Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 25th April 2004, 11:51   #501  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by dragongodz
you guys do relise this is the Rejig thread right ?
Good point -- theres a rule or something about that around here I think...
Old 26th April 2004, 13:07   #502  |  Link
dragongodz

wow, over 500(this should be 501) replies in this thread now. hmm maybe time for a new thread Nic ?
Old 26th April 2004, 20:10   #503  |  Link
Amnon82
Paldo-GNU/LinuxMaintainer

This will be the 502th post on this thread. What is the record?
Old 26th April 2004, 21:39   #504  |  Link
Nic

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73051

Is pretty big...and pretty darn new...impressive.

-Nic
Old 26th April 2004, 23:50   #505  |  Link
Mtz

Every day I enter on doom9 forum I'm looking for "ReJig 0.6 Released" thread. And every day I am a little sad because I can't find this thread. And I'm waiting also for the new DVD2SVCD. But maybe someday I'll be lucky...
When dragongodz wrote something about "hmm maybe time for a new thread Nic ?" I hope that he knows more than me.
Old 27th April 2004, 07:18   #506  |  Link
dragongodz

Quote:
I hope that he knows more than me.
Mtz please dont give me lines like that. its just asking for a snappy smartarse comeback.
Old 27th April 2004, 16:39   #507  |  Link
mmgrover
Custom User Text:

Hey all, The ReJig.org site has had no traffic for some time,
Does anybody see a need to keep it going?

thanx, Mike
Old 28th April 2004, 00:52   #508  |  Link
RastaMasta

Ok, I've had just about enough of this crap! We've been waiting 4 to 5 months now for the 0.6 release. Some of us having been putting projects on hold for months now waiting for this new version. Now I understand that Nic is doing this out of the kindness of his heart and I respect that. But once you launch a project of this magnitude and interest you have some obligation to the community to keep us abreast of it's progress. If you're having problems with step X in the creation of the program let us know, we will understand and help if possible. If the program/project is dead, just tell us already! But all we get are these half-ass excuses of "I'm off to dance in the sunshine" or "I'm drinking a beer" or some crap. Please Nic, give us a straight and honest answer of when 0.6 of Rejig will be available if at all. Thank you.
Old 28th April 2004, 01:39   #509  |  Link
crusher

RastaMasta,

That's about the most blatantly self-serving post I've read. Obviously you don't know the meaning of the word "respect" or you'd understand people need or want to take a break and enjoy life. I'm sure Nic will provide an update when he thinks it's ready...too bad it's not possible to exclude you from it when he does.

Crusher
Old 28th April 2004, 01:47   #510  |  Link
RastaMasta

I understand that people need to take breaks and enjoy life. No problem with that whatsoever. But how long does it take to sit down and type a message that says "Hey guys, I'm going to take a break from the Rejig project for a couple of months. I'll let you know when I'm up and running again." THAT is a little respect.
Old 28th April 2004, 06:41   #511  |  Link
E-Male
mad computer-scientist

>>"..we will understand and help if possible.."
in you're first poist you start bitching, so much for your "help"
and who/what is "we"?

don't speak for the comunity in your first (bitching) post

and maybe look up "respect"

i know i'm not the most helpful person here because a) i don't have the programming skills (yet, i work on it) b) i'm not that good at constuctive posts c) i can't invest much time d) i'm lazy
BUT at least i don't bash people for taking time with their hobbies
especially on such complicated hobbies (have you ever programmed?)

and now please back on topic

E-Male

p.s. yes, i wait for a new rejig version, too, but i don't come here to tell everyone about it

Last edited by E-Male; 28th April 2004 at 07:35.
Old 28th April 2004, 07:03   #512  |  Link
dragongodz

Quote:
Now I understand that Nic is doing this out of the kindness of his heart and I respect that.
hmm no either you do not understand or not fully respect that from what you say next.

Quote:
once you launch a project of this magnitude and interest you have some obligation to the community to keep us abreast of it's progress
sorry but that is a misconception. if Nic wishes to say anything then it is as a curtiousy and he is in no way obliged to.

Quote:
If the program/project is dead, just tell us already
if you read back you will see that both Nic and i have said that there is a Rejig 0.6 in the works. surly thats pretty straight forward enough.

Quote:
all we get are these half-ass excuses of "I'm off to dance in the sunshine" or "I'm drinking a beer" or some crap
Nic has had a lot of things going on. by that i mean his real paying job, other project(such as QuEnc, found in other mpeg encoders section) and personal stuff. none of that is any of your business so why should he tell you everything thats going on ?

Quote:
THAT is a little respect.
no that is a curtiousy.

RastaMasta - you seem to be under the illusion that Nic owes you something, he doesnt. he has released a program for people to use or not as they please. you didnt pay for it and Nic did not guarentee you some sort of service for it. try looking at it as a gift, if you want the latest model/version/whatever then wait and see if someone gives it to you, DONT try and demand it.
Old 28th April 2004, 08:43   #513  |  Link
Amnon82
Paldo-GNU/LinuxMaintainer

dragongodz, ur completely right!

I started also coding. I don't have the big group of user using my apps. ReJig and QuEnc are very good apps and that for free.

Coding is hard. For my first app I invest 2 weeks of my hollidays. I completely lost the world around me! Only coding day to night. Then I released a version. Bugs in it. Fix it... ...and you need a break!

Even if you only code GUIs. Doing a encoder is harder! Also a transcoder. If you guys know all the features of ReJig you'll know that inplenting this all in one app is realy hard. And when there is a bug you must find out which modul of the app is the course of it.

So stay calm and wait for the next release, even when it will take another month...
Old 28th April 2004, 10:52   #514  |  Link
Nic

@RastaMasta: The true answer is I don't know...maybe it will never come out. Maybe it will come out tomorrow. Maybe ill strike you for saying "cr*p" and showing disrepect. Maybe I wont.

I get caught up with things. Currently I'm adding DC precision to ffmpeg. It's hard, I don't know how long that will take me. Did you know that it doesn't actually store the DC but instead a differential of the DC and that it's variable length coded. No of course you didn't, you don't understand or realise what we do or achieve...and how much work some of this is.

With my other current project, QuEnc, it took me about 4 hours to put QuEnc together to what is. Since then I've taken days supporting it, fixing bugs, etc.

ReJig 0.6 has been finished for ages. But it certainly isn't tested well, and certainly will have bugs that I dont have time to fix. You want a bug-ridden 0.6 tomorrow. Fine? But will you be able to stop from moaning about bits that don't work?.....Hmmmm. Doubt it.

I'm gonna have this thread closed...

-Nic
Closed Thread