Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 25th May 2010, 20:14   #11801  |  Link
DigitalDeviant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastiii View Post
hi

Try just for try lol : ffdshow_rev3453_20100525-Debug.exe

Yes it's on this sample
Cheers,
Seb.
Thanks. It'll be a while until I get home from work and can test but this has made my day a whole lot better. Well, this and cake...
Old 25th May 2010, 20:15   #11802  |  Link
Eliminateur

yesterday i installed win7 x64, installed ffdshow x64, mpchc x64 and all the hoopla only to find that i had 700S of jitter, 99% dropped frames or increasing linear jitter and 80% cpu usage on a 640x480 divx avi files!
After talking to some people i isolated the problem to the deband filter which i always used on 32b xp, they also told me that it's been broken since a logn time ago on x64 and it's even reported.

is there any plan on porting the deband filter to x64 correctly?
or if it's so broken, why allow it to be enabled, put a warning or in x64 make it do nothing
Eliminateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 00:20   #11803  |  Link
Snowknight26

Any chance of preventing lossless H.264 from being loaded with the DXVA filter?
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 03:41   #11804  |  Link
rack04

I noticed in recent builds (don't know exactly which version) that if I right click while a video is playing in MPC-HC, select filters, select ffdshow video decoder, and select any filter it always selects the filter that is two space below the one that is selected. For example, I click on "subtitles" then "OSD" is selected.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 03:55   #11805  |  Link
DigitalDeviant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastiii View Post
hi

Try just for try lol : ffdshow_rev3453_20100525-Debug.exe

Yes it's on this sample
Cheers,
Seb.
It's definitely better but not gone.

If you look at the "had died" part there is still some junk. I don't get the subtitle format. When I view them in SupRip or BDSup2Sub it's not 2 separate subpics as I assumed it would be; it's one big one but the bottom lines aren't the same color as it's displayed during playback. MPC-HC's internal subtitle renderer displays it correctly however.
Old 26th May 2010, 10:06   #11806  |  Link
yair

hi, im looking for motion targa (MTGA) support for ffdshow,
on what shoulder should i cry on
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=154781
targa spec

tags: tagra, motion tagra, MTGA, directshow, libavcodec
yair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 11:10   #11807  |  Link
Sebastiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDeviant View Post

If you look at the "had died" part there is still some junk. I don't get the subtitle format. When I view them in SupRip or BDSup2Sub it's not 2 separate subpics as I assumed it would be; it's one big one but the bottom lines aren't the same color as it's displayed during playback. MPC-HC's internal subtitle renderer displays it correctly however.
Effectively, i'm too quick, i have the same result (it's closed to perfect )
Old 26th May 2010, 22:18   #11808  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
I am not sure what the rationale was behind this change. Maybe Albain can explain. Maybe for selecting subs?

Perhaps we could show just an on/off for subtitles in there, instead of showing all the filters.
This has always been like that, Milan implemented it this way

Actually there was no subtitle/audio streams inside this menu at first but ffdshow filters. I only added subs/audio after, but with a different group id.
This is the implementation of IAMStreamSelect interface which is the interface now used by all the players to display and select streams and maybe chapters too (Haali)

I chose to keep it that way. Maybe there is a bug on the selection part, not on audio/subs but on internal streams, I have never tried.

Anyway, we can choose to remove ffdshow internal filters from the list (I don't have any objection) or to tell other player developers to take into account the group ID of the stream (0 for video, 1 for audio, 2 or 99 for subtitles, and other values for other types) as they should do.

Quote:

Indeed, I have not seen that one. I had to rewrote all the PGS parsing because all the existing PGS parsers are buggy. This problem is tricky because the picture is cut into several parts, here in the midle of the yellow sub (and not between the white and yellow), so I have to find and tune how/where to start each new part

Last edited by albain; 26th May 2010 at 22:23.
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 23:24   #11809  |  Link
DigitalDeviant

Well, obviously it doesn't render the subtitle unreadable so it's not a critical bug. I've only seen this one title with subs like this and if it is too distracting MPC-HC will play it correctly.

Now I have a quick question. How does ffdshow handle forced subtitles in Blu-ray? I had someone ask me this and couldn't answer them and I don't have any samples to test it myself.
Old 27th May 2010, 00:57   #11810  |  Link
obieobieobie

Anyone else having problem with post processing and FLV4 files? It gets really blurry as if there's an inloop filter + post processing enabled. I experienced the problem in rev3426 and rev3452 which I just downloaded.
obieobieobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 11:45   #11811  |  Link
GrandeBoma

Quote:
Well, obviously it doesn't render the subtitle unreadable so it's not a critical bug. I've only seen this one title with subs like this and if it is too distracting MPC-HC will play it correctly.

