Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 25th July 2015, 15:30   #1  |  Link
VideoFanatic

Can't get MP_Pipeline 0.18 to Work

I'm an experienced Avisynth user but I can't seem to get MP Pipeline to work. I have Windows 7 64-bit installed. I have Avisynth 2.6 MT installed. I also installed Avisynth 64-bit MT 4-16-10. I copied the following Avisynth 64-bit dll's into this directory "C:\Windows\System32":

avisynth.dll
DevIL.dll

I ran the batch installed file and it said it was successful.

I copied the x86 MP_Pipeline.dll file into C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins

I copied the x64 MP_Pipeline.dll file into C:\Program Files <x86>\AviSynth 2.5\plugins64\

I copied all my 32-bit plugins into the 64-bit plugins directory.

Here's my script:
Code:
MP_Pipeline("""
FFVideoSource("E:video.mpg")
QTGMC()
### prefetch: 16, 0
### ###
""")
# MCTD()
It doesn't work and the script won't start encoding. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have a step by step guide as to how to install it correctly?

Last edited by VideoFanatic; 25th July 2015 at 15:47.
VideoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2015, 01:49   #2  |  Link
SAPikachu

What error message do you get when opening the script in AvsPMod/VDub?

ffms2 builds with 10bit output hack:
libav-9a60b1f / ffmpeg-1e4d049 / FFmbc-0.7.1
Built from ffms2 6e0d654 (hack a9fe004)

Mirrors: http://bit.ly/19TwDD3
SAPikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2015, 05:14   #3  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Does it do anything when you open a simple script with veedub64, like Version()? What about if your script is just FFVideoSource("E:video.mpg").QTGMC()? (Ignore MP_Pipeline for now.)

Oh, I just saw you copied 32-bit plugins into the 64-bit folder. That's never going to work, they're completely incompatible and I'm surprised it didn't crash. You have to download 64-bit versions of everything. (The avisynth+ project provided 64-bit versions of all of the popular ones, and usually fixed a lot of bugs too.)
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 18:00   #4  |  Link
VideoFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPikachu View Post
What error message do you get when opening the script in AvsPMod/VDub?
I didn't even get that far. I'm simply trying to open AvsPmod and it won't open - instead it shows an error box saying this:

Error 126. The specified module could not be found. Loading avisynth.dll failed! Make sure that Avisynth is installed. Alternatively, specify now it's directory.

Avisynth 32-bit was working before I installed Avisynth 64-bit and MP Pipeline. I never copied any plugins into the Avisynth 64-bit plugins folder. Everything I did is mentioned in my 1st post. What am I doing wrong?
Old 30th July 2015, 18:10   #5  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
I copied all my 32-bit plugins into the 64-bit plugins directory.
Quote:
I never copied any plugins into the Avisynth 64-bit plugins folder.
Hmm....
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 18:12   #6  |  Link
VideoFanatic

Obviously I read the 1st reply and removed the plugins from the 64-bit plugins folder.
Old 30th July 2015, 18:35   #7  |  Link
Groucho2004

I'm not aware of a 64 Bit AvsPMod version. So, have you tried VDub64 or AVSMeter 64 Bit to load and run the script?

Edit:
Using the 2.5.8 64 Bit MT Avisynth from SEt/JoshyD is a very bad idea. Too unstable.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 30th July 2015 at 18:39.
Old 30th July 2015, 18:39   #8  |  Link
VideoFanatic

No because I need AvsPmod so I can change things in my script and see the changes. I thought MP Pipeline was supposed to let you run Avisynth 32-bit but you can use certain plugins in 64-bit? I can't even use Avisynth 32-bit at the moment.
Old 30th July 2015, 18:46   #9  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Error 126. The specified module could not be found. Loading avisynth.dll failed! Make sure that Avisynth is installed. Alternatively, specify now it's directory.
That's the error message you get when you try to load a 64 Bit Avisynth.dll into AvsPMod.
Old 30th July 2015, 18:48   #10  |  Link
VideoFanatic

I thought MP Pipeline was supposed to let you run Avisynth 32-bit but you can use certain plugins in 64-bit? I can't even use Avisynth 32-bit at the moment.
Old 31st July 2015, 02:11   #11  |  Link
VideoFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Using the 2.5.8 64 Bit MT Avisynth from SEt/JoshyD is a very bad idea. Too unstable.
What else would you suggest instead of that program?
Old 31st July 2015, 07:59   #12  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
What else would you suggest instead of that program?
I'm not even sure why you would need 64 Bit Avisynth. I suggest you wait for the author of MP_Pipeline to respond.
Old 31st July 2015, 20:30   #13  |  Link
Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
I'm not even sure why you would need 64 Bit Avisynth. I suggest you wait for the author of MP_Pipeline to respond.
I've personally hit the memory cap using QTGMC and MCTemporalDenoise. That is why I use a 64-bit version of AvsPmod (support was to the project) that is only available if you manually compile the latest code available. I use this with the latest build of AviSynth+ (despite the hiccups it has). Mind you MP_Pipeline is meant to get rid of these issues. As such you can just queue up your plugins and avoid these issues altogether.
Elegant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 02:17   #14  |  Link
SAPikachu

