Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 22nd March 2016, 03:54   #37001  |  Link
70MM
X Cinema Projectionist NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
You can reset madVR to its default settings by finding the madVR plugin folder in JRiver and running the "reset settings" file.

To improve the performance of smooth motion, try increasing the size of the GPU queue size in general settings. This will provide greater protection against these glitches.

For your refresh rate problem, madshi mentioned you can use madVR profile rules to create profiles for devices -> display modes. You could set your entire pre-show content to be played at 60 Hz and the feature at 24 Hz.

Select devices.
Click create profile group.
Add display modes to the profile group.
Create two profiles: name one folder something like "Pre-show" and the other "Feature."

if (fileName = "introduction.mkv") "Pre-show"
else if (fileName = "trivia.mkv") "Pre-show"
else if (fileName = "trailers.mkv") "Pre-show"
else "Feature"

Leave the display modes field blank under "Pre-show." Under "Feature," enter "1080p23."

One profile will play without refresh rate matching. The other will switch to 1080p24 when the feature starts.
Hi Warner, ok this all sounds very interesting but when it switches from the 60 content to the feature at 24 Im back to the same old problem with the SLOW SYNC of the JVC RS600 projector, arnt I?

The proj takes up to 17+ secs to sync between 60 > 24, it plays the audio but clips all the video until it finally hand shakes. You miss all the logos and intro of the feature, its horrible!

This was the whole reason to remain on 60 for all the files, trailers, shorts we play before the feature at our film club.
The 24 feature was then to remain also on 60 so everything transitions nice and smoothly for files and feature, nothing clipped or missing on the screen....
70MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 06:41   #37002  |  Link
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
you can't use that on chroma.
Hmmm...a limitation of chroma upscaling?
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 07:36   #37003  |  Link
Magik Mark

Adaptive Sharpen

Madshi,

The author of Adaptive Sharpen recommends linear light when using this. Is it being followed?
Old 22nd March 2016, 09:56   #37004  |  Link
Werewolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Unfortunately the download link doesn't work.
Ok... So now I know what this website really worths ^^

Here's a new link for my videos about deinterlacing and my issues with it : http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/BiIrl8f9/file.html

I hope it will work this time. If it doesn't, please tell me what website I need to use.

Quote:
Oh, did you mention that before? How fast is your CPU? Have you tried DXVA copyback decoding as an alternative to software decoding?

Are you using automatic black bar detection? If so, does disabling that workaround the issue?
I think you misunderstood me, I'm talking here only when I use deinterlacing and not in general.

I have a Core i5 4670k @ 4.0 Ghz. Disabling automatic black bar detection doen't change anything.

I tested in the past with DXVA decoding enabled but I still experienced dropped frames with interlaced content.

Last edited by Werewolfy; 22nd March 2016 at 10:06.
Werewolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:13   #37005  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTrojan View Post
will ripping movies with MakeMKV keep the subtitle positions or do I need to rip them to .iso or .m2ts with tsmuxer in order for MadVR to playback 3D subtitles properly?
The 3D depth information is partially lost. The MakeMKV devs are *VERY* sluggish to respond. See here:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewto...p?f=10&t=13892

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf6 View Post
Thanks for replying Aero was to blame, had not activated it.
Went from bad to worse though. When checking DX11 and playing a movie now now i get a black screen (file gets opened though, I can see the timer going off )
But you do have the Windows 7 Platform Update installed? And you don't get a picture, neither in windowed nor in fullscreen exclusive mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post
Also, has any further work been done on the debanding filter to target pixelation?
Pixelation? What pixelation? I've no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magik Mark View Post
The author of Adaptive Sharpen recommends linear light when using this. Is it being followed?
Where does he say that? Link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolfy View Post
Here's a new link for my videos about deinterlacing and my issues with it : http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/BiIrl8f9/file.html

I hope it will work this time. If it doesn't, please tell me what website I need to use.
That's a good host, thanks. As is e.g. mediafire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolfy View Post
I think you misunderstood me, I'm talking here only when I use deinterlacing and not in general.

I have a Core i5 4670k @ 4.0 Ghz. Disabling automatic black bar detection doen't change anything.

