Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 17th July 2010, 18:57   #541  |  Link
Alf Bundy

Hi,

Is there a thread where I can politely ask for a plugin that is not yet compiled for x64 ?

I really miss Deblock and BlockBuster in avisynth x64.

Alf Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 09:26   #542  |  Link
Buggle

I was wondering, since JoshyD seems preoccupied with matters other than AVS64 (which is completely understandable and he has every right to, of course), why is this code not merged with the main AVS branch/tree/whateveryoucallit? It seems somewhat inefficient to maintain two versions of the same origin. And it has become quite clear that there is a large crowd of people using and wanting to use full x64 capabilities, so it wouldn't really be a strange idea for the main developer(s) of AVS to also start paying attention to adjusting AVS to also include x64 out of the box, like x264 for instance now has for a while. Also, there seem to be so many filters compiled for x64, or even more and more. I'd even go so far as to say that 32bit is moving toward obsolescence: there is a good chance for instance that Win8 will only be available in a x64 edition. I for one support that; 32bit is lingering too long, while the transition from 16bit to 32bit was quite fast and almost painless, back then.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:35   #543  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

avisynth's compiler of choice is out-of-the box visual studio.
this version of avs x64 can not use visual studio out-of-the-box as it requires the use of Intel's compiler, which also costs a pretty penny to get.
You might ask "Why does it require Intel's Compiler?", the answer is "because of the inline asm which only Intel's compiler supports on x64."

and to my knowledge all that inline asm that was in avs x86 has been changed to to be for x64.
as long as there is inline asm in avisynth, this x64 version will forever remain incompatible with merging with the x86 version.
Old 22nd July 2010, 00:31   #544  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggle View Post
Also, there seem to be so many filters compiled for x64, or even more and more. I'd even go so far as to say that 32bit is moving toward obsolescence:.
That's a bit extreme. :) Gathering all the stuff for MCTemporalDenoise, for instance, not even half is available in x64 format. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer.
Old 24th July 2010, 08:24   #545  |  Link
muerteazul

ERROR ON xp x64

hi i try of install avisynth64_install.cmd but dont work it say "priviliges required" i install avisynth 2.5.8 before i think its for de xp x64 editon
some details
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/123/c...2010001538.jpg
muerteazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2010, 11:50   #546  |  Link
daimroc

@Muerte Azul:

you must right click over the install.cmd and choose the option "execute as administrator" to be able to install it.

How you like to speak spanish for your nick, I tell you in spanish: para poder ejecutar el cmd con privilegios de administrador no tienes que hacer doble click sobre el cmd, sino pinchar con el botón derecho y elegir la opción de ejecutar como administrador.

Well, I have problems to install avisynth64. I am following these steps:

1) I have installed avisynth x86 version 2.5.8.

2) I have copy devil.dll and avisynth.dll in c:\windows\systems32 directory.

3) I have execute avisynth64_install.cmd. I get the following message:

AviSynth64 installed. To auto load put 64 bit dll's in
C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins64

So I understand that this steps it's correct.

4) I havae copied all the dlls of the zip to plugins64, incluided avisynth.dll and devil.dll. I think that's this is not neccessary, so I have in system32, but I prefer to avoid problems.

5) I import avisynth.reg in the register. The import it's correct.

So I understand that I have installed all correctly.

I have used the following avs:

DirectSHowSource("myVideo.mkv")

I try to open this avs with media player classic home cinema x64 and I have no problems. Also, with virtualdub x64 I have not problems.

How ever, If I try to use virtualdubmod, that is a x86 version, I get the following error:

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'YV12' (unkonwn).
VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video.

However, if I try to open the avs with media player classic home cinema x86 I have not any problem, it uses ffdshow to decompress the video.

So Why can't use now avs with virtualdubmod?.

Thanks.
Daimroc.
daimroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2010, 12:38   #547  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

don't use virtualdubmod, it is beyond 'out-dated' - it is completely ancient.
use the x86 version of whatever virtualdub you also have as the x64 version
Old 4th August 2010, 09:25   #548  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

ReduceFlicker

I saw somebody compiled RemoveGrain and Repair for x64. As ReduceFlicker is from the same author, would be possible to get it for x64 too?
Old 4th August 2010, 17:26   #549  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
I saw somebody compiled RemoveGrain and Repair for x64. As ReduceFlicker is from the same author, would be possible to get it for x64 too?
And Tbilateral?
Overdrive80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 00:32   #550  |  Link
crasus

Many appreciations to all the creators of the x64 avisynth developments. One does hope to see someday a native x64 2.6 version available (dreaming....)

Adding to the list of kind requests for 64bits compiles of certain filters, would it be possible to have tdeint & degrainmedian?

