Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 1st January 2006, 19:27   #961  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

note: do not upload the patches to SF if they're not completed or i (or the other admins) have to reject them.
Just post screenshots or include/attach them here.
Also, is it incemetal (restuctured2 goes over restructure1) or is it from scratch (restructure2 goes over the megui sources)?

Last edited by Sharktooth; 1st January 2006 at 19:45.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2006, 19:58   #962  |  Link
Raithmir

Feature request : Could you add a date/time stamp at the start and end of logging each job? Would be useful to see how long each bit takes as I usually just set my PC to shutdown when finished and then go back looking at the logs (which incidently it seems to sometimes write two identical logs a few seconds apart, I've not figured out what scenario's it does it yet).
Raithmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2006, 20:43   #963  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

you mean in the logfiles?
Old 1st January 2006, 22:01   #964  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth
note: do not upload the patches to SF if they're not completed or i (or the other admins) have to reject them.
Ah right. I won't do that in future then.

Quote:
Also, is it incemetal (restuctured2 goes over restructure1) or is it from scratch (restructure2 goes over the megui sources)?
It is incremental, structured2 goes over structured1.

In future i'll just host temp builds until everyone's satisfied with the changes, then i'll post it on SF. I'll remove the two patches from SF regarding the layout changes, and i'll submit a final one later (that goes over the CVS source) when everything is double checked.
Mutant_Fruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2006, 22:04   #965  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

i said that coz the Patch tracking is inteder for "working" or almost ready to be submitted patches
Old 1st January 2006, 22:09   #966  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Quote:
i said that coz the Patch tracking is inteder for "working" or almost ready to be submitted patches
No worries. I'm new to this, so please point out any mistakes i make. Also, am i creating the patches correctly, or is the way i'm creating the patch making it awkward for you to apply it? I'm using the commandline diff and patch utils for creating the patches.
Old 1st January 2006, 22:13   #967  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

it's ok. it just creates some minor problems.
Old 2nd January 2006, 00:05   #968  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Heres a build if anyone wants to check out the new x264 configuration dialog layout.

Let me know of any problems.

http://www.fileshack.us/files/741/Me...264-Dialog.zip
Old 2nd January 2006, 02:04   #969  |  Link
berrinam

Ok, after having some problems with patching (TortoiseCVS patching requires CVS access, and with unreliable anonymous access, and disallowed developer access , this didn't eventuate), I ended up just copying the changed files into a separate folder. The changes are the same as last time, but this time, it includes the new files. Some files are no longer needed, ie both of the OneClickDefault window ones (cs and resx), and the OneClickDefaults.cs file. I've made no change to the version number as I don't know what numbering system we are following.

The changes are here on rapidshare. The code I have attached only works in .NET 2.0. If it is decided that we should stay in .NET 1.1 for the moment, then I will change the code, but for now it is too much work. The code should work if you simply copy and replace the files in my archive on top of the 1029a version Sharktooth posted. As to going with .NET 2.0, I had somehow assumed that we were already using .NET 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski
Yep, I'm evil and disabled CVS write privileges for everyone except admins so that we use the Patch Tracker, hehe. It's a training period so that admins get used to checking it as much as anything else.
As I said above: anonymous CVS is a pain, as is making patches. Can I have my developer access back, please, or can I be made an admin? This 'training period' excuse seems quite flimsy to me.

Changelog:
-Redesigned One Click mode to have a basic and advanced tab. Added oneclick profiles, and added support for avs profiles inside oneclick.
-Allowed user to select "Don't care" for the file target in both AutoEncode and OneClick, so that MeGUI will not adjust the bitrate to reach the target, but will instead use the profile's settings. This also allows the use of crf and qp in AutoEncode and OneClick.

Last edited by berrinam; 2nd January 2006 at 02:07.
berrinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 15:33   #970  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

So the question rises again... Shall we move to .NET 2.0?
Old 2nd January 2006, 15:51   #971  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Well, there's no disadvantages to moving except that people will have to install the .NET2.0 package (but they'll either already have it thanks to windows update, or will have to install it soon enough anyway). Advantages include more controls and hopefully faster development due to VC# Express being a bit better, so i'd say go for it.
Old 2nd January 2006, 15:56   #972  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

I know what are the advantages... also the "x264 ppl" chosen .NET 2.0 too ( http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=104797 ), but the other devs should agree to move to .NET 2.0 (im all for it though).
Old 2nd January 2006, 16:15   #973  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant_Fruit
Heres a build if anyone wants to check out the new x264 configuration dialog layout.

Let me know of any problems.

http://www.fileshack.us/files/741/Me...264-Dialog.zip
It's Deblocking Strenght and Deblocking Threshold.
Old 2nd January 2006, 16:30   #974  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Whoops, my bad. I just renamed them, created a patch and uploaded to SF. I think its pretty much finished. I havn't spotted any cut-off text. Everything seems to be placed appropriately. All the controls are still linked to their correct events (as far as i can tell). So i think its good to go.
Old 2nd January 2006, 16:33   #975  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Shall we move to .NET 2.0?
Yes.. I've just installed VS2k5 on every machine I develop on.
Old 2nd January 2006, 16:57   #976  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

On my way...
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:03   #977  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

CVS Update: included berrinam patch. It now requires .NET 2.0 to compile.
0.2.3.1030 2 Jan 2005
Redesigned One Click mode to have a basic and advanced tab. Added oneclick profiles, and added support for avs profiles inside oneclick.
Allowed user to select "Don't care" for the file target in both AutoEncode and OneClick, so that MeGUI will not adjust the bitrate to reach the target, but will instead use the profile's settings. This also allows the use of crf and qp in AutoEncode and OneClick.

However snow and x264 conditional compiling is br0ken. Easy to fix but have no time to do it right now.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 2nd January 2006 at 17:06.
Old 2nd January 2006, 18:50   #978  |  Link
max-holz

Quote:
CVS Update: included berrinam patch. It now requires .NET 2.0 to compile.
0.2.3.1030 2 Jan 2005
Redesigned One Click mode to have a basic and advanced tab. Added oneclick profiles, and added support for avs profiles inside oneclick.
Allowed user to select "Don't care" for the file target in both AutoEncode and OneClick, so that MeGUI will not adjust the bitrate to reach the target, but will instead use the profile's settings. This also allows the use of crf and qp in AutoEncode and OneClick.

However snow and x264 conditional compiling is br0ken. Easy to fix but have no time to do it right now.
Possible having source on webalice?

Ciao
max-holz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 19:54   #979  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Made my first changes. Is it possible to tell tortoise to store my password? It's not like anybody else could use this box.

Also, does anybody know how tortoise will act when I take those files to my notebook tomorrow, work in them on my way to work and back, then put them back on the PC where I have tortoise installed?

And does anybody know of a good diff that tortoise could use?

Last but not least, has anybody figured out how to make VS2k5 (or Express) stop complaining about GUI classes with conditional compilation statements? It's not like this warning has any useful meaning in the current context.
Old 2nd January 2006, 19:55   #980  |  Link
Pasqui

Using MeGUI 0.2.3.1029a for .NET2.0, I cannot set the avisynth plugins folder. The dialog box only shows the Program Files folder and its subfolders, but my Avisynth installation in another folder (F:\DVD\AviSynth2).
Pasqui is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, megui, not a help thread