causing" this issue. I think it's doing something to the DTS-HD MA stream that Haali doesn't like and that other splitters don't seem to care about. However, the fact that MakeMKV doesn't seem to like the streams either suggest it may be more than just a Haali problem. Yea, ok, MPC-HC internal splitter seems to not care, but, that's no longer a great option for me as I have embedded PGS subs that it can't seem to handle. I have a "work around" of sorts for movies that require subs but it's not one I overly love. Fortunately not all my movies require forced or foreign language subs, so, it's not a huge issue at the moment, but, I'd like to find a happy balance where I can play my new MKV's with embedded PGS subs AND still bitstream. If that means having to remake half my MKV's from the originals, so be it I guess. I just want to verify before I go through the trouble.
Old 15th June 2010, 19:34   #1836  |  Link
esoteradactyl

I have 250+ bluray rips, all using eac3to and none work with haali. I'm guessing tsmuxer and eac3to both do something the splitter doesn't like. I think right now our best bet at getting a splitter that works crrectly, would be to join in on the discussion of the new splitter/muxer SolveigMM. The thread is located here and developers are active and seem to be interested in feedback/suggestions.
esoteradactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 19:57   #1837  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteradactyl View Post
I have 250+ bluray rips, all using eac3to and none work with haali. I'm guessing tsmuxer and eac3to both do something the splitter doesn't like.
Which software media player are you using?
Old 15th June 2010, 20:11   #1838  |  Link
SamuriHL

That would seem to confirm what I'm seeing. However, MakeMKV's stream ripping seems to be more compliant. So, I think for me I'm just going to (eventually) rerip all my titles with MakeMKV and call it good. Haali is a great splitter. It can't really be blamed if the streams aren't fully compliant.
Old 15th June 2010, 20:51   #1839  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
That would seem to confirm what I'm seeing. However, MakeMKV's stream ripping seems to be more compliant. So, I think for me I'm just going to (eventually) rerip all my titles with MakeMKV and call it good. Haali is a great splitter. It can't really be blamed if the streams aren't fully compliant.
If you already have AnyDVD an alternative to MakeMKV would be Another EAC3To GUI. The only thing you lose currently that MakeMKV has is PGS subs, but right now those are so scarcely supported in any players that I prefer the IDX/SUB subtitles AEAC creates. I have to assume at some point PGS subtitles will be more universally supported (MKVMerge would have to add support to probably get the ball rolling)

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
dbone1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 20:55   #1840  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
If you already have AnyDVD an alternative to MakeMKV would be Another EAC3To GUI. The only thing you lose currently that MakeMKV has is PGS subs, but right now those are so scarcely supported in any players that I prefer the IDX/SUB subtitles AEAC creates. I have to assume at some point PGS subtitles will be more universally supported (MKVMerge would have to add support to probably get the ball rolling)
I actually enjoy the PGS subs being embedded and the easiness of the MakeMKV UI. Plus, the jury's still out on the eac3to extracted streams and whether or not they at fault for the haali issue. (I need to do testing but I don't have a lot of time today). Add to the fact that MakeMKV will make the MKV directly off the disc, and, well, it's rather convenient. Worth 50 bucks? To me, probably, as it saves a lot of time. With eac3to, you must first extract the streams to the hard drive, then put them back together with mkvmerge. Not as convenient, but, still works well. Other than the aforementioned PGS sub issue. The whole point of this discussion is the fact that with Haali+ffdshow+mpc-hc, I get full support for MKV's with embedded PGS subs. I rather like it.