> I copied all my 32-bit plugins into the 64-bit plugins directory.
OK I missed this when I posted my reply.. This won't work as @foxyshadis explained.

> I copied the x86 MP_Pipeline.dll file into C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins
Have you copied everything in x86 folder of the package into your plugins folder? They are required for MPP to work.

> I copied the x64 MP_Pipeline.dll file into C:\Program Files <x86>\AviSynth 2.5\plugins64\
Same as above, you need to copy everything in the x64 folder into plugins64. (Although this is actually not needed if your script is supposed to be opened in 32bit program only, even you want to use 64bit plugins)

> Error 126. The specified module could not be found. Loading avisynth.dll failed! Make sure that Avisynth is installed. Alternatively, specify now it's directory.
> Avisynth 32-bit was working before I installed Avisynth 64-bit and MP Pipeline. I never copied any plugins into the Avisynth 64-bit plugins folder. Everything I did is mentioned in my 1st post. What am I doing wrong?
Looks like your avisynth installation is somewhat broken, I suggest that you use installer on http://www.avs-plus.net/ to install both 32bit and 64bit version of Avisynth.

> I thought MP Pipeline was supposed to let you run Avisynth 32-bit but you can use certain plugins in 64-bit? I can't even use Avisynth 32-bit at the moment.
MPP lets you run part of script in 32bit subprocess and other part in 64bit subprocess, 32bit plugins can't be run in 64bit subprocess, so the memory limit is still there.

> I've personally hit the memory cap using QTGMC and MCTemporalDenoise. That is why I use a 64-bit version of AvsPmod (support was to the project) that is only available if you manually compile the latest code available. I use this with the latest build of AviSynth+ (despite the hiccups it has). Mind you MP_Pipeline is meant to get rid of these issues. As such you can just queue up your plugins and avoid these issues altogether.
As far as I know, QTGMC doesn't support 64bit (please correct me if I am wrong), so 64bit is useless in this case. But MPP may help anyways since you can put QTGMC/MCTD in a dedicated process, so that you may prevent the script from hitting memory limit.

Old 4th August 2015, 19:57   #15  |  Link
Elegant

QTGMC supports any and all architectures since it is a script. The script is simply executed by AviSynth and it tries to find the subsequent plugins called for that architecture in your plugins folder. IE if you have a 64bit version of AviSynth and the 64bit versions of all plugins that QTGMC uses then yes it will work. It is not as simple as copying and pasting your x86 plugins in the x64 folder, that will NEVER work. This same rule also applies to MCTemporalDenoise.
Old 5th August 2015, 00:56   #16  |  Link
SAPikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant View Post
QTGMC supports any and all architectures since it is a script. The script is simply executed by AviSynth and it tries to find the subsequent plugins called for that architecture in your plugins folder. IE if you have a 64bit version of AviSynth and the 64bit versions of all plugins that QTGMC uses then yes it will work. It is not as simple as copying and pasting your x86 plugins in the x64 folder, that will NEVER work. This same rule also applies to MCTemporalDenoise.
Sorry I didn't make it clear in my last post, what I meant was not all plugins used by QTGMC/MCTD support x64, so in turns they won't be usable in x64.

Old 5th August 2015, 04:50   #17  |  Link
Elegant

Works just fine for me. Unless you're enabling every feature, x64 versions exists for basically all dependent plugins. You'd have to list which ones you're missing as I have no trouble meeting the requirements of both scripts I've mentioned.
Old 5th August 2015, 13:48   #18  |  Link
VideoFanatic

I'm using McTemporalDenoise, QTGMC and Nnedi 3. I need 64-bit versions of those. Where do I find them?
Old 5th August 2015, 14:00   #19  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
I'm using McTemporalDenoise, QTGMC and Nnedi 3. I need 64-bit versions of those. Where do I find them?
A rather comprehensive list of x64 plugins is here.
Old 5th August 2015, 14:02   #20  |  Link
VideoFanatic

I thought those were only for Avisynth+? I don't see McTemporalDenoise there so is there any point in me continuing with this?