Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 24th October 2012, 11:04   #721  |  Link
Neisklar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavanap View Post
That's true. And the way is to try to remux two streams into .mvc one. As well as Intel MVC decoder, original ldecod binaries also support .mvc format, so the alexpk's work was based on remuxing two files into one. I haven't studied h264 ("annex H", I guess; Intel MVC decoder & ldecod supports only "annex B") well to do so.
And if someone do so, it will be absolutely legal.
Just had a short look into the spec http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H.264-201201-I/en, that stuff drives me crazy.

There is also somewehre the MVC Reference Software, which includes an biststream assembler, but i couldn't get it to work with eac3to-extracted left and right bitstreams.
For using ldecod we "only" need to have an bitstream assembler. I also think alexpk did add that assembler into ldecod.

And looking at the MVC spec, especially how few pages are used compared to all the other h.264 stuff, it shouldn't be such a difficult task to implement it, WHEN you know how h.264 works. But understanding that monster spec is another thing...

Edit:

It seems i got that bitstream assembler halfway working. That lazy guys... They only implemented stuff that the reference mvc encoder does, and did not skip optional stuff from other decoders...
I could succesfully combine eac3to demuxed left and right. Mux it with YamB in an MP4 container. It plays (one view) in Windows Media Player, it is not working in VCL, and i could use the Intel Media SDK MVC Decoder, BUT also here only one view(( Need to pipe it through ldecod and see whats happening.

Edit2:

ldecod crashes (but correctly identifies 2 views), it could be, thats my playing with the ldecod source, so i will later have another try

Last edited by Neisklar; 24th October 2012 at 16:09.
Neisklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 16:41   #722  |  Link
Nico8583

I have another question: do you think it will soon be possible to encode to MVC in order to recreate Bluray structure ? DVDFab 8.2 can already encode BD50 to BD25 which is compatible with home player but I would like the same with x264 ...
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 13:43   #723  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.5

OK, I've added the support for 2-pass encoding (as well as Constant Quality and 1-pass ABR) in BD3D2MK3D.
In 2-pass and ABR modes, you can specify the video bitrate or the desired size of the final MKV file. However, it was not simple to compute the right bitrate for the target file size, mainly because each stream has a different overhead when it is muxed. The formula I use seems to work well, but the bitrate it gives is only an approximation, and it has not been tested in all circumstances. If someone can help in determining the correct method, please let me know.

Also, note that the method to compute the bitrate assumes that all streams that are ticked in tab 2 will be muxed in the final MKV file, and that the audio and subtitle streams are muxed with no compression. If you use the unmodified scripts produced by BD3D2MK3D to mux the MKV file, the result should be more or less accurate, but of course, it will not be correct if you mux yourself different streams or with the compression enabled. (I think the compression is enabled anyway when you use MkvMerge GUI.)

I've also fixed some little bugs and improved some things.
Code:
# v0.5 (October 25, 2012)
# - Added options to encode in CQ (Quantizer) or 2-pass and ABR modes (at a given bitrate
#   or for a given MKV file size).
# - Final NTSC frame rate was slightly wrong when the intro clip was included.
# - When encoding with 64-bit x264, the estimated time remaining (eta) is now displayed.
# - Some little cosmetic bugs fixed.
# - Added some missing info in console log.
Download latest version

Last edited by r0lZ; 25th October 2012 at 13:45.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 18:39   #724  |  Link
Nico8583

Thanks a lot !!
Old 25th October 2012, 18:54   #725  |  Link
MaistroX

Thx!

Trying it out now!

Queston: I have this set in RipBot:
"--level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 10 --no-mixed-refs --bframes 10 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid none --subme 10 --aq-mode 1 --trellis 2 --partitions all --me tesa"
How can I rewrite it and use the same for BD3D2MK3D ?

Regards MaistroX

Last edited by MaistroX; 25th October 2012 at 18:58.
MaistroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 22:48   #726  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

You can paste that options in the "Additional Options" field, except --level 4.1 that you should set with the Level box.
Do not tick the "BD Compatible" checkbox, as it sets also some of these options (with different values).

Why do you need to use that options?
Old 25th October 2012, 23:07   #727  |  Link
Penecho

pls del, wrong thread
Penecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 23:35   #728  |  Link
MaistroX

Since I don't really care for the time the encodes take, I have come to the conclusion that these settings have proved to be the best in regards to picture quality on my 64" tv, perfect in any movie!
Old 26th October 2012, 12:11   #729  |  Link
MaistroX

@ r0lZ!

