Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th January 2012, 13:41   #10601  |  Link
Trayman

Believe I found a litlle bug in the encoding client. If the connection times out for some reason the connect button stays disabled. In my case it was the first run of the latest encoding client and it wasn't allowed in the firewall. So the connction timed out. The connect button should be enabled after the connection timed out so you can reconnect after fixing the problem with the connection. Had to enter the ip in server 3 to be able to start the encode on the second machine.

//Trayman
Trayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 16:11   #10602  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Code:
Added: MKV can also be used in Distributed Encoding Mode.
Changed: 1 min chunks for CQ mode instead of 10 min
Fixed: not working 'Shutdown when Finished'
Fixed: error message in batch mode. Broken video file will be automatically discarded
Fixed: EncodingClient was using Domain-Name instead of Computer-Name
Fixed: Incorrect number of frames between passes in Distributed Encoding. Now number of frames in last chunk will be limited according to stat file
Fixed: corruption at the begining of the chunk. (Encoding Client will first analyze video and then prepare chunks according to I-Frame (key frame) position.)
http://www.mediafire.com/?73w6p5vo6347ctt

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 19th January 2012 at 19:35.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 16:45   #10603  |  Link
Ronski

Nice, now you've added MKV I'll have to give distributed encoding a go, any one got it working on WH Server 2011?

Any chance of adding option to sleep after encoding finishes please?
Ronski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 17:02   #10604  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Code:
Fixed: error message in batch mode. Broken video file will be automatically discarded
Fixed: Incorrect number of frames between passes in Distributed Encoding. Now number of frames in last chunk will be limited according to stat file
Fixed: corruption at the begining of the chunk. (Encoding Client will first analyze video and then prepare chunks according to I-Frame (key frame) position.)
Fantastic news Atak! Thank you for adding the MKV support. That will help me greatly. Where can I find this version? Is it on the main page or is it still unreleased?

I am also interested to see if the chunking change is a plus or minus for CQ. Seems to me that creating 120 chunks as opposed to 12 is opening up a greater chance of error, but we will see. Any chance the chunking time could be an INI change?
Balthazar2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 17:08   #10605  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I found some bug (MKV in distributed encoding hangs for some files) .

Quote:
Seems to me that creating 120 chunks as opposed to 12 is opening up a greater chance of error, but we will see.
It shouldn't be problem because chunks are splited at keyframes.
Old 19th January 2012, 17:26   #10606  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
I found some bug (MKV in distributed encoding hangs for some files) .

It shouldn't be problem because chunks are splited at keyframes.
Thanks for the update Atak. I would be happy to test the changes for you if you need it.

Also, I don't know if you know this, but there is a regression bug in x264 with trellis=2 and subme >=8 that can cause corruption. You may want to update the package with r2146.

Edit: Nevermind, I see that it is packaged with r2120. Should be fine.
Old 19th January 2012, 19:35   #10607  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...64#post1552664
Old 19th January 2012, 19:43   #10608  |  Link
gav1577

Quote:
Code:
Thanks for the update Atak
gav1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 20:38   #10609  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Code:
Fantastic! Thanks Atak!
Old 20th January 2012, 00:30   #10610  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

On MKV distributed encodes is the "New Job" windows supposed to hang and say "Not Responding" for a few minutes before starting the Demux? Should I just consider that normal?
Old 20th January 2012, 01:15   #10611  |  Link
gav1577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
On MKV distributed encodes is the "New Job" windows supposed to hang and say "Not Responding" for a few minutes before starting the Demux? Should I just consider that normal?
Yes its normal its scanning the file for frame data
gav1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 02:02   #10612  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav1577 View Post
Yes its normal its scanning the file for frame data
I sort of figured as much, but I never had it do that before for so long. Also, I am getting more "Starting..." chunk hang-ups than I was getting before. I am sure it has to do with the fact there are so many more chunks in CQ mode now. Simply increases the odds of a hang-up.
Old 20th January 2012, 04:31   #10613  |  Link
Ryushin

I was ripping Leaving Las Vegas Blu-ray tonight with the new software running 1 minute chunks. Something very odd occurred with the final video. Occasionally, there are parts of the movie that have 1 or two frames from other parts of the movie put into it. Almost like it was not re-assembled correctly. I'm going to re-encode it again to see if the same thing happens.

Edit: I encoded Willy Wonka blu-ray and about every minute (or so), there is corruption for a frame or two.

Last edited by Ryushin; 20th January 2012 at 07:12.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 07:35   #10614  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
I was ripping Leaving Las Vegas Blu-ray tonight with the new software running 1 minute chunks. Something very odd occurred with the final video. Occasionally, there are parts of the movie that have 1 or two frames from other parts of the movie put into it. Almost like it was not re-assembled correctly. I'm going to re-encode it again to see if the same thing happens.

Edit: I encoded Willy Wonka blu-ray and about every minute (or so), there is corruption for a frame or two.
Strange, I have only encoded a couple BD MKVs and so far, so good. I had problems with earlier versions (prior to the I-Frame split change). Are both of those movies VC-1?
Old 20th January 2012, 07:49   #10615  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
Strange, I have only encoded a couple BD MKVs and so far, so good. I had problems with earlier versions (prior to the I-Frame split change). Are both of those movies VC-1?
Willy Wonka is VC1 while Leaving Las Vegas is AVC. I'm going to have to start watching more of what I've been encoding to see if there are any more problems.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 10:29   #10616  |  Link
rc71

Question.

Does anyone know what "Couldn't open input file in HIDE mode! Existing" means and possibly how to correct the issue? Thanks

Is it a size/space issue?

Last edited by rc71; 20th January 2012 at 10:49.
rc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 13:53   #10617  |  Link
picman1

It looks like I have to encode subtitles (build into picture) to get the forced subtitles can anyone suggest what the best configuration would be to get the closest quality to the original video would be for BD. I want to encode the subtitles for Avatar and keep the quality as close as original, space is not an issue. Thanks
picman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 14:07   #10618  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by picman1 View Post
It looks like I have to encode subtitles (build into picture) to get the forced subtitles can anyone suggest what the best configuration would be to get the closest quality to the original video would be for BD. I want to encode the subtitles for Avatar and keep the quality as close as original, space is not an issue. Thanks
I use the "Very Slow" preset with the "Film" tune. I also use CQ 17.
Old 20th January 2012, 14:13   #10619  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Definitely having more problems with "Starting..." hang-ups after the CQ split change. Had an encode hang overnight when it stalled on a chunk. Basically turned what should have been a 2-3 hour encode into almost 8 hours.
Old 20th January 2012, 15:32   #10620  |  Link
Trayman

@rc71 I had the same problem with some of my dvds. It's dgindex that generates that error. It has something to do with invalid characters in the filenames.
I used ifoedit to remove some streams and made a new ifo file. After that it ran smoothly. Don't know what it reacted to only that my tinkering solved the problem. Will take a look again at my copy of A Clockwork Orange to see if i can isolate the error.

//Trayman
Trayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360