Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 27th May 2011, 23:08   #7801  |  Link
enzinoxl

well yes reclock, by spdif, allows audio stream, and you can hear it, but it can't change video speed. So if i have a monitor at 24.000 or 48.000 with video at 23.967, or monitor at 25.000 or 50.000 and video at 25.000, reclock's icon is green because the values are already very similar, but video 23.967 and monitor at 50.000 or, better, 60.000 (like mine), reclock's icon stay yellow and software says that can't change video speed...

however, this evening, i tried to use reclock, although yellow icon, and time of frame droppep, by mpchc, passed from 40 sec to some hours!

i could watch film only for a few minuts, and it not stopped...I hope...

tomorrow i'll know more...
enzinoxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 23:33   #7802  |  Link
pacemaker1000

i would say you have something wrong!

with monitor set to 50 and set up as explained 23.976 stuff should be smooth and reclock 'green'

this is how i used to watch stutter free 23.976 video for years before i got a 24 capable projector
pacemaker1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 07:38   #7803  |  Link
toomyzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker1000 View Post

with monitor set to 50 and set up as explained 23.976 stuff should be smooth and reclock 'green'

this is how i used to watch stutter free 23.976 video for years before i got a 24 capable projector
Anyway to autoset frequency to 50hz for 24/23p videos in madVR?
toomyzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 08:02   #7804  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElix View Post
The most annoying thing that I experience with 0.61 is that when I use automatic exclusive D3D fullscreen sometimes video just stops while playing. You hear audio and the playback goes on but the picture freezes.
@Anyone who has this problem, please do this:

(1) Please check older madVR versions to find out which exact madVR version introduced this problem. This would be highly helpful for me to know. You can get older madVR versions here:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/madVR...sions#download

(2) Please upload a log file with v0.61 of this picture freeze situation. Please try to keep the log as short as possible. Once the picture freezes, wait about 5 seconds, then close the media player.

(3) Please let me know which GPU and OS you're using. And which exclusive mode tweaks. Also do you have the "use a separate device for presentation" and "use D3D11" options activated or deactivated?

Thx.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 10:34   #7805  |  Link
enzinoxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker1000 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomyzoom View Post

hi guys!

thank very, very much for your interest!

By information found on the web, reclock is compatible with analog signal or, i understood so, hdmi audio from graphic card (like my ati hd6450). It isn't combatible with digital audio output by spdif. Now i have an asus p5q and sound go, from its spdif coaxial out, to an Onkio amplifier... By my news, in this case, reclock does not work... Isn't? I would so happy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
@Anyone who has this problem, please do this:

(1) Please check older madVR versions to find out which exact madVR version introduced this problem. This would be highly helpful for me to know. You can get older madVR versions here:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/madVR...sions#download

(2) Please upload a log file with v0.61 of this picture freeze situation. Please try to keep the log as short as possible. Once the picture freezes, wait about 5 seconds, then close the media player.

(3) Please let me know which GPU and OS you're using. And which exclusive mode tweaks. Also do you have the "use a separate device for presentation" and "use D3D11" options activated or deactivated?

Thx.
hi madshi, now i cannot help you because i haven't yet verified if my problem is for madvr or queue in ffdshow...
Old 28th May 2011, 11:51   #7806  |  Link
fastplayer

FWIW, do not use ffdshow's queue function. It is "outdated" in every way.
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 12:45   #7807  |  Link
pacemaker1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzinoxl View Post
hi guys!

thank very, very much for your interest!

By information found on the web, reclock is compatible with analog signal or, i understood so, hdmi audio from graphic card (like my ati hd6450). It isn't combatible with digital audio output by spdif. Now i have an asus p5q and sound go, from its spdif coaxial out, to an Onkio amplifier... By my news, in this case, reclock does not work... Isn't? I would so happy...
the way reclock works is to alter the video and audio by using an analogue signal, here you are correct. but it then sends the adjusted audio out via spdif/hdmi by re-encoding it to ac3, or just keeps it as analogue

it WILL work in your setup as this is exactly what it is designed to do

in mpc-hc you set the audio out as analogue 5.1 by double clicking on the DTS/AC3 in 'internal filters' if you use PowerDVD or TMT you set them also to 5.1 and NOT spdif output!
again as mentioned tick the AC3 encode button in reclock and tell it to use your spdif/hdmi output. dont forget the 5% speedup/slowdown on the second page and with your desktop at 50hz you WILL get smooth 23.976 video to play with spdif DD sent to your amp

this really has nothing to do with MadVR so sorry to others for the long explanation

enzinoxl. if you still require more info to get you up and working then pm me rather than crowd this thread

Last edited by pacemaker1000; 28th May 2011 at 12:53.
Old 28th May 2011, 12:49   #7808  |  Link
pacemaker1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomyzoom View Post
no!

MadVR auto refresh change just reads the file and sets the output to a compatible frequency. that is 23.976 will switch to 23hz IF your graphics card accepts it
at the moment there is no way to tell MadVR to use another frequency other than the one it reads

if you have a display not capable of 23/24 the you HAVE to use Reclock
Old 28th May 2011, 12:50   #7809  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastplayer View Post
FWIW, do not use ffdshow's queue function. It is "outdated" in every way.
what does this means exactly? ive been using this function for years now.
Old 28th May 2011, 13:44   #7810  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

madVR has its own queue, doubling the queueing will only result in trouble.
Old 28th May 2011, 14:05   #7811  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

but isnt madVRs queue GPU related while the ffdshow queue works with CPU consumption?
Old 28th May 2011, 14:21   #7812  |  Link
Ede_123

High DPC latency using madVR with MPC-HC

Hi all,

I found multiple posts in this thread concerning high DPC latency when using madVR, but I think nobody really found the cause of this problem and a solution was never found.

I'm also facing this problem and it effectively renders madVR useless, because the high latency leads to crackling noises in the audio occuring every few seconds.

I tried to analyze the problem with "DPC Lateny Checker":
- My notebook's idle latency is about 150 us (microseconds)
- When watching a movie with MPC-HC using EVR / Haali Renderer the latency stays more or less the same (maybe a little higher due to CPU/GPU load)
- Watching a movie with MPC-HC using madVR is always resulting in a latency of about 2000 us (quite constantly) with huge peaks reaching to about 45000 us (this seems to be when the crackling in the audio occurs)
- when starting MPC-HC and doing nothing (do not resize the window so it is displayed 1:1) latency keeps normal and rises after ~15-20s, when starting MPC-HC and going into (non-exclusive) fullscreen latency keeps normal and rises after ~10s, when starting MPC-HC and going into (exclusive) fullscreen latency rises almost instantly.

My current system configuration:
- Windows 7 32bit
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470
- madVR v0.62
- MPC-HC 1.5.2.3107

I would be great if anybody could help me with this and locate the cause of the problem, since I love piture quality obtained with madVR. Clicking sound is a no-go though.
If you need further informations don't hesitate to ask.
Ede_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 15:29   #7813  |  Link
ForceX

FFDshow's queue sample doesn't even work with madVR, it only supports VMR, so it should not be the root cause of the problem.
ForceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 16:56   #7814  |  Link
enzinoxl

yes, in my experience, ffdshow queue with madvr cause dropped frame.

@pacemaker1000

you are wrigth, i don't want crowd thread

however i'm afraid youe are right, about spdif and reclock (not bitstream but by ac3 recode...). i'll try. tank you so much
Old 28th May 2011, 17:04   #7815  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

yes, seems like this was a problem I was having since I switched over to win7. it was fine with xp (or at least didnt have any negative effect), but causes problems now here.
Old 28th May 2011, 17:29   #7816  |  Link
piccirilli

no worky for rate changer

Since I've started using MadVR with MPC-HC, I have not been able to get the auto refresh rate changer to work, no matter what I do. My display will support 24HZ, but it stays on 60HZ for all my MKV's. Attempt to force it by renaming a file to "movie" p24.mkv won't work either. I can force 24HZ refresh using the rate changer in MPC-HC, but this creates the famous green bar/color distortions in MPC-HC. Any suggestions how I can troubleshoot the madvr rate changer? I'd love to get this working.
piccirilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 17:48   #7817  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccirilli View Post
Since I've started using MadVR with MPC-HC, I have not been able to get the auto refresh rate changer to work, no matter what I do. My display will support 24HZ, but it stays on 60HZ for all my MKV's. Attempt to force it by renaming a file to "movie" p24.mkv won't work either. I can force 24HZ refresh using the rate changer in MPC-HC, but this creates the famous green bar/color distortions in MPC-HC. Any suggestions how I can troubleshoot the madvr rate changer? I'd love to get this working.
Renaming the files isn't enough. You also have to set up the modes in madVR's settings dialog under devices.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 18:24   #7818  |  Link
piccirilli

I realized for the refresh rate feature to work, the option "use a separate device for presentation" in the general Madvr settings must be enabled. Now the refresh rate is changing nicely for 24p video. However, I'm still getting a green bar and distorted colors in MPC-HC when refresh switches to 24HZ. Obviously not an issue with MadVR, since I get the same results using the refresh rate changer in MPC. There must be a codec problem on my HTPC. Interestingly, the problem does not occur if the refresh rate does not change (60HZ). I heard this could be caused by Halli, but disabling this splitter did not fix this.
piccirilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 00:28   #7819  |  Link
SSuzaku

i got some problem with MadVR

problem : Blank Screen with sound in MPC -HC ( using High Performance Mode / AMD Radeon 6630 )
my conclusion : seems like MadVR can not detect AMD Radeon , since if i change MPC - HC priority to Power Saving ( using Intel ) the same video play flawlessly except stuttering ( maybe not powerful enough to play my Bluray rip video )

Notebook Sony VPCCA16FG
Specification :
Processor : Intel® Core™ i7-2620M Processor
Chipset : Intel® HM65
Video Card : AMD Radeon HD 6630M / Intel HD Graphics3000 (Hybrid)
Display resolution / Technology : 1600 x 900 / LED Backlight
Audio Type : Intel® High Definition Audio
Hard Drive : 500 GB Serial ATA 7200 RPM

MadVR Log

http://www.mediafire.com/?irzogh2lb1l4xf4
SSuzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 13:14   #7820  |  Link
Boltron

Using MPC-HC and fullscreen exclusive mode, is there a way I display the seek bar or time remaining? If I skip chatpers, MPC-HC will display this info in the top left but it quickly fades away.

Thanks, and wonderful work. Like I made mention to Nev in the LAV Filters thread, where's the Donate button
Boltron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling