Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 7th March 2017, 14:10   #161  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Sure, it's 6.1.7601.17514
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 15:41   #162  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

You was right about Platform update. 6.1.7601.17514 is version SP1 installs. On my test Win7 system it's 6.2.9200.16570 and that is version Platform update installs.

Unfortunately, unlike missing interface issue I've solved in my code, there's no way to solve this one. I've updated release once more, but you can only check if it gives your a message about Platform update instead of a crash.

You must somehow find a way to install Platform update.
Orf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 14:33   #163  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

YAP 0.8.5.65 released. This release fixes broken video preview, EVR CP issues and addresses some other bugs found since previous release
Old 3rd April 2017, 08:06   #164  |  Link
grayson

Interesting

I will try this one today with my new DVD.
Thanks.
difficult affiliate marketing
magentotarget

Last edited by grayson; 27th June 2017 at 08:41.
grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2017, 11:05   #165  |  Link
Matching_Mole

I tried YAP 0.8.5 (with anydvd hd) to play a blu-ray but unfortunately I failed, whatever I did. But as I'm not used to the interface, maybe I did something wrong. By the way, maybe more straightforward menu entries ("Play a file" and "Play a disc") would be a great addition to the player.

I tried first to import the mpls and the m2ts files of the movie to the playlist of YAP but it didn't work (i used BDinfo to know the correct files). So I used "import folder" to import all the blu-ray files and I succed to have all the mpls in the YAP playlist. I tried to play the main file but I had an error message ("SQLite: unknown error").

I tried also to run the menu disc and after a long time of running, I got a crash of YAP with this message:

Using VLC I have the menus and the playback easily and with MPC I have the playback easily also.

I tried with several blu-ray, I got each time the same result. I'm using Win 7 64x updated, YAP 32bit (because I plan to use reclock if I succed to use YAP) and the last version of LAV filters, Madvr, dsLibBluray and dsLibDVDNav
Matching_Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2017, 13:46   #166  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

@Matching_Mole, thanks for reporting back

About the first error, can you show me the error stack trace ? To do so, open message panel (M key), press enter to switch it to debug log view, locate and copy error trace from there (this view shows only last two sessions of YAP so it is mainly useful exactly after error is happens). Or alternative way, press Ctrl+D to open debug log in notepad and locate the error message there

About the second one, I'm not quite sure what can cause it. Did it happen when you click at the scrollbar on a same playlist ?

Quote:
By the way, maybe more straightforward menu entries ("Play a file" and "Play a disc") would be a great addition to the player
May be, but I'm not sure it will be so. It is not quite like other players, I agree. Actually YAP plays contents of its library (DB). So logically you should import at least once your files to library. Then you can play it without open any files or disc.
And you was right, for BD your should use import folder, this imports all playable BD contents. For most other medias import folder will do too
Old 8th April 2017, 19:05   #167  |  Link
Matching_Mole

@Orf

Here, as requested, the extract of the debug screen for the first issue(SQL related error):

For the second issue, I just right-clicked and, in "Additional control", I selected "Disc Menu".

Regarding the possible additional menu entries, I understand your view for the video files. But for disc files (DVD and Blu-ray), as they are by nature temporary, a more straightforward way could be very helpful.
Old 9th April 2017, 13:00   #168  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

Thanks, the bug in #167 and second one from #165 successfully located and fixed. This should fix a native BD playback for you

But I think we got at least two more issues:
1) First one form #165 "SQLite: unknown error" is different from the one in #167 "SQLite: syntax error". Can you locate it stack trace using Ctrl+D and searching for "SQLite: unknown error" in Notepad, so I can fix it as well ?
2) The issue when you can't start Bluray menu is most likely dsLibBluray related. It got nothing to do with YAP native way of playing BD's. Native way uses LAV source which is far more reliable then when dsLibBluray source is used. Did YAP stays in 'Busy' (displays red status icon in taskbar) mode after Disc menu is clicked ? Also, dsLibBluray installation have its own test player, you can check if it can play your BD
Old 9th April 2017, 13:19   #169  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matching_Mole
Regarding the possible additional menu entries, I understand your view for the video files. But for disc files (DVD and Blu-ray), as they are by nature temporary, a more straightforward way could be very helpful.
If you talking about additional 'Import disc' entry' this is not currently available, but there's some things you can do about it:
  • Activate 'Autoplay after import' option
  • Import it into temporary playlist (if you don't want YAP to save it permanently)
  • Activate explorer context menu and import from there
  • Drag and drop from explorer will do it too
Old 9th April 2017, 15:45   #170  |  Link
Matching_Mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orf View Post
:
1) First one form #165 "SQLite: unknown error" is different from the one in #167 "SQLite: syntax error". Can you locate it stack trace using Ctrl+D and searching for "SQLite: unknown error" in Notepad, so I can fix it as well ?
Here the extract from the log regardint the SQL unknow error:
Code:
08.04.2017 11:38:51.001 SQLite: near ",": syntax error
Stack trace:
TPlaylist.CheckMediaFilename 2322
TPlaylist.Play 2890
TPlaylist.PlayPause 2919
TMainWnd.PlayPauseExecute 2495
TNavigatorExecutor.OnWork 6627
08.04.2017 11:39:01.139 FullscreenMode.Execute
08.04.2017 11:39:02.101 Resize(1920, 1200) 947 ms
08.04.2017 11:39:04.592 PlayPause.Execute
08.04.2017 11:39:04.645 SQLite: unknown error
Stack trace:
TPlaylist.CheckMediaFilename 2322
TPlaylist.Play 2890
TPlaylist.PlayPause 2919
TMainWnd.PlayPauseExecute 2495
TNavigatorExecutor.OnWork 6627
It seems related to the previous error (#167). As indicated in the log, I have first the SQL syntax error, I try to click again on a file from the playlist and then I have the SQL unknown message.