Latest verion works perfect.
A request that I will asked before but will explain and modify a bit here:
You/I can "Convert Subtitle to 3D" as it is now, but lets say (as I often do) want all of BD´s subtitles converted in on swep without having to spend LONG time with each one.
Say as an ex. one open a BD and have the choice to ONLY have have subtiltes extracted and at the same time have them converted to 3D subtitles (all at ones), not one and one manually.
That would be a GREAT addon to BD3D2MK3D!
And allso when I´m @ it.....
Subtiles ARE 99% in the wrong part of the picture as in a original, it would be nice to allso (as I have to go throu EVERY subtitle all over now) be able to set the value that it should be movied to from the bottom.
The thing I´m trying to explain is found in BDSup2Sub, and is found under Edit/Move All Cations and in "Move outside bounds".
As I have to do today, I have to manually (and it takes forever with ALOT of subs) go throu each and every one to get them all as "Offset Y:" 6!
But after they all are in perfect placement in the picture and and not distracting for the viewer!
Can u please add a automated function for this allso in BD3D2MK3D?

LOVE your work so far, makes my "life" so much easier!

Regards MaistroX
Old 26th October 2012, 13:03   #730  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaistroX View Post
A request that I will asked before but will explain and modify a bit here:
You/I can "Convert Subtitle to 3D" as it is now, but lets say (as I often do) want all of BD´s subtitles converted in on swep without having to spend LONG time with each one.
Say as an ex. one open a BD and have the choice to ONLY have have subtiltes extracted and at the same time have them converted to 3D subtitles (all at ones), not one and one manually.
That would be a GREAT addon to BD3D2MK3D!
Well, to extract the subtitles you want, you can simply use any eac3to GUI. (Of course, they will not be converted to 3D SUB/IDX format.)

Or you can use BD3D2MK3D, and untick all audio streams. (You have to type a movie name in tab 3, but that should not be too difficult!)
And, if you want to convert them to 3D on the fly, just tick that option and select the desided depth in tab 2.
Then, launch the process. BD3D2MK3D will extract all subtitles and convert them to 3D automatically. (It will also create the scripts to encode the movie, but you don't need to use them.)

So, IMO, my GUI does already what you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaistroX View Post
And allso when I´m @ it.....
Subtiles ARE 99% in the wrong part of the picture as in a original, it would be nice to allso (as I have to go throu EVERY subtitle all over now) be able to set the value that it should be movied to from the bottom.
The thing I´m trying to explain is found in BDSup2Sub, and is found under Edit/Move All Cations and in "Move outside bounds".
As I have to do today, I have to manually (and it takes forever with ALOT of subs) go throu each and every one to get them all as "Offset Y:" 6!
But after they all are in perfect placement in the picture and and not distracting for the viewer!
Can u please add a automated function for this allso in BD3D2MK3D?
After conversion of the BD subtitles to SUB/IDX format (and optionally to 3D), they should still be at their original position. That may not be what you want, but my GUI tries to clone the original BD as close as possible.

I agree that sometimes, it can be useful to move them a bit. But currently, it's not possible. My GUI uses Suppe3D.exe to convert the subtitles to 3D. Suppe3D uses BDSup2Sub++ to convert the SUP to PNG/XML format, then compose the PNG images in 3D, and uses again BDSup2Sub++ to convert them to SUB/IDX format. Unfortunately, I don't have the control on that process (except the 3D mode and depth, the resize method and the "only forced" options). It would be nice to add the possibility to specify custom options in Suppe3D, that it should pass unchanged to BDSup2Sub++ during the first pass. With that possibility, it would be possible to do whatever BDSup2Sub++ can do with the command line (including the "Move outside bounds" trick).

However, as I've said before, Suppe3D is not my work, and I don't want to modify it myself. Furthermore, Suppe3D is a temporary tool, that should be replaced soon with new options in BDSup2Sub++, so I don't think that it should be enhanced. Anyway, it's up to Neisklar. If he accepts to enhance it, I will add the corresponding options in my app.

I could also write a new tool to just extract the subtitle streams from the BD, convert them myself to SUB/IDX format with any parameter supported by BDSup2Sub++, and finally call Suppe3D to convert them to 3D (if that option is ticked). But I can't do that right now. I am currently working on several other programs, and I need to update PgcEdit. That's a big work, and I haven't enough time to do a tool that will probably be used by you only.

