Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 11th January 2004, 05:50   #41  |  Link
geffroman

End of Movie Navigation

Have you noticed that on most movies there is a short blank clip that makes up the last chapter of the movie and when you reach this chapter you typically jump to the menu.

However on some movies the last chapter is just the end of the movie and credits. In this case you can not select NEXT in IFOEDIT at all you must instead wait until end of chapter. I believe Bad Boys 2 & Gigli are both like this.

However (No.2) in this second scenario if you select NEXT CHAPTER with your stand alone when you get the the credits (last chapter) you start the movie over or sometimes jump to the next Title.

How can I solve this. When I get the the credits, I want to be able to hit NEXT CHAPTER and have it navigate to the menu.

Regards.. Jeff
geffroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 20:13   #42  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Re: End of Movie Navigation

Quote:
Originally posted by geffroman
Have you noticed that on most movies there is a short blank clip that makes up the last chapter of the movie and when you reach this chapter you typically jump to the menu.
  • Yes.
Quote:
However on some movies the last chapter is just the end of the movie and credits. In this case you can not select NEXT in IFOEDIT at all you must instead wait until end of chapter. I believe Bad Boys 2 & Gigli are both like this.
  • That's why you need that short blank clip as your last chapter.
Quote:
However (No.2) in this second scenario if you select NEXT CHAPTER with your stand alone when you get the the credits (last chapter) you start the movie over...
  • Though the movie can be authored to loop again, it's rarely done.
Quote:
...or sometimes jump to the next Title.
  • Yes, it's common that some DVDs have post company video logos or even FBI warnings after movie play. These titles can be easily blanked out or bypassed so that your menu gets to display quicker.

Quote:
How can I solve this. When I get the the credits, I want to be able to hit NEXT CHAPTER and have it navigate to the menu.
  • A unposted guide I came up with to insert a new blank cell, if the Titleset doesn't have one, into the titleset VOBs and be configured as the last chapter is being tested.

If it works well, you could substitute the new blank cell VOB with a "Insert next disk" VOB or a personal video clip VOB. Ohh, the possibilities that can be acheived and we don't even have to re-author.

Update: Here's those guides.

Inserting a Blank Cell at end of Title
Adding a “Insert Disc 2” clip

Enjoy!

Last edited by 2COOL; 22nd January 2004 at 19:56.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2004, 04:06   #43  |  Link
Kleenx

Identity Cheat Sheet Guide

I am having problems with the cheat sheet guide for Identity.
I followed the guide for theatrical & extended. However, when i get to the theatrical/extended selection screen and select either one, i get only a black screen!! If I go to scene selection and select the start of the movie everything else seems to be fine. Anyone have any solutions for this??
Thanks
Kleenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2004, 19:53   #44  |  Link
2COOL

Re: Identity Cheat Sheet Guide¿

Quote:
Originally posted by Kleenx
I am having problems with the cheat sheet guide for Identity.
I followed the guide for theatrical & extended. However, when i get to the theatrical/extended selection screen and select either one, i get only a black screen!! If I go to scene selection and select the start of the movie everything else seems to be fine. Anyone have any solutions for this??
Thanks
Welcome to the forum!

I don't know what to say as I have done a theatrical & extended backup myself. I was writing the guide in real time and have tested it too. Hmmm...are you doing a region 1 NTSC DVD? If so, I would suggest you to try it again and if you have the same problem again, please post in this thread.

Last edited by 2COOL; 30th March 2004 at 09:40.
Old 20th February 2004, 18:16   #45  |  Link
Kleenx

problems.....

thanks for responding 2COOL
it does seem as though im not the only one having this problem....
the thread you directed me to also has a user (ccsint - last post) that appears to have the same problem as i do. As i live in canada, im assuming that it is an R1 dvd. However, I will give it another shot, and hopefully it will work out
Kleenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2004, 05:48   #46  |  Link
geffroman

HI 2COOL...

I was looking for your amazing generic WIDESCREEN/FULLSCREEN menu guide and can't find it on the list... Is it still here...?

Thanks... Jeff

FOUND it... sorry was looking for the words WIDESCREEN/FULLSCREEN & ASPECT RATION slipped my eyes... need NEW contacts badly...

Last edited by geffroman; 17th April 2004 at 05:52.
Old 25th June 2004, 20:38   #47  |  Link
swilleysprinter

Hey 2Cool thanks for all of your guides. They are so helpful. I am currently working on a movie which has about 40 seconds of movie intros in the first PGC of the main movie. In this PGC is also the beginning of the movie. Since some of the beginning of the movie is contained in it, I do not want to delete the entire PGC, but only the beginning of it with the nonsense in it. If I preview the PGC in IFOEdit, I can change the entry point sector to bypass the intros at the beginning of the PGC. Is there any way to delete the beginning though or strip it out? Also since I have altered the playback time, must I also go in and adjust that value as well. I also have this situiation at the end credits where the end of the movie is located in the same PGC as the end credits, which I do not necessarily need to keep. Thanks.