Quote:
:
2) The issue when you can't start Bluray menu is most likely dsLibBluray related.
I used the demo player coming with dsLibBluray and it works instantly with no issue with the same blu-ray. When I try again with YAP, YAP keeps permanently busy.
Old 9th April 2017, 18:19   #171  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

Thanks, look likes it's not even related, but both are the same error. Strange why SQLite gives different messages for each. And also I can simulate disc menu issue, it not dsLibBluray related as I've thought, it is just consequent to the first error. Even found another related bug, that not happens in your case. All this bugs happens only when BD is played directly from disc drive. Will release updated version soon
Old 9th April 2017, 20:15   #172  |  Link
Matching_Mole

Great, thank you very much Orf!
Old 10th April 2017, 13:41   #173  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

YAP 0.8.5.70 released

Matching_Mole, pls confirm if it fixes all of your issues
p/s If your playlist is not temporary one, do not forget to clear it and reimport your disk

Last edited by Orf; 10th April 2017 at 13:52.
Old 10th April 2017, 19:08   #174  |  Link
Matching_Mole

Quote:
YAP 0.8.5.70 released

Matching_Mole, pls confirm if it fixes all of your issues
p/s If your playlist is not temporary one, do not forget to clear it and reimport your disk
Great news, all seems to work now, either the playback and the menu! Thank you very much for that!!!

Just, I noted that if I use the bluray menu feature, YAP switch automatically to EVR even if I selected Madvr as renderer and when I launch the movie, YAP remains in EVR. As Madvr is far better than EVR, this is pretty annoying for me.

And again, maybe it's just me but I feel all the process to import the blu-ray files into the player's playlist should be more transparent and need too many actions for the user.

Please, let me know if I can help you any further. Thank you very much again for your player.
Old 10th April 2017, 20:04   #175  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

Quote:
Great news, all seems to work now, either the playback and the menu! Thank you very much for that!!!
Yes, now I can go further with other things again

Quote:
I noted that if I use the bluray menu feature, YAP switch automatically to EVR even if I selected Madvr as renderer and when I launch the movie, YAP remains in EVR. As Madvr is far better than EVR, this is pretty annoying for me
Even it's not YAP fault, I need to explain why this happens. dsLibBluray requires video renderer to support multiple input pins. Unfortunately current madVR do not support it. As far as I know madshi aware of it, so he may add support for it some day or may not, I don't know. Also YAP should change renderer back to madVR when you leave disc menu (pressing Alt+M again). But if you start movie from bluray menu it is still played using dsLibBluray setup with EVR CP. It is not a native way to play BDs which use LAV source instead of dsLibBluray, supports both renderers and switching between them any time.

So recommended usage for bluray menu feature (and that's why I've implement it) is only to glance on how's menu look like. After that you can leave menu along and play BD using native way. Playlist/chapter navigation and stream switching is built in, so you don't losing much. Also dsLibBluray can't played all BDs correctly, do not have 64bit version, so this feature is limited in many ways

Quote:
And again, maybe it's just me but I feel all the process to import the blu-ray files into the player's playlist should be more transparent and need too many actions for the user
May be you can suggest on how to do it? Currently I have no ideas. I may add import drive dialog for example, as I've said earlier, but you didn't answer is that what you want or may be your want something else ?

Quote:
Please, let me know if I can help you any further
Any feedback helps to understand how others use it, so feel free to comment it more

Last edited by Orf; 10th April 2017 at 20:08.
Old 19th May 2018, 16:30   #176  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

YAP 0.9.0.44 released, finally

This release is mostly about brand-new tree-view style playlist but also includes some other enhancements and fixes. See readme.txt inside .zip for the detailed list of changes
Old 21st May 2018, 14:42   #177  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

I've recently update Nvidia drivers to 397.64 on my Win10 1803 system, and find out that YAP crashes or hang with it. Rollback to previous 390.77 driver completely solved this for me. Look likes it's related to the fact that MS introduced WDDM 2.4 in 1803 and 397.64 also adds support for it. Does anyone else experience this bug? And may be have found a better workaround?
Old 22nd June 2018, 10:46   #178  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

YAP 0.9.0.50 released

This release adds workaround for Win10 1803 with latest Nvidia drivers crash/hang, broken image slideshow and some other minor fixes

Also, first post images were updated to reflect new playlist look
Old 7th August 2018, 10:28   #179  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

The project is now have home page and forum.

Last edited by Orf; 7th August 2018 at 11:01.
Old 7th August 2018, 13:48   #180  |  Link
suanm

Downloading.....
suanm is offline   Reply With Quote