Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Programming and Hacking > Development

Old 16th March 2010, 19:05   #1  |  Link
Umamio
Cost Effective

Changing Dialog-Based Codec Settings Programmatically (avs2avi and On2 VP6)

I am attempting to perform batch encodes using the On2 VP6 codec, however, using Shodan's excellent method I must set and change the On2 VP6 profiles manually.

I believe I can change On2VP6 profiles programatically by mimicking the registry modifying actions of avs2avi when changing the encoding profile manually by performing a RegQueryValue operation at "HKLM\SOFTWARE\On2 Technologies\VFW Encoder/Decoder Settings\VP62\bSettings" once I've figured out what binary data corresponds to what profile.

However, I cannot determine what exactly avs2avi modifies to set On2 VP6 as the encoder to use, or if I can set this from the command line directly if I know at which position in the list of codecs On2 VP6 appears.

Can anyone help? Or does anyone know how to build a custom avs2avi that restricts its use to a single codec so I don't need to keep having to change it to the correct one?

I do not really know in which section of the forum this belongs

Edit:
I am an idiot. The .conf file in Shodan's method is what stores the profile.

Last edited by Umamio; 18th March 2010 at 20:17.
Umamio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 13:04   #2  |  Link
Umamio
Cost Effective

Finally, I have opted to use mencoder rather than ffmpeg as it has support for using VFW dlls (-xvfwopts) to encode and storing profiles to file using vfw2menc, so I don't have to poke around with the windows registry.

In case anyone has a similar problem.

Information here:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en...r-windows.html
Umamio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avs2avi, batch, command line, on2 vp6, profiles