Mike
swilleysprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2004, 18:47   #48  |  Link
keith_01

ank You very much

You have beenon the money. The info you have given has helped out more than you know but I just have one more question. when I start to shrink. The computer ask me what program do I want too run the shrink with. which on do I pick.
Old 12th September 2004, 23:30   #49  |  Link
Tiffany

Can anyone point me to a guide to create a "Play All" option for episodic DVDs using PGCEDIT ?? Thanks in advance....
Tiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 00:12   #50  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany
Can anyone point me to a guide to create a "Play All" option for episodic DVDs using PGCEDIT ?? Thanks in advance....
Look into PgcEdit's "DVDShrink Remote Buttons" macro.
Old 20th October 2004, 11:27   #51  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

Hiya 2COOL,

I wanted to make a comment to your new Mock Strip guide, which I saw yesterday, and tried to locate it through your cheat sheets & guides list, but no luck... The list has not been updated with the new guide yet?

As you've made so many (very useful) guides that are collected on your list, could you please write "NEW [date]" or "UPDATED [date]" after the link, so that it's easier to check back once in while to see if you've produced any new miracles since last time?! I wouldn't want to miss any, now would I!! Also it'd make it wasier to locate a new guide that I'd read as a stand alone post in this section some days ago...!
CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2004, 00:53   #52  |  Link
Kilyan

Hi!

You have made a great tool!

Is there a way to edit the menu(s), so that the subpic turns off let's say 4 sec before the end of the menu (the subpicture doesn't starts with the menu, but 5 sec after. DVD compiled with Maestro), I mean making it invisible and inoperable with pgcedit?

Thanks
Kilyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2004, 03:57   #53  |  Link
2COOL

@CoNS

Quote:
Originally posted by CoNS
I wanted to make a comment to your new Mock Strip guide, which I saw yesterday, and tried to locate it through your cheat sheets & guides list, but no luck... The list has not been updated with the new guide yet?
I just added it right after you posted but it's there now.

Quote:
As you've made so many (very useful) guides that are collected on your list, could you please write "NEW [date]" or "UPDATED [date]" after the link, so that it's easier to check back once in while to see if you've produced any new miracles since last time?! I wouldn't want to miss any, now would I!! Also it'd make it wasier to locate a new guide that I'd read as a stand alone post in this section some days ago...!
I try to put a date stamp when I add a new guide along with a flag along side with it. I also put a last update date to. I was considering on putting dates like you mentioned but at this point, it would be time consuming to check all my guides on thier last update. What I usually do is just put a update note on the guide itself.

@Kilyan
Quote:
Originally posted by Kilyan
Hi!

You have made a great tool!
If you are referring to PgcEdit, you posted in the wrong thread. I'm not its developer but r0lZ is. Though I wish I had his programming knowledge.

Quote:
Is there a way to edit the menu(s), so that the subpic turns off let's say 4 sec before the end of the menu (the subpicture doesn't starts with the menu, but 5 sec after. DVD compiled with Maestro), I mean making it invisible and inoperable with pgcedit?
Again, this question should've been posted in this thread.

Last edited by 2COOL; 21st October 2004 at 04:02.
Old 29th December 2004, 18:44   #54  |  Link
rawland

No audio

Here is an interesting problem I hope someone can figure out. When I burn a DVD, there is no audio. It plays fine on PowerDVD when played on the computer but when I burn it or make an image file from IFOEdit, you have to manually select the sound in order to hear the audio. No sound even on PowerDVD after making an image file. Any ideas??

Thanks
rawland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2005, 19:56   #55  |  Link
2COOL

Old 22nd February 2005, 00:53   #56  |  Link
geffroman

Congratulations... You've helped an aweful lot of people...!!!!!
Old 22nd February 2005, 02:28   #57  |  Link
2COOL

Old 6th June 2006, 16:27   #58  |  Link
nappyreddz

very new

hey i am very new at this and i looked around this site and cant find what i am looking for.

i have 3 seperate sets of ifo/vob files and i am trying to put them on one dvd using nero but it will only let me put one set. what am i doing wrong is there another program i am suppose to use i have ifoedit can i do it with that. if not can you tell me what program to use and a lil bit of instructions please.

please help me
nappyreddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 08:53   #59  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Welcome to doom9 nappyreddz

Probably the easiest tool for this job is DVD Remake Pro

Here is a guide - http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro/ht_merge_full.php

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:08   #60  |  Link
MSlv

How can I delay the audio from a DVD in order to sync it with the video? Is there a simple guide to this? In fact... any guide will do. thanks.
Maxtor 80 GB 7200rpm
XP PRO 5.1 (Build 2600) SP2
TDK DVDRW882N|TEAC CD-W540E|ASUS E616
MSlv is offline   Reply With Quote