Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th April 2011, 19:54   #1  |  Link
mcwups1

Is RipBot the only one for subtitles?

I've tried everything.

I'd like to just use MeGui for all my encoding needs, but it seems like RipBot is the only Gui that actually imprints the subtitles I NEED onto a movie so I can play it on a PS3.

I've tried just encoding the video and audio, then adding the subs through MKV and then to TsMuxer, and it shows up on MediaInfo, but not on the movie....unless I enable them using VLC player on my computer, which is not what I want.

I just spend a week trying to get subs on Sum Of All Fears. There are a lot of russians speaking so I NEED the subs. I used the usual programs, BDtoSub...something to turn them into SRT's, and tried every other format making program for subtitles.

However, none of them hard encode the subs to the video so I can play them on my PS3.

RipBot is the only one that does it.

I used BDtoSub to pick the forced subs, then I muxed the audio (flac) in MKVMerge to create a Video/Audio/Sub combo, then put into RipBot, and it does it when you check add subs. It actually hard encodes to video.

Is this the only encoder that does this?
mcwups1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 21:18   #2  |  Link
QBhd
QB the Slayer

MeGUI has subtitle option.... it's in the filter section of the AVS Script Creator

QB
Old 10th April 2011, 23:28   #3  |  Link
mcwups1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBhd View Post
MeGUI has subtitle option.... it's in the filter section of the AVS Script Creator

QB
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I've been using MeGui for the longest time, and I never knew that. There's much I don't know about the program, but I know enough to make competent encodings, and understand enough to get by, but you helped me TREMENDOUSLY just now.

Many thanks to you sir. I learned something new today.
mcwups1 is offline   Reply With Quote