I suggest you try to convince SassBot to implement the 3D support in BDSup2Sub++. With that tool, it should be much more rapid to convert the subtitles to 3D. SassBot has promised to do it, but he is not very active for the moment.
Old 26th October 2012, 15:32   #731  |  Link
Eseninzhiv

please help
create a script AVS
for each eye separately
I need some 2 AVI files (left, right) to work in 3D Encoder
I can not find a solution to this problem

right eye
Quote:
LoadPlugin("DirectShowMVCSource.dll")
video = DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\xxxxx.ssif")
AssumeFPS(video, 24000, 1001)
ConvertToYUY2
left eye
Quote:
video = DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\xxxxx.ssif", decodeleft=true)
ConvertToYUY2
in Virtualdub these scripts work
but do not work in Pismo File Mount

scheme of work virtual AVI:
Quote:
1. Download and install following files.

a. Avisynth rev.2.5 at http://sourceforge.net/

b. Pismo File Mount Package built 162 http://www.pismotechnic.com/pfm/

c. AVFS 1.0.0.5(The Joe Lowe Project) http://www.turtlewar.org/avfs/

-Uncompress this into an arbitrary folder and copy avfs.dll to C:/Windows

-Register avfs.dll into Pismo File Mount

(1) Registration: pfm register c:\windows\avfs.dll from command prompt

(2) To Unregister: pfm unregister c\windows\avfs.dll from command prompt

2. Move mouse-cursor on VIDEO.avs and right-click.
3. Select Quick mount from Menu.
4. VIDEO.avs icon is changed to folder icon then, Virtual folder is created.
5. VIDEO.avi is created in the folder.
under this scheme creates a virtual video and do not take up space on your hard drive.
Eseninzhiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 15:43   #732  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I wonder how your scripts can work! With the following two lines, you define a "video" clip.
Code:
video = DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\xxxxx.ssif")
But the ConvertToYUY2 command does not take the "video" clip as input, and therefore it has nothing to convert.
Furthermore, your script does not return the "video" clip, and should therefore return the output of ConvertToYUY2, that has no input!
IMO, the result MUST always be nothing. I don't know why it works in VDub.

And are you sure you need YUY2 output? Usually, with BD input, it is better to leave the YV12 format unchanged.

Also, I recommend to use AssumeFPS("ntsc_film") instead of AssumeFPS(24000, 1001), as Avisynth doesn't return the floating point frame rates correctly when they are computed.

I don't know and don't use Pismo File Mount, so I can't help much more, but begin by fixing your two scripts:
Code:
DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\xxxxx.ssif")
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")
ConvertToYUY2()
I assume that you know that your encoding application must be located in the "magic path".

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th October 2012 at 15:48.
Old 26th October 2012, 16:45   #733  |  Link
Neisklar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neisklar View Post
It seems i got that bitstream assembler halfway working. That lazy guys... They only implemented stuff that the reference mvc encoder does, and did not skip optional stuff from other decoders...
I could succesfully combine eac3to demuxed left and right. Mux it with YamB in an MP4 container. It plays (one view) in Windows Media Player, it is not working in VLC, and i could use the Intel Media SDK MVC Decoder, BUT also here only one view((

ldecod crashes (but correctly identifies 2 views), it could be, thats my playing with the ldecod source, so i will later have another try
All was not working correctly, so i ended building my own bitstream-assembler. After some trial and error with the interleaving of that NAL units i got it so far that the combined mvc bitstream, muxed in mp4 can be played in WMP, plays in VLC.
It seems it can be decoded in a stock ldecod, and can be decoded with the Intel Media SDK delivered sample_decode.exe as yuv (that one offers under some circumstances even hardware support). For sample_decode.exe we have source provided, and even it's just a sample for the SDK its much faster than ldecod.

I can build up a graph with the Intel Media SDK MVC Decoder Filter, BUT it seems that only gives back the left view

Anyone has some documentation or clues, about the exact ordner of NALUs in an MVC bitstream? That Blu Ray MVC stuff uses some sort of special NALU stuff

Last edited by Neisklar; 26th October 2012 at 16:49.
Old 26th October 2012, 18:08   #734  |  Link
Eseninzhiv

r0lZ, All done
Quote:
DirectShowMVCSource("E:\Blu-ray\1\MVCTOAVI.EXE\3D.ssif")
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")
me need this format YUY2.
in Virtualdub, grafstudio all works, but Pismo File Mount an error.

error.log:
Evaluate: System exception - Access Violation
(E:\Blu-ray\1\MVCTOAVI.EXE\1-right.AVS, line 2)
Eseninzhiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 19:22   #735  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Pismo File Mount is apparently an ISO mounter, right? It's not an encoder or player. How could it crash with an Avisynth script?

The access violation crash is usually caused by the encoder app (that loads the avs script) without being in the "magic path". It can be also caused if the app tries to seek to a specific frame number.

Oh, I see. It's probably AVFS that is causing the problem. It is the "app" that loads the avisynth script, and therefore it must also be in the magic path. Not sure it's feasible, but try to move the AVFS.dll to the magic folder, or try to mount the avs file as a file containing the magic folder path. Since I don't use Pismo File Mount and AVFS, I can't explain how to do that, but these tools look interesting. I will have a look tomorrow...
Old 26th October 2012, 19:36   #736  |  Link
Nico8583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico8583 View Post
I have another question: do you think it will soon be possible to encode to MVC in order to recreate Bluray structure ? DVDFab 8.2 can already encode BD50 to BD25 which is compatible with home player but I would like the same with x264 ...
Any idea to encode to MVC ?
Old 26th October 2012, 20:16   #737  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eseninzhiv View Post
r0lZ, All done

me need this format YUY2.
in Virtualdub, grafstudio all works, but Pismo File Mount an error.

error.log:
Evaluate: System exception - Access Violation
(E:\Blu-ray\1\MVCTOAVI.EXE\1-right.AVS, line 2)
OK, I've tried the AVS mounter trick. It's a good idea, but obviously, it cannot work with DirectShowMVCSource(). If I understand correctly how it works, avfs is a plugin for Pismo File Mount that allows it to mount the AVS script as a file folder, and in that folder, it creates a virtual AVI file, that you can theoretically use with any application that can open an AVI.

The problem is that the AVS script is read and evaluated by Pismo File Mount during the encoding process, and not by the app that reads the AVI. Therefore, for DirectShowMVCSource to work, Pismo File Mount should be installed in the magic path. But that's impossible, as it's a driver, and the installer installs it in the system, and doesn't ask for a destination folder. Maybe it is possible to move its DLL files to another location and modify the registry to open it from that path, but I'm not sure. Anyway, playing with the registry entries of a driver is dangerous, and I don't want to encourage the users to do it.

Sorry, but you will have to find another solution. (There is anther app that can convert an AVS script to a virtual AVI, but I don't remember its name, and it might be outdated.)

IMO, a better solution is to encode to MKV with my GUI.

[EDIT] The tool to convert an AVS file to virtual AVI is probably MakeAVIS. Not sure if it is still developed and where you can download it. It may have the same problem than Pismo File Mount, since it's also a sort of codec that is installed in the system and not in the magic path.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th October 2012 at 20:28.
Old 26th October 2012, 23:01   #738  |  Link
Neisklar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico8583 View Post
Any idea to encode to MVC ?
The Intel Media SDK 2012 R3 MVC Encoder should be configurable to output the MVC stream in that special blu ray format.
Old 27th October 2012, 04:15   #739  |  Link
SixKiller

Hello Guys,

i guess i need another little help from you. Lately im running into strange Problems with the mvcdec (mvctoavi.exe).

Per default it seems that the decoder changes the left-right alignment. The Bluray is left-right. I load this script:

Code:
LoadPlugin("E:\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\mvctoavi.exe\DirectShowMVCSource.dll")
DirectShowMVCSource("H:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00800.ssif", stf=14)
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")
This should output left-right, Full Side.by.Side.

But in fact this outputs right - left. If I encode this script and play back the encoded file in Stereo-Player (set to left-right) the the 3D effect is totally distorted. If i set stereo-player to "right-left" it seems ok, but i have a feeling that the 3D Effect isn't "that strong".

I think it's not directly related to DirectShowMVCSource, because if i use "real" mvctoavi from wimmer (which i bought) it's the same effect. Left.avi is right view indeed and vice versa.

I dont know how i can solve this problem, since i cant tell whats going wrong ?!?!

Thanks for your advice.

P.S. ssifsourcefilter decodes correctly, left = left and right = right
SixKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 08:58   #740  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Interesting and strange problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixKiller View Post
The Bluray is left-right.
Are you sure?
What is the output of eac3to? Does it show the left stream first?

What is the BD you want to encode? I would like to try it...