All the warmest very best!
crasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 14:36   #551  |  Link
Alf Bundy

Tdeint x64 already exists (see on first post)
DegrainMedian x64 already exists (here, as seen on first post)

Alf Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 16:43   #552  |  Link
Hiritsuki
Novice of AVS

Who can compile yeadif and dedup x86 to x64 version?
This two plugin is now I had used long time for Subteam working.
Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Hiritsuki; 6th August 2010 at 17:51. Reason: error key
Hiritsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 17:47   #553  |  Link
steamroller

Trouble with Media Player Classic x64

I'm not able to get avisynth x64 (the 4/16/10 build linked to from the first post in this thread) to work with MPC x64 although it works perfectly with x264 x64 and virtualdub x64. MPC x64 says Cannot render the file. I'm just trying a simple script.

Code:
DirectShowSource("test.avi")
Playing test.avi directly with MPC x64 works. It loads ffdshow x64.
I followed the installation procedure outlined in the readme included in avisynth64_4-16-10.rar.
Any ideas why this might be happening? Any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.
steamroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 20:33   #554  |  Link
infiniter

I had several problems with the installation. I'm running W7 64 bit on a quad core Intel CPU.

1. PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE
The install script aborts because it detects x86 by the variable PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE. I found out that, when opening the extended system setting in My Computer, where the environment variables are, that variable is set to AMD64 by Windows. But when opening a console and listing those variables with the SET command, it is PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86 and PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432=AMD64. So the script can't work.

OK, so I removed the corresponding line in the script.

2. BCDEDIT
I'm logged in as administrator and chose right-click and "Run as administrator" to run the script, but it brings out "Administrator privileges required" error. Investigating the script, I found this is caused by trying to run bcdedit.exe. From the administrator console, this command is unknown. Searching for bcdedit, it is found in a WINSXS subfolder. So it seems that running bcdedit as test for admin privileges is the wrong way.

After I removed the corresponding line too, the script worked.
infiniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 20:52   #555  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

there are two command prompt modes for x64 window systems.

there's x86 mode where the environment is primarily setup for running x86 programs, e.g. PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86 and ProgramFiles points to the x86 directory.
%WINDIR%\system32 is automatically redirected to point to %WINDIR%\syswow64
this mode is generated by using %WINDIR%\syswow64\cmd.exe

then there's the x64 mode, where everything is primarily setup to run x64 programs where the variables are the 'normal' ones.
this mode is generated by using %WINDIR%\system32\cmd.exe or more generally cmd.exe from the search/run prompt in w7 and other systems

overall though, yes, the script is known to have issues but with the development at a stand still on development of avisynth x86_64, there's not much of a point in fixing it avisynth x86_64 is going to stay broken/incomplete.
Old 8th August 2010, 23:52   #556  |  Link
muerteazul

hi i run the %WINDIR%\system32\cmd.exe and i copy de files of avisynth64_4-16-10 on syswow64 then i write avisynth64_install.cmd
enter and say 64-bit windows not detected

reply to daimroc
Well, I have problems to install avisynth64. I am following these steps:

1) I have installed avisynth x86 version 2.5.8.

2) I have copy devil.dll and avisynth.dll in c:\windows\systems32 directory.

3) I have execute avisynth64_install.cmd. I get the following message: up this step is the problem i try and dont works
i am the administrator and say "priviliges required"
y si hablo español soy mexicano
Old 9th August 2010, 12:24   #557  |  Link
turbojet

The install script on google code has a bunch of problems with non-admin accounts and uac.

The script posted here should fix infiniter and muerteazul problems. Please report if they don't.

JoshyD said he was going to include the fixed install script in a new version months ago but that never came to fruition.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 08:53   #558  |  Link
Eric L

SmartDecimate Request

Great job guys, Avisynth x64 Rocks!

There is only one key filter missing to use mainstream it in my everyday workflow.

May I request an x64 version of the SmartDecimate filter corrected by Tritical? Sources are included in the download.

Thanks
Eric L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 20:10   #559  |  Link
muerteazul

Thanks turbojet Avisynth its instaled now
Gracias turbojet Avisynth esta instalado ahora gracias por esa vercion
Old 12th August 2010, 21:32   #560  |  Link
The_Paya

FluxSmooth x64

Hello.

Here's an attempt at porting one of the filters I use in my scripts to x64 avisynth.

FluxSmooth_icc_x64.7z

This is by no means a "well done" job, I've left the __asm inlines there, used the Intel compiler to avoid having to rewrite them into .asm files, and just renamed address operations to their (x64) r-conterparts where it made sense. IMHO, it's a miracle that it compiled without warnings, and that it worked afterwards.

The modified sources are included as well as 3 precompiled binaries, all done in VS2008 with ICC 11.1.060. One without any kind of weird optimizations, another with SSE4.1 and the last one with more weird optimizations. Needless to say, it's very unlikely that there would be any noticeable speed differences between each version, given most of the code is MMX/SSE2 assembler.

As a long time lurker and first time poster, I'd like to thank the community and these x64 builds (they work better than the 32bit ones in my box for some reason).

Salu2,
Paya.
The_Paya is offline   Reply With Quote