I tested in the past with DXVA decoding enabled but I still experienced dropped frames with interlaced content.
Does the decoder queue fill with the same video if you disable deinterlacing completely?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:24   #37006  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Also, has any further work been done on the debanding filter to target pixelation?
No work has been done on debanding. I believe it's current state is good enough and is unlikely to receive much of the way of changes in future.. if anything.
Anyway, what you mentioned would normally fall under denoising, which madVR is likely to tackle at some point..
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:35   #37007  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Hmmm...a limitation of chroma upscaling?
there is no "light" that can be "changed" to linear light because it is chroma.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:38   #37008  |  Link
Ver Greeneyes

Quote:
Pixelation? What pixelation? I've no idea what you're talking about.
I think they mean using it for deblocking. I do think having a deblocking filter (maybe separately for chroma, which often seems to be very heavily compressed on things like Youtube videos) would be nice, but yeah.. different kind of filter.
Ver Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:54   #37009  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ver Greeneyes View Post
I think they mean using it for deblocking. I do think having a deblocking filter (maybe separately for chroma, which often seems to be very heavily compressed on things like Youtube videos) would be nice, but yeah.. different kind of filter.
Oh ok. I thought (s)he meant that debanding would *cause* pixelation.
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:56   #37010  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ver Greeneyes View Post
Yeah makes sense. He'll be able to take care of that when madshi adds Vapoursynth support. Once that's done many often used filters could make their way into the options without hassle.. we'd basically have a mini ffdshow inside madVR.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 14:00   #37011  |  Link
Magik Mark

Adaptive Sharpen

Madshi

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...81#post1721881

If we are talking about the same adaptive Sharpen. The author recommends gamma light as input.

I'm sorry my initial posts stated "linear light" its gamma light
Old 22nd March 2016, 14:03   #37012  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magik Mark View Post
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...81#post1721881

If we are talking about the same adaptive Sharpen. The author recommends gamma light as input.

I'm sorry my initial posts stated "linear light" its gamma light
I'm feeding gamma light to the shader.
Old 22nd March 2016, 16:36   #37013  |  Link
XTrojan

Anyone noticing some aliasing/artifacting with Super-Xbr 150 Doubling from 1080->2160p?

Last edited by XTrojan; 22nd March 2016 at 17:08.
XTrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:13   #37014  |  Link
CarlosCaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Yeah makes sense. He'll be able to take care of that when madshi adds Vapoursynth support. Once that's done many often used filters could make their way into the options without hassle.. we'd basically have a mini ffdshow inside madVR.
Its the second time that i read someone talking about madshi adds vapoursynth support on madvr but i never read madshi talking about this... is this true? Madshi have this on mind to madvr future?
CarlosCaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:42   #37015  |  Link
XMonarchY

VapourSynth? As in Disappearing Features?
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:52   #37016  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTrojan View Post
Anyone noticing some aliasing/artifacting with Super-Xbr 150 Doubling from 1080->2160p?
ringing at lot of it.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:10   #37017  |  Link
dansrfe

@madshi

Turning off exclusive mode and keeping to overlay prevents the OpenCL crash from happening. No frames are dropped so I think I'll keep it on overlay only.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:55   #37018  |  Link
aufkrawall

Radeon R9 390 on Windows 10:
The queues don't seem to get filled nicely in fullscreen or borderless mode and so frames drop. When I keep an UI element of the player opened, playback is fine.
Is this a known problem? Used driver is Crimson 16.3.1.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 19:54   #37019  |  Link
baii

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
Radeon R9 390 on Windows 10:
The queues don't seem to get filled nicely in fullscreen or borderless mode and so frames drop. When I keep an UI element of the player opened, playback is fine.
Is this a known problem? Used driver is Crimson 16.3.1.
Typical driver problem probably, usually power saving features? There is a power mode switch thing since 16.3

Sent from my 306SH
baii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 19:56   #37020  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
ringing at lot of it.
yeah with my current settings sxbr definitely doesn't work anymore due to excessive ringing so I stick to NNEDI3 for lores and NEDI for 720p@1080p, hopefully next build with the improved AR will be a game changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosCaco View Post
vapoursynth support on madvr but i never read madshi talking about this... is this true?
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewto...d=53211#p53211

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBonzai View Post
what is "EE"?
Edge Enhancement
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling