Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st October 2009, 23:12   #8801  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
Here is a generic patched build using that patch (use at your own risk), although I don't even know what that patch does, just to save some time from clsid.
Thank you kindly.

I found a trojan in it though: Trojan/Win32.Banbra.gen
This kind of trojan steals banking info for people in Brazil.

Maybe your pc is infected for this trojan to have been in the ffdshow you made for me?
So I will not use or tell other people to use this build you kindly made for me for fear it does have a trojan and this is not a false positive.
May I ask clsid to please make me a patch generic build as requested ( link ) as I have good experience with his ffdshow builds.

Last edited by Jeremy Duncan; 21st October 2009 at 23:25.
Jeremy Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 23:34   #8802  |  Link
XhmikosR

Don't be silly It's a known issue with useless AV programs like AVG. Update to the latest signatures, they are supposed to have fixed it. Every Inno Setup installer was detected as a trojan. And as a note, use virustotal.com to check if your AV detects something wrongly or not.
But anyway, too much time spent with you. Maybe I'll infect you too.

EDIT: link removed since you asked for that specific build and you downloaded it.

Last edited by XhmikosR; 21st October 2009 at 23:42.
XhmikosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 23:51   #8803  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Quote:
Don't be silly It's a known issue with useless AV programs like AVG. Update to the latest signatures, they are supposed to have fixed it. Every Inno Setup installer was detected as a trojan. And as a note, use virustotal.com to check if your AV detects something wrongly or not.
But anyway, too much time spent with you. Maybe I'll infect you too.

EDIT: link removed since you asked for that specific build and you downloaded it.
I read your post before your edit and tried the svn version and like you said it was detected as having a trojan too.
So either both have trojans or neither do.

I'm sorry for offending you. It must be a false positive like you said.
Old 22nd October 2009, 00:11   #8804  |  Link
SamuriHL

Do you have ANY idea how many false positives AVG produces? It's ridiculous. They must get 100 reports a day about that. It would drive me insane to use something that flags so much stuff as a virus/trojan/whatever. Some people would argue that being overly cautious makes you safer, but, I'd argue against that concept because really, if you can't trust the AV to get it right, then, um, it's not very useful IMO. "Oh, must be another false positive." BAM.
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 00:25   #8805  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Quote:
Here is a generic patched build using that patch (use at your own risk), although I don't even know what that patch does, just to save some time from clsid.
The patched build doesn't work as good as when I use the ffdshow.ax SEt made. I wonder to myself if you applied the patch to ffdshow correctly?
Maybe you can make a new ffdshow.ax with the patch, same build as the one you made for me today and I will see if that works better than the exe.

I'm testing the patched build with mvtools2 motion interpolation, scene skipping in mpc.
Old 22nd October 2009, 00:42   #8806  |  Link
XhmikosR

No, the process is simple. Patch applied and then rebuilt ffdshow. Setup has the same ffdshow.ax so what you suggest does not make any sense. Nothing more I can do. So ask SEt, or wait until someone takes a look at that patch.

Last edited by XhmikosR; 22nd October 2009 at 00:58.
XhmikosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 00:51   #8807  |  Link
rica

jeremy asked.
Pls put his shopping basket what he wants.

duncan, do not forget somebody is trying to help you
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 05:39   #8808  |  Link
ryrynz

Core2 builds

@XhmikosR,

Do you plan on continuing to build the core2 versions?
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 06:01   #8809  |  Link
Sebastiii

Hi i have receive my 5770
Ready to go to test

Seb.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:11   #8810  |  Link
XhmikosR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
@XhmikosR,

Do you plan on continuing to build the core2 versions?
Maybe, I'll update that build every now and then, but keep in mind that if something is broken, you should use a normal build to see if that one is broken too.
As usual you can find the link in my signature.
If someone could make some more benchmarks, that would be nice, since in my case the performance improvement is small, but not that bad. (see a few pages before)
Also I wonder maybe it's time to update the project files for ICL 11 since no one can download the ICL 10 from Intel. ICL 11.1.048 works very nice, no problems reported. The only thing is that I have to disable vectorization.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:40   #8811  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
it breaks the avisynth timecodes to be compatible w/ a heavily broken 2.58 MT DLL and kills 2.57 support(crashes/dropped frames/half speed)...I hope this patch won't make it to the SVN, I don't care for broken 2.58 MT DLL's, 2.57 works pretty fine...and Leak didn't make a patch, meaning it's not required.

plugins need to be compiled w/ the new 2.58 DLL's, not too handy..so let's leave at that until 2.60 comes out.

Last edited by leeperry; 22nd October 2009 at 11:42.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:42   #8812  |  Link
XhmikosR

@leepery: don't tell that to me; tell Jeremy Duncan. I just built a build with that patch, since no one else would do it.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:49   #8813  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

..for a good reason. hehe, Jeremy likes to play god w/ compiling this DLL, we all have our funs in life
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:50   #8814  |  Link
SEB2010

Multiply aspect ratio

Hi guys,

i have a problem with my aspect ratios and i miss an option for the resize/aspect-ratio filter:
I am running WinXP with 800x600 resolution and my drivers and some applications require this resoltution as minimum. Although, my 7" LCD has a native resolution of 800x480 which squeezes the 800x600 diplay-content verticaly. Now i tried to get the right settings in the ffdshow resize-section to get the original aspect ratio on my lcd. This works perfectly for a given aspect-ratio, but is impossible if i e.g. want to watch both 16:9 and 4:3 videos. Only for one aspect i can set the right resize-options.
What i need, is a field, where i can set mulitpliers for one side of the aspect-ratio. For example:
The video is 16:9 and has to be modified to 16:9/480*600=16:11.25 to be displayed right on the LCD. If i play a 4:3 video, the aspect ratio has to be 4:3/480*600=4:3.75 to displayed right.
I thought that the "process pixel aspect ratio internally" might do the trick, but this option had no effect what so ever on my machine.
Is there a combination of configurations which i have to set to get the effect or is this option missing?

thx SEB
SEB2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:55   #8815  |  Link
jmartinr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEB2010 View Post
Hi guys,

i have a problem with my aspect ratios and i miss an option for the resize/aspect-ratio filter:
I am running WinXP with 800x600 resolution and my drivers and some applications require this resoltution as minimum. Although, my 7" LCD has a native resolution of 800x480 which squeezes the 800x600 diplay-content verticaly. Now i tried to get the right settings in the ffdshow resize-section to get the original aspect ratio on my lcd. This works perfectly for a given aspect-ratio, but is impossible if i e.g. want to watch both 16:9 and 4:3 videos. Only for one aspect i can set the right resize-options.
What i need, is a field, where i can set mulitpliers for one side of the aspect-ratio. For example:
The video is 16:9 and has to be modified to 16:9/480*600=16:11.25 to be displayed right on the LCD. If i play a 4:3 video, the aspect ratio has to be 4:3/480*600=4:3.75 to displayed right.
I thought that the "process pixel aspect ratio internally" might do the trick, but this option had no effect what so ever on my machine.
Is there a combination of configurations which i have to set to get the effect or is this option missing?

thx SEB
Set "process pixel aspect ratio internally" and "PAR of output device" to 4:5.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:10   #8816  |  Link
SEB2010

thx, played around with this option but never made any difference. only in combination with "keep original aspect ratio" it modified it to the seemingly corret aspect. The resize to fit resolution put the last piece into the puzzle.

thx alot
SEB2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 08:03   #8817  |  Link
swordsman

Remote API - delphi - DrawOSD

Whats up with DrawOSD function?
Will it be back again?

And else - there is no updated delphi header and there is an error (imho) in last IffDecoder.h - the DrawOSD function is removed and added one more shortOSDmessage. When compiling that as overloaded functions - it cause an errors, if I remove old shortOSDmessage function - it works, but without HTML and multiple line handling

PS I compile this on Delphi 7
Versoin of ffdshow - 3109 & Up

Last edited by swordsman; 23rd October 2009 at 08:07.
swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:21   #8818  |  Link
tal.aloni

swordsman,
we discussed about it few pages ago,
DrawOSD was required the usage of a registry key to store the OSD message, which made it limited (no more than one message per frame), and hard to maintain with the upgrade to preset based OSD.
we have a new overloaded shortOSDmessage (with x and y coordinates) which is more powerful.

- I wasn't aware of a delphi header, but I see it now (IffDecoder_com.pas), can you use the "Overload;" keyword to make both work in delphi?

otherwise I'm assuming we will have to rename the second shortOSDmessage to something like shortOSDmessageAbsolute.

- regarding HTML / multiple lines, I now see that I've missed something, I'll see about it.

p.s. regarding multiple lines, in most cases you can just use multiple calls to shortOSDmessage.

Thanks,
Tal

Last edited by tal.aloni; 23rd October 2009 at 11:18.
tal.aloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:25   #8819  |  Link
swordsman

Remote API - delphi - DrawOSD

If I use overload function I get errors, if I delete old ShortOSDMessage then I got it working? except HTML & multiline

In ffdshow with drawosd I used next:

st:='<font color=yellow> Sample rate:</font>'+smplrate+'KHz'+#10+
'<font color=yellow> Bit rate:</font>'+bitrate+'KBps'
DrawOSD(10,10, pchar(st));

and got 2 lines with 2 colors.
swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:00   #8820  |  Link
tal.aloni

swordsman,
does + '\n' + between lines works?

p.s.
I'm about to post an updated beta build, I would like your help testing it.
tal.aloni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl