Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 23rd March 2012, 21:30   #1  |  Link
Milardo

DVD Planner Pro!

Hi, since dvd planner is no longer developed, I've been looking at the program and wonder does anybody have a copy of dvd planner pro? Thanks in advance.
Milardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 19:11   #2  |  Link
ggtop

Hi Milardo,

I just found an 3 1/2 year old thread at videohelp:

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/290554-DVDPlanner!

The link is still working so you can download the software from the chip.de website. The pro version could only be obtained by donation, but Zeul's site is no longer active.

I looked at my own archive and have the same version.

Just out of curiosity...what do you expect a five year old software (btw that never passed a beta stage) to make better than tons of up-to-date freeware DVD authoring packages that are avaiable and still under maintenance?

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 01:59   #3  |  Link
Milardo

Hi ggtop,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, i created that thread. The reason why i would like to use this software, is because it seems or is to be for creating dvds and customizing one at all levels. I'm still having trouble finding one that is freeware and can do advanced authoring with a gui and not having to install a whole bunch of additional programs. Do you know if it is possible to create motions menus with dvdplanner? Like either having a video background or motion buttons (with video) and audio in the background? If you know how to do that please reply with the steps thanks in advance. I'm also welcome to suggestions of other advanced dvd freeware, but I have tried and searched for many and they just can't do everything that I want to do, etc.
Old 29th March 2012, 09:27   #4  |  Link
ggtop

Hi Milardo,

I had very good results using AVStoDVD. It supports motion thumbs for chapters but no motion backgrounds. That is the software to use if you have to convert your videos into mpeg2. If you alreadey have DVD compliant streams I would have a look at DVDStyler and/or DVDAuthorGUI. For the payware side I made a few compilations using DVDLab. I think it costs about 50$, but it was quite easy to use if you know how a DVD is structured. Especially the menu features are nice.

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 06:28   #5  |  Link
Roger1972

Hi milardo,

Check DVDLab Pro, is a very nice pro DVD Authoring Tool
http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html
Roger1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 01:22   #6  |  Link
Milardo

AVStoDVD is okay, but it doesn't have all the dvd making features I would like. DVDLab or DVDLab Pro is good but I am looking for a free advanced dvd making solution.
Old 6th April 2012, 12:39   #7  |  Link
manolito

Maybe DVDStyler is the right software for you. Everything is built-in, and Mr. Thuering constantly adds new features.
Quote:
Version 2.2 beta 1 <2011-12-20>
-------------------------------

* added support of video buttons
A very recent addition is support for video buttons. Video background has been supported for a long time already.

Plus there is a very helpful guide by Jonathan Blair at http://www.dvdstyler.org/docs/dvd_styler_guide.pdf
This guide explains in detail how to make use of the DVDAuthor scripting capabilities.

I have been using DVDStyler for a long time, and I made some really nice menues with it. I am not too crazy about its transcoding abilities (using ffmpeg), but nothing prevents you from preparing your streams using other software...

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 02:01   #8  |  Link
Milardo

Thanks a lot, I just tried it and it seems to have all the advanced features one might need!
Old 17th April 2012, 19:46   #9  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
I had very good results using AVStoDVD. It supports motion thumbs for chapters but no motion backgrounds.
Well, just to be 100% correct, AVStoDVD does support motion background. BTW its graphics capabilities are not as advanced as DVD Styler.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote