Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th April 2004, 02:59   #1  |  Link
Litlfeat

DVD REbuilder - Pixelaxted video

Jdobbs,

I have been using your rebuilding program since v.20, and have found it to be one of great promise as you continue to work the bugs out of the software with the help of the Doom8 forum. Unfortunately, I have just registered and am not able to post for 5 days; thus I am writing to you directly with the hope of a response.

I have been trying to rebuilder the music dvd, Led Zeppelin disc 1 and 2 which in itself is 7.91G and have been having mixed results for my efforts. First, with any encoder, the final product is always still too large to burn on one disc; with the lowest being 4.79 when using CCE v6.7.0.23. However the video quality was so poor (at 25%) burning even if it had been 4.3G would have been senseless.

When re-encoding with Rejig, the final product was 5.19G when rebuilt with the default settings, however, the video quality was far better then the CCE rebuilt when using its default settings.

Today, I tried QuEcc and set the bitrate at 2750, two pass, and although the rebuilding process is not complete, the video quality is the best of any attempt to date. My feeling is that when the process is finished however, the files will once again be far greater than what will fit one a single dvdr. This in itself does not concern me too much, as I can then use Pinnacle Instant Copy to reduce even further without losing any additional quality.

My question is, can I set video quality so that dvd rebuilder always re-encodes (regardless of what encoding software) at no less then 85% to 90% of the original dvd, with two pass being the default as well. To this point, each time I set the bitrate to 2750, upon closing dvd rebuilder I lose the settings and must reset the values each time the system is started.

Any help that you may be able to give would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Litlfeat
Litlfeat is offline   Reply With Quote