Now I have a quick question. How does ffdshow handle forced subtitles in Blu-ray? I had someone ask me this and couldn't answer them and I don't have any samples to test it myself.
as far as I am concerned, mpc does not handle forced subtitles properly (yet).

there are 2 types of blu-rays: some have forced subtitles in a separate file (imagine 2 subtitle files, one for watching the entire movie with subtitles, one for watching only those forced subs). In this case it's simple: just select the right sub track and only forced subs will be displayed. An example of this would be the bourne or the lord of the rings trilogies

Some other movies have only one subtitles file for each language and those who are "forced" are flagged as such, but for the time being the mpc/ffdshow subtitle engine is not capable to tell which is which and will display everything. We would need an option such as those offered by vobsub filter to "only show forced subtitles". An example of this would be District 9 or Avatar

Last edited by GrandeBoma; 27th May 2010 at 11:53.
GrandeBoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 13:22   #11812  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Albain, what do you think about putting audio tracks, embedded subtitle tracks, subtitle files, etc. each in their own subnenu? i.e. ffdshow Video Decoder --> Subtitle files --> list of all subtitle files found. This would keep functionality while reducing the mess it is now with files with lots of subtitles or audio streams.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 18:08   #11813  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
reducing the mess
that sounds like a great idea! just like offering an option to switch all this off and allow the end-users to have it the exact same way it was before..no useless options clogging the screen, no "setup" button on the very top of the menus...a one clicker like before, ya know
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 18:35   #11814  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
that sounds like a great idea! just like offering an option to switch all this off and allow the end-users to have it the exact same way it was before..no useless options clogging the screen, no "setup" button on the very top of the menus...a one clicker like before, ya know
The problem here is that the "Add tray icon menu to player's stream/laguages menu" doesn't work since the lastest changes. If you have it disabled nothing should appear, like it was before.

Try not to parrot the same things over and over please, it's annoying. We get it, ya know.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
Old 28th May 2010, 00:59   #11815  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
We get it
Obviously some ppl don't, and english is not everyone's native tongue so I simply try to make it clear..you can always add me to your ignore list and call it a day. Those changes are uncalled for, and I understand that there's hardly any active ffdshow coders atm...so I don't mean to upset anyone, but if they all decide to make this big of a change on their own...who's in charge to judge what's good for the users community, and what isn't? Could there be some sort of end-users poll for major GUI changes? Just saying anyway

Moving all that subs config to the tasktray icon would indeed be a great idea...as I don't use it

Last edited by leeperry; 28th May 2010 at 06:26.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 10:30   #11816  |  Link
Cloudstrifeff7

I have a problem with ffdshow 64 and mpc-hc 64. If I use deband filter, I have desynchronisation of video and sound. O_o
With 32 bits version, I don't have problem.

I use win 7 64 bit.
Cloudstrifeff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 13:24   #11817  |  Link
clsid

Deband is mega slow on x64. We need a volunteer to fix it (or disable it).
Old 28th May 2010, 13:46   #11818  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Deband is mega slow on x64. We need a volunteer to fix it (or disable it).
Deband has been ported to x64 by JoshyD, I asked for the source code but he's busy. I'd wait a bit.
Old 28th May 2010, 20:59   #11819  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
Obviously some ppl don't, and english is not everyone's native tongue so I simply try to make it clear..you can always add me to your ignore list and call it a day. Those changes are uncalled for, and I understand that there's hardly any active ffdshow coders atm...so I don't mean to upset anyone, but if they all decide to make this big of a change on their own...who's in charge to judge what's good for the users community, and what isn't? Could there be some sort of end-users poll for major GUI changes? Just saying anyway

Moving all that subs config to the tasktray icon would indeed be a great idea...as I don't use it
What you don't understand is that nothing has changed in FFDShow on this part; I just improved the subtitle/menu extraction but this is just internal.

This change is visible to you because your player now supports this interface. You should complain to them so that they filter streams. Media Portal, MPC-HC do so to only retrieve the streams from the groups they are interested in
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 22:46   #11820  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
What you don't understand is that nothing has changed in FFDShow on this part; I just improved the subtitle/menu extraction but this is just internal.

This change is visible to you because your player now supports this interface. You should complain to them so that they filter streams. Media Portal, MPC-HC do so to only retrieve the streams from the groups they are interested in
"Add tray icon menu to player's stream/laguages menu" should enable/disable everything though, like before. Now it makes no